• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: handling problem in karizma r

What's up fellas?

Awesome

handling problem in karizma r

hey guys. i have a peculiar problem in my karizma r 2011 model. bike has done 26,000 kms. now let me tell the issue.

when i ride the bike, the bikes sways from left to right and fro, and also i get the feel as if the front tyres were punctured and the handle bar gets heavy and i'm not able to handle the bike. this punctured feel is prominent when braking from high speeds. i went to the show room. the mechanic said to me change stem, t-cone and handle bar.

this issue is more prominent on roads with rough patches and bumps. i decided to check myself. i went to a outside mechanic and he took the bike for a ride. he said there is no problem in shocks, t-cone and steam.

i took the bike to the high way and i took my hands of my handle bar at speed of 60. there is no swaying and everything is perfect. then while returning back, i have to cross a rough patch of bumpy road the above said problem started. the tyre shop guy checked the rims and wheels and said it's fine.

the wobbling and handle bar heavyness and punctured feel occurs rarely and more prominent on rough roads. when i tested the bike on a well laid highway at 120, there is no woblling and nothing and the bike is rock solid.

now my question is how can be the suspension be a problem when the issue raises only on bad roads? there is slight bend in handle bar but it's not a problem it has been there for 15,000 kms. recently changes the chain sprocket, engine oil, and air filter from a outside shop before 3 months.

if i remeber correctly, this wobbling started only after changing the chain sprocket and another mechanic said i need to stay arm bush of rear wheel. i'm confused which way to go? am i dumb relating chain sprocket change to wobbling issue?

gurus help me please

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by RVD View Post
      i get the feel as if the front tyres were punctured
      You are talking about a wobble that can be dangerous if it gets out of control and you will never be able to control the bike then. Replace your fork bearings. worn bearings, too low tyre pressure or incorrect amount of oil in your forks. You can start by checking tyre pressures and the fork oil

Lost & searching..

Secret

Check your swing arm bushes. It's too early to have messed them up but worth checking.
      There is only one cure for grey hair. It was invented by a Frenchman. It is called the Guillotine - PGW

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

Check the Fork by opening it. Sometimes changes are that at the bottom where the bolt expands the fork, the wall of the fork might have broken or a crack might have been initiated.
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

www.reflecton.in

Awesome

If its rear wheel, then Swing Arm Bushes or Wheel Bearings might be the culprit.
      Front wheel- Check bearings, Tstem.
      Torquoholic

www.reflecton.in

*1978 Yezdi B Model *1984 Hero Honda CD 100 *Ariel Red Hunter 1947*2000 Suzuki Fiero * 2004 HH Karizma 1993 Yezdi RoadKing 2001 Yamaha RX 135 5 Speed*Suzuki Zen(Sold)*Suzuki Esteem*Lambretta*Bajaj Chetak*LML Vespa*Enfield Silver Plus * Suzuki SS80

Thread Information