• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fortuner or endeavor or captiva or pajero sport

O_o

Awesome

I have driven all these cars and have owned an Endeavour.

2 choices

1. Fortuner - Good resale value, toyota reliability, good looks waiting period of 2 months for any color other than white. and 1 month for white color.
      Decent drive and cheaper to maintain.

2. Pajero Sport - relatively new in the market, good stance and commanding view. Good drive and wait period of 2 months for any color since this is a CKD version.
      resale value relatively decent compared to Endeavour, not sure of the ASS but new dealerships sprouting up everywhere.

Do not take the endeavour since it has leaf springs at the rear, ride is bouncy, expensive to maintain and resale value is not that great.

Life is too short to enjoy

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
      My friend has an Innova and wants to upgrade to a SUV. He has done lots of research and has shortlisted Koleos and Pajero Sport. He is inclining towards Pajero Sport but unable to decide between the two. It will be of a great help if anyone can tell what would be the main advantage of selecting Pajero over Koleos. Also is there any main advantage which Koleos has over Pajero? The main reason for his upgrade is that the Innova lacks power.
      My choice would be neither of the two ,Frankly telling as
      1) Mitsubishi a uncertain diminishing brand in India , Spare parts or good ass will be a question mark
      2) Well Keloes didn't sell in huge number ,I think highest sale of 100 or 200 in month. Spare parts will be a problem .

Only positive is both will grab attention in roads .

Quote Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
      The main reason for his upgrade is that the Innova lacks power
      Why not use a racechip or tuning , It is a more reliable workhorse , Spare parts available in every corner of India

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
      1. Fortuner - Good resale value, toyota reliability, good looks waiting period of 2 months for any color other than white. and 1 month for white color.
      Decent drive and cheaper to maintain.
      Fortuner was in his list initially but he ruled out since it's too common on roads and also he didn't like the ride quality. He has taken the TD of Pajero and is impressed with the way it drives. He is yet to TD the Koleos which is planned for this weekend. There are some ownership reports of Pajero Sport in the other forum but never seen any reports of Koleos. Therefore the Koleos ownership is still a big question mark.

resale value relatively decent compared to Endeavour,
      He is not worried about the resale value since he'll be keeping the vehicle for a very long period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by AMG Style View Post
      Mitsubishi a uncertain diminishing brand in India , Spare parts or good ass will be a question mark
      2) Well Keloes didn't sell in huge number ,I think highest sale of 100 or 200 in month. Spare parts will be a problem .
      He had a lengthy discussion with the Mitsubishi ASS and the SA has given him confidence that there won't be any spare part issues. But we can't just depend on his words. Lets see how the interaction with the Renault dealership goes this weekend.

Why not use a racechip or tuning , It is a more reliable workhorse , Spare parts available in every corner of India
      I missed his second reason for the upgrade His Innova is 7 years old and is bored of it. It has run 70K km. He is planning to retain it and use it as a beater car at home.
      Last edited by guyfrmblr; 10th Mar 2015 at 10:59.

Ouroboros
      There is no place like

Secret

Pajero Sport: If the car is going to be a keeper and resale value is of no concern.
      Fortuner: Bullet proof reliability - But since your friend already have an Innova, he'd just be paying 15L+ for an already familiar (and boring) platform - Unjustifiable IMHO!
      Koleos: It's not a SUV but a Crossover like Captiva, Tucson...It'd be the most comfortable and better handler of the three, but then again, it does not have the street-cred of the above two.

If I were in his position, within these choices, I'd pick the Pajero Sport. Outside of these, I'd pick the XC60/Q3/X3, but then again, they are in a different realm altogether.
      CODE6.IN | DigitalVampire.com | XENG.net
      "If there is a god, atheism must seem to god as less of an insult than religion.” --Edmond de Goncour

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
      If I were in his position, within these choices, I'd pick the Pajero Sport. Outside of these, I'd pick the XC60/Q3/X3, but then again, they are in a different realm altogether.
      Thanks for the inputs. Most probably it'll be the Pajero Sport. He has booked the TD of Koleos this weekend to see what it offers. He is not willing to extend the budget for XC60/Q3/X3.

Life is too short to enjoy

Hungry

Why not a XUV500.Its of same segments but different in terms of features , Looks etc. It also has OK reliability and powerful engine.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AMG Style View Post
      Why not a XUV500.Its of same segments
      The issue with XUV is highlighted above

Searcing new Destinations...

Awesome

Bringing an old thread alive.
      What was the final decision?
      A few weeks back had gone to the Skoda ASS on Hosur Road. Came to know that a new Mitsubishi showroom has just opened that same day exactly opposite to the Hosur Road Skoda showroom. They offered a test drive of the AT which I took though hadn't gone as a buyer but as a casual enquirer. Coming from Skoda, the difference in road presence large, also liked the commanding view all around. One main difference is that the turning radius is much better than my Rapid.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information