• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Results 1 to 7 of 7

    Thread: Yeild sign?

    1. #1
      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Bangalore
      Posts
      339

      Yeild sign?

      what exactly does the YIELD sign mean? Stop for the other driver at the roundabout/ intersection? Wouldn't most people do it anyway? Without the sign? Or am I wrong?
      Last edited by ramakant; 10th Apr 2014 at 20:21.

    2. #2
      A well oiled machine
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      Chennai
      Posts
      4,911
      Does anyone yield here in India? Please show me. I will build a temple and worship him/her.

    3. #3
      I once had a nasty boss who
      always asked 'What is status'.
      Ever since, I don't set a
      status.
       
      Awesome
       
      shifu's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2013
      Location
      Hyderabad, TG
      Posts
      126
      Quote Originally Posted by ramakant View Post
      Stop for the other driver at the roundabout/ intersection? Wouldn't most people do it anyway?
      If you go by the book, "Yield" means you stop only if there other vehicles coming in your way. "Stop" means you stop no matter what, look and then go when its safe.

      I guess you meant, most people will not do it anyway. I don't remember even noticing the signs on our road. We 'manage', no matter what the traffic light or sign says.

    4. #4
      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Bangalore
      Posts
      339
      Quote Originally Posted by shifu View Post
      If you go by the book, "Yield" means you stop only if there other vehicles coming in your way. "Stop" means you stop no matter what, look and then go when its safe.

      I guess you meant, most people will not do it anyway. I don't remember even noticing the signs on our road. We 'manage', no matter what the traffic light or sign says.
      Ah ok, that explains all the honking that happens behind me near the Windsor manor circle.

    5. #5

      "Cogito Ergo Sum"
       
      Awesome
       
      Roadking's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Location
      Bangalore, KA
      Posts
      1,472
      Quote Originally Posted by ramakant View Post
      Ah ok, that explains all the honking that happens behind me near the Windsor manor circle.
      Is there a sign board over there? Must be new -Don't worry it will be gone in a couple of days...

    6. #6
      Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!
       
      Awesome
       
      shishirbn's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Location
      Namma BENGALURU
      Posts
      19,643
      Quote Originally Posted by ramakant View Post
      that happens behind me near the Windsor manor circle.
      What happened?
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

    7. #7

      Dicored!
       
      Awesome
       
      kairalee's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Bangalore
      Posts
      2,028
      Quote Originally Posted by shishirbn View Post
      What happened?
      ramakant yielded !!
      https://www.facebook.com/ThaenMadurai/

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 10
      Last Post: 15th Mar 2011, 11:15

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •