• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My White Panther - Polo 1.5TDi - Code'6 Tuned- Ownership report

Hungry for more POWER!!!

Hungry

My White Panther - Polo 1.5TDi - Code'6 Tuned- Ownership report

I have only been buying pre owned cars for now. After the last car skoda octavia me and dad decided to go for a new one since its been a hassle maintaining the pre owned ones and selling them is another pain in the a**.

Finally after a long argument and fighting we settled in for a hatchback. Not enough budget for buying a sedan at the moment.

Since our usage is very minimum, say less than 100kms in a month approx we decided to go in for a petrol.

Though there are many options in the hatchback segment we ruled out a few companies

-No more Maruti's. Had a very bad experience travelling in a Swift Dzire. Plus already an ex owner of swift.

-Chevrolet beat. I literally hate the sight of the beat. No offence to anyone here.

-Renault pulse and Nissan Micra. Good cars though but the interiors suck big time. Have heard there is a lot of vibrations pass 100kmph in renault pulse. Didn't even bother to take TD.

-Tata was not even in our minds.

So finally we had three cars in mind

1) Volkswagen Polo
      2) Hyundai Grand i10
      3) Fiat Punto

My main concern here was looks and ABS.

We first took a TD of VW Polo 1.2L petrol Highline. Beautiful build quality, excellent plastics, had ABS and airbags as standard and the looks. Fell in love with it. Downside was a 3cyl engine. The best thing I loved in the Polo the outside noise is comparatively heard less than other hatches.

Next we took a TD of Punto . Dad was very much interested in the punto reason being for the space. Much more better than VW Polo in terms of space only. I had requested a TD of 1.2L petrol and the showroom people here didn't have one. They only had the 1.4L petrol. I was like ok. Committed to bring the car in the evening. The Sales executive called me upon reaching my place. On seeing me he switched off the car. Looks like they had the AC turned on have been waiting. The sound of the car was equal to a broken motor pump. Sounded worse. Plus the humming noise from the engine.

I live in an apartment second floor and this so called punto's motor sound was heard.

I asked the Sales person why so much of noise from the engine. He simply blames on the Xylo which was parked right in front of the Punto saying the sound came from the Xylo.

Only after driving for a few meters I realised that they had brought a 09' version. The sales person tried to cover up saying the glass was changed recently and its a 2013 version. The interiors was totally fu***d up. Cheap plastics. The gear shifts were hard. Showed the car to dad, he wasn't happy. So dropped the punto. Thank god he had bought a 09 car. Else my dad would have settled in for a punto.

The fiat website mentioned that the dynamic version had ABS. Another reason why we considered punto. But from 2013 only emotion pack comes with ABS and Airbags.

I am still yet to take the TD of Grand i10.

My heart says Polo highline.
      Last edited by The Flash; 27th Jun 2014 at 14:20.

Life is too short to enjoy

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by bala4567 View Post
      German
      If you can live with minor niggles and high service cost you can buy german hatchback like fabia ,Polo (Facelift due ) .As you have tolerated Used car problems ,I can you can tackle minor niggles . It has ok after sales service and mileage .

Korean
      If you want reliability with good after sales service but poor petrol mileage cars .

Italian
      No comments . fiat ASS is scary with spare parts problems .

My suggestion is look at Toyota Liva , Honda Brio or Amaze.

www.renjuraju.com

Awesome

Right now Polo is available with great discounts as the new face-lifted version is coming up in July. So if you are Ok with settling with an outgoing model then go for the Polo as you will save a lot of money there
      Get in touch with me: renjuraju.me(at)gmail.com

Hungry for more POWER!!!

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by AMG Style View Post
      My suggestion is look at Toyota Liva , Honda Brio or Amaze.
      All the interiors are not good.

Just took the TD of Amaze. Mom and I got giddiness after we got out of the car. Ruled out.

So sticking with the polo.

Quote Originally Posted by Renju Raju View Post
      Right now Polo is available with great discounts as the new face-lifted version is coming up in July. So if you are Ok with settling with an outgoing model then go for the Polo as you will save a lot of money there
      Polo Highline on road price is 6,90,000 which includes insurance worth 25k + 3500 worth mud flap and car mat + one year extended warranty worth 6k.

Will be booking the vehicle on Monday

Dream Garage is coming soon!!!

Awesome

Bala-I suggest you to wait for new Polo,which is getting launched on July 15th.

Hungry for more POWER!!!

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Ventoman View Post
      Bala-I suggest you to wait for new Polo,which is getting launched on July 15th.
      The sales executive told me that there would be a price increase of 20-30k on the new Polo. Plus no offers.

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

had ABS and airbags as standard
      Only airbags are standard, ABS is available only in mid and top variant. You can consider mid variant and can save big amount for adding accessories of your liking at later stage.

Hungry for more POWER!!!

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
      Only airbags are standard, ABS is available only in mid and top variant. You can consider mid variant and can save big amount for adding accessories of your liking at later stage.
      Booked the Polo Highline buddy

“Driving is better than
      walking, because hitting is
      better than being hit.”

Awesome

If you can still keep your purchase on hold , 15th July is confirmed date and one thing which is in news is , the petrol engine is also tuned - Would give better performance compared to old polo ( engine specs are same ).

15th July is not that far and considering you will keep the new car for long term , i would suggest to wait.
      ----- Pushkaraj -----
      Bikes*** 1996 Kinetic Luna (sold ) , 2000 Bajaj scooter (sold ),2003 Black Hero Honda splendour (sold),2005 Blue Hero Honda Splendour (sold),2007 Hero Honda super Splendour ( sold )2009 Honda Activa ( using )
      Cars*** 2007 Ford Ikon Flair (sold ),2012 Grande Punto MJD E+ (sold),2014 Skoda Rapid TDI (using)

Madrasipattanam

Awesome

Congrats Bala. Which colour you booked? Waiting time?

Have heard there is a lot of vibrations pass 100kmph in renault pulse.
      It's a wrong information. My car vibrates past 160kmph in speedo which should be around 154kmph in GPS.
      Never Say Never Again :)

Specially for Photography Section - If i post any pic in photography section, Please click and view in full screen for correct resolution and clarity. Thanks !!

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information