• Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maruti Celerio- a revolution

Back to work @EGL

Awesome

Maruti Celerio- a revolution

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/33450213.cms

Found the article quite interesting and thought of sharing it
      Last edited by Samrat; 9th Apr 2014 at 11:20.

bewildered

Awesome

I cannot fully accept some points.
      The only reason it became a success is because it is a "Maruti".
      Maruti has a brand value, trust, very good quality, maintenance for years.
      People will blindly trust if its a maruti.
      If a fiat or cheverolet released AMT first, it would have failed pathetically because it was "too new"

Nissan first launched the highly fuel efficient, fully automatic CVT.
      Didnt that fail miserably inspite of good "kitna deta hai?"

Maruti is like Apple computers. Anything they make will be revolutionary because of "trust" & "home company" factors but any revolutionary stuff done by other manufactures slowly go un noticed.
      That said, only maruti can help indian auto develop.

The Terminator

Awesome

Maruti makes very good quality cars?, from when?.

Toll Free Suresh

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Skynet View Post
      My office colleague who was an ex employee of Bimal Motors said that the quality of swift was not worth the amount we pay.

Driving a Code 6 remapped
      Fiesta Classic

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Skynet View Post

Quote Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
      My office colleague who was an ex employee of Bimal Motors said that the quality of swift was not worth the amount we pay.
      Maruti is riding on a image which is in peoples mind for some years now.

That is why even if they make inferior designs, people still don't see the technicality, but only the brand Maruti.

It is similar to the situation in politics,

where a stupid son/daughter or a follower is getting support, attention and value because of his father(who may be a ex-leader or deceased leader)

This can be applied, for almost all the so called young leaders, in all political parties.

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Honestly their Petrol engines & the way they tune MJD better than fiat with apt gearing is something Maruti & Suzuki has to be appreciated for. The fact they royally mess up is when putting them all together in a package. They have read the Indian consumers mind way very well than the other players & taken the right message "Kitna Deta hai" very seriously & have been targetting the right set of crowd everytime & they've not failed to impress them.

What they made / make a mistake is while they keep attracting the masses they fail to give attention to the detail & fail to impress the enthusiasts. They even gave a shot to target that small crowd by bringing in Kizhashi but what happened to them ? It backfired them seriously. Though there's a mistake on their part as well by pricing it exorbitantly, the message they got from this episode is do well what you're doing already. Don't venture into something which you're not comfortable about.

So no point in cribbing about Maruti, they're not going to change things upside down as their business is doing good with the top sellers still being on the top of the list. Just that they've to manage the show to fight against the competition. Though Maruti's share in our market have been going up & down, their position as number one is still the same. I don't expect a change in this until they're going to beat around this bush (of producing VFM products, best ASS in the country, blah blah).

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

The Terminator

Awesome

I don't know on what basis Mr. Robin is saying Maruti makes very good quality cars. Let me give example of Maruti products owned by family members-

We have Maruti OMNI (2000 model), it was rattle free for first year or two. But the present OMNI has rattles from day one. My cousins have purchased Dzire, Swift,Wagon R in last 1-2 years. Those things rattle like hell within months.

Now coming to the trust part. Our OMNI broke down in the middle of the road due to timing belt failure at around 80,000KMs (2 years ago). It was running on second timing belt.

Towed it to Mandovi Motors, which is supposed to be one of the best M.A.S.S in India. After two days we were told that our OMNI is ready. When my father went to collect OMNI, he was shocked to see a dent near headlights. Apparently the OMNI hit another parked car while towing inside service centre and these people try to pass the car saying "It was present before". After some heated arguments they agreed that it's their fault.

Last month, my cousin's Wagon R was rear ended by a truck while negotiating a speed breaker. It was taken to Bharath Auto Cars. They took nearly two weeks more than the promised return date. This car also hit something when it was in M.A.S.S. They did a shoddy touch up job to hide new dents. Repaired boot portion had paint over spray, color differences and misaligned panels. We expected the car to be returned after a thorough cleaning, but it was full of dust; not at all acceptable when they give a 35k repairs bill.

Had to write to top officials of Maruti get it rectified. So how can we trust India's #1 car maker?, where is product quality and service quality?. These are small examples.

If we compare, the quality of products, service, overall customer experience is 1000 times better in Tata Motors.
      Rabid Dog Club - Bite First, Bark Later.

In a loop

Secret

Think we are going OT here from the title topic but if we it the title was about quality of Maruti cars, i have a few cents to share.
      a) My distant relative who was working with MSIL also said the same that MSIL is now fully about making money and not build quality. He had seen the value system deteriorate over the years.
      b) Except for the top end cars, they care a hoot about the vehicle safety. Guess other Indian manufacturers are equally guilty as well

c) Their model seems to be have spare parts that are cheap i.e for the people to comment that the cost of spares are so cheap but the critical element is the mean time between failure is higher than say Honda or Toyota. Ask Lvramanan on his Swift's clutch or the break pad wear etc.

d) They advertise everywhere to shift to 5th gear at 40 or 50kmph irrespective of the car, the load and traffic condition. with that kind of lugging, the mileage would be decent but they would get good business of spare parts orders of worn out clutches, blown turbos soon plus the service centers make money for replacing them. i.e. make the spares fail frequently at the optimal time, have service centers all around for people to flock to you, provide spares at cheap rate. you make money on the spares, the service centers make money on service, the customer gets a feeling that the car is cheap to maintain, very affordable service centers everywhere nothing to bother.

e) They know which model sells and what kind of features customers want. the make people wait for the higher trims with safety and keep the lower variant bare bone pushing demand for the vxi trim. They also flood the market with that variant but keep the price of VXi, VDI trims slightly higher and make a good margin out of it.

a.k.a AntiFigoRacer

Hungry

Is the waiting time still 6 months on Celerio AMT or has it reduced?
      TATA Indica Vista Quadrajet (2009) | Suzuki GS 150R (2010) | TVS Wego (2011) | TVS Victor GL (2004) - SOLD

Speed!!!!

Awesome

Blog Entries
      IMO Its looks Fugly.. Its selling because its a Maruti Product
      |Skoda Rapid Elegance TDI |--| Ford FIGO 1.4 TDCI TITANIUM| Yamaha R-15 |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information