Thread: Skoda Rapid buying decision

Good cars take you to Point A
      to point B; Great cars, Well
      they just lead you into
      trouble. I own one.

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by pushkaraj View Post
      unplanned activities
      Wow, straight out of some dream sequence with respect to the way Skoda FASS handled it! Great to know that you and your family were unhurt.
      RIP that stray dog

“Driving is better than
      walking, because hitting is
      better than being hit.”

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kkn13 View Post
      I sold my Superb couple of years ago even though it meant I took a massive depreciation hit since it was a relatively new car
      After sales in Mumbai was terrible and I remember small small issues taking weeks to get fixed
      Yeah , but my expriance is skoda rapid parts are very easily available , i think it has to do with massive localisation they had , unlike superb which is mostly import .
      ----- Pushkaraj -----
      Bikes*** 1996 Kinetic Luna (sold ) , 2000 Bajaj scooter (sold ),2003 Black Hero Honda splendour (sold),2005 Blue Hero Honda Splendour (sold),2007 Hero Honda super Splendour ( sold )2009 Honda Activa ( using )
      Cars*** 2007 Ford Ikon Flair (sold ),2012 Grande Punto MJD E+ (sold),2014 Skoda Rapid TDI (using)

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Yeah , but my expriance is skoda rapid parts are very easily available , i think it has to do with massive localisation they had , unlike superb which is mostly import .
      True but my SIL had similar instances with her Polo
      So I dont think the issue is entirely due to imported

“Driving is better than
      better than being hit.”

Awesome

Chennai -

Hey Guys , Anybody from Chennai ? I plan to travel over the weekend ( Next Saturday ) with Family , getting some bad weather reports , Chennai city itself is affected by rain ?

#chennai
      ----- Pushkaraj -----
      Bikes*** 1996 Kinetic Luna (sold ) , 2000 Bajaj scooter (sold ),2003 Black Hero Honda splendour (sold),2005 Blue Hero Honda Splendour (sold),2007 Hero Honda super Splendour ( sold )2009 Honda Activa ( using )
      Cars*** 2007 Ford Ikon Flair (sold ),2012 Grande Punto MJD E+ (sold),2014 Skoda Rapid TDI (using)

In search of POWER

Hungry

And what about Mahabs? Had a booking for Nov 1st weekend. Wondering whether I should cancel it.
      2012 Cruze Eco 1.4Turbo ... Commuter Car

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Hey Guys , Anybody from Chennai ? I plan to travel over the weekend ( Next Saturday ) with Family , getting some bad weather reports , Chennai city itself is affected by rain ?
      Not so bad but expect bad traffic clogs and slow moving traffic everywhere. Which part of the City you will be in ? And where all you plan to travel ?

Quote Originally Posted by krish View Post
      And what about Mahabs? Had a booking for Nov 1st weekend. Wondering whether I should cancel it.
      No issues there. Mahabs is technically not Chennai Its 45 kms from the Chennai border. Recently they've cleaned and beautified the place so there should be no issues. Except that plan for a couple of hours extra cos of the rains.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

“Driving is better than
      better than being hit.”

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      Not so bad but expect bad traffic clogs and slow moving traffic everywhere. Which part of the City you will be in ? And where all you plan to travel ?
      Thank you for reply

Current final list to see ( i am not really planning travel across , its mainly dedicated to "explore" chennai trip.)
      1. Marina beach
      2.kapaleeshawarar temple
      3.Arignar Anna zoology park
      4.guindy national park
      5 . Museum - Fort

And As per Strong suggestions -
      6. Mahabalipuram

Of course , "to taste has "Mylapore Filter Coffee Shop" in least" , Suggestions welcome here as well
      ----- Pushkaraj -----

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

You can exclude Guindy National park from the list. Arignar Anna Zoological park will be a big daddy of Guindy National park and will have a lot more animals which you cannot find in Guindy National Park.

If you're interested to watch Reptiles like Snake and Crocodiles, then visit the Snake park in the same Guindy National Park.

Fort Museum last I remember was under renovation couple of months back. Not sure if its completed and open again for Public. Do have a check on that.

Mahabalipuram, yes a must watch now, especially after Modi visit, its glittering & do visit before it dulls down

Other amusement / historical places if you would like to visit, Chokhi Dhani, Santhome Basilica Church (one of the 3 Apostles in the World), Dakshin Chitra, Matsya Narayana Temple

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

“Driving is better than
      better than being hit.”

Awesome

You can exclude Guindy National park from the list. Arignar Anna Zoological park will be a big daddy of Guindy National park and will have a lot more animals which you cannot find in Guindy National Park.
      Done removed !

Fort Museum last I remember was under renovation couple of months back. Not sure if its completed and open again for Public. Do have a check on that.
      Thanks ! Will check before putting that in final plan .
      ----- Pushkaraj -----

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

pushkaraj - Are you travelling in the weekend of 26th & 27th ? If yes, let me remind you its Diwali weekend, most of the places might be hell crowded and crackers bursting and stopping you when you're moving around residential areas. Highways will not be an issue. Most of the places might be closed due to Diwali on Sunday.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread Information