• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Rattling noise from front suspension of Figo diagnosed and eliminated !!

Miles to go with Smiles !!!

Awesome

Rattling noise from front suspension of Figo diagnosed and eliminated !!

I was hearing and rattle sound tad--tad-----tad like noise from over a month and was very upset with the noise. The noise was appearing only on slightly rough roads on slow speeds but not on highways or large bumps and path-holes on good speed.

I visited many forums but to no avail again visited ASS they quoted 5k for internal front suspension inspection and overhaul visited local mechanic they quoted 2.5k for same and both told to leave car for 3 to 5 hrs to do entire work, but I was not convinced with their diagnose of problem and kept on thinking best solution.

Yesterday I was free and went to market with my Figo and hired a mechanic for just tools and doing as I want basis for Rs 400(labour+tools) and started diagnosing things one by one with him. I found all bushes and linkage was fine the only culprit was steering ball end joint of left wheel !! I got a set of two(650/- talbros make) and replaced both end joints>>

Voila Sound eliminated in just 1050/- Rs. This make me more confident!! In future I will not believe straightway on ASS and mechanics as they just replace entire parts(for commission on spares sale) without even diagnosing the fault !!

Happy to dirty my hands for my Figo!! Its running smooth now!!

It may help one of you in future!!

Also some important things I came to know are the spares are almost same for Figo and Fiesta even Fusion and Ikon shares some common spares with each other. Prices of some parts are like- sway bar linkage is just ₹300/- Pc. and Ball joint on suspension arm are available in market for ₹500-600/- Pc and no need to replace entire suspension arm for ₹2000/- for just faulty ball joint. Bushing is also available separately!!
      I have taken the pics and will upload them shortly!!

Miles to go with Smiles !!!

Awesome

Besides this Wheel Alignment and Balancing was done for ₹350/-. The wheel expert said the problem may be caused by improper wheel balance as left front wheel was the most imbalanced wheel and it took 40+60 gms of weight to balance it and Tyre wear was also uneven along circumference due to imbalance. Tyre was wobbling up and down when rotated freely in balancing machine.

I suggest all car lovers to get wheel balancing and alignment every 5k km to avoid sch problems !!!

Dreaming about driving!

Awesome

Same noise

Quote Originally Posted by jashbhagat View Post
      Besides this Wheel Alignment and Balancing was done for ₹350/-. The wheel expert said the problem may be caused by improper wheel balance as left front wheel was the most imbalanced wheel and it took 40+60 gms of weight to balance it and Tyre wear was also uneven along circumference due to imbalance. Tyre was wobbling up and down when rotated freely in balancing machine.

I suggest all car lovers to get wheel balancing and alignment every 5k km to avoid sch problems !!!

I have the same noise - Can you post some pictures please if possible?

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Question Same sound from right side

Quote Originally Posted by jashbhagat View Post
      I was hearing and rattle sound tad--tad-----tad like noise from over a month and was very upset with the noise. The noise was appearing only on slightly rough roads on slow speeds but not on highways or large bumps and path-holes on good speed.

I visited many forums but to no avail again visited ASS they quoted 5k for internal front suspension inspection and overhaul visited local mechanic they quoted 2.5k for same and both told to leave car for 3 to 5 hrs to do entire work, but I was not convinced with their diagnose of problem and kept on thinking best solution.

Yesterday I was free and went to market with my Figo and hired a mechanic for just tools and doing as I want basis for Rs 400(labour+tools) and started diagnosing things one by one with him. I found all bushes and linkage was fine the only culprit was steering ball end joint of left wheel !! I got a set of two(650/- talbros make) and replaced both end joints>>

Voila Sound eliminated in just 1050/- Rs. This make me more confident!! In future I will not believe straightway on ASS and mechanics as they just replace entire parts(for commission on spares sale) without even diagnosing the fault !!

Happy to dirty my hands for my Figo!! Its running smooth now!!

It may help one of you in future!!

Also some important things I came to know are the spares are almost same for Figo and Fiesta even Fusion and Ikon shares some common spares with each other. Prices of some parts are like- sway bar linkage is just ₹300/- Pc. and Ball joint on suspension arm are available in market for ₹500-600/- Pc and no need to replace entire suspension arm for ₹2000/- for just faulty ball joint. Bushing is also available separately!!
      I have taken the pics and will upload them shortly!!
      Saw this post after paying the penalty of believing ASS guys and 1 more mechanic. They told problem is with shocker. I got 2 new shockers just after changing 1 I thought of checking if it worked. But it did not. Could you post picture or elaborate how much time it takes to change the joint.

Thread Information