• Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheated at petrol pump, woman files police complaint

“Driving is better than
      walking, because hitting is
      better than being hit.”

Awesome

Cheated at petrol pump, woman files police complaint

Pune :

A 46-year-old woman who was cheated by employees of a petrol pump, not only caught them in the act, but also got them arrested. Anagha Ghaisas, an independent documentary filmmaker who lives at Paud Road had gone to Sai Petrol Pump at Jay Bhavani Nagar, on Friday afternoon in her Volkswagen Polo. “ Just as the meter reached Rs 2,372, another employee came between me and the fuel meter. I asked him to move, and I was surprised to see that the meter showed Rs 2,960.” Ghaisas objected to the sudden increase. “While I was arguing, one of them pressed a lever on the meter and the reading changed to Rs 2,372. They told me there was something wrong with my eyesight, at which point I demanded they call the manager,” she added. Ghaisas said the manager asked her not to overreact and offered to waive Rs 1,000 off her bill. “I told them it wasn’t about the money, which is when they got nasty. They took me aside and threatened me, warning me not to mess with them,” she said. Ghaisas later filed a complaint at Kothrud police station. “The police were considering my complaint a non-cognisable offence , but I insisted otherwise,” she said. A complaint has been registered under Section 420 of the IPC.

The arrested employees have been identified as Vilas Kadam (27), a resident of Warje, Baba alias Nitin Shinde (28), a resident of Kalewadi and Liaqat Sheikh (48), a resident of Kothrud and manager of the pump.

PSI N Sonkambale of Kothrud PS, said, “We arrested them on Friday, they were produced in Shivajinagar court on Saturday and have been remanded in police custody till June 30.”

News : The Times Group
      ----- Pushkaraj -----
      Bikes*** 1996 Kinetic Luna (sold ) , 2000 Bajaj scooter (sold ),2003 Black Hero Honda splendour (sold),2005 Blue Hero Honda Splendour (sold),2007 Hero Honda super Splendour ( sold )2009 Honda Activa ( using )
      Cars*** 2007 Ford Ikon Flair (sold ),2012 Grande Punto MJD E+ (sold),2014 Skoda Rapid TDI (using)

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

I never go this pump. Its always crowded and space for moving your vehicle out of pump area is very less. Because of long going road renovation work it makes situation horrible for this pump.

AWB

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

Hope this becomes national news and all bunks would be careful going ahead
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

Hondameister
      Formerly IITK

Awesome

This should be widely publicised.

Recently I went to Gurgaon starting wigh a full tank, and topped up with 1000 at Ferozabad on the way. Then I topped up at Gurgaon. Again topped up at Kanpur on my return. The kpl showed 15.4 (overall) and 15.5. When I calculated I got a 1kpl difference. So was obviously short supplied or got duff petrol somewhere. Since the Gurgaon pump is popular and regularly used by my son I suspect the pump at Ferozabad. I had stopped there since i needed a PUC as well.
      Drive carefully, the life you save may be your own.
      Honda Civic V AT (2010), Honda Brio V AT 2012
      Hyundai Accent GLS, 2003; Hyundai Santro AT (2005)

“Driving is better than
      better than being hit.”

Awesome

Cheating by Petrol attendent is somethihng which every vehicle driver has to face at some point of time.

Few years ago ,at late night , my bike tank went dry and i had to push bike up to the petrol pump , i filled around 2.5 Ltr - and after going for 200-300 mtrs my bike went into reserve mode , now bike had reserve of 1.4 Ltr , there was no way that it could consume 1 ltr for that distance .Went staright back to petrol pump , Told him that i can empty my bike tank and he can check petrol level . told him that i am going to file police complaint and all . He knew that they cheated me , After few logical arguments from my side - end result was they gave all my money back !!

That was my last day in that city so could not take that matter further.

I also hate when they cheat for 10/20/30/50 Paise and argue that how does that small amount matter ( so they stop meter say at 99.50 instead of 100 ..) so when govt increase prices by 50 paise for diesel we actually end up paying more .

The cheating amount can be 50Rs to 500 Rs OR more , If i notice that car standing next to me is getting cheated by petrol attendent i make it point to tell the owner .
      ----- Pushkaraj -----
      Bikes*** 1996 Kinetic Luna (sold ) , 2000 Bajaj scooter (sold ),2003 Black Hero Honda splendour (sold),2005 Blue Hero Honda Splendour (sold),2007 Hero Honda super Splendour ( sold )2009 Honda Activa ( using )
      Cars*** 2007 Ford Ikon Flair (sold ),2012 Grande Punto MJD E+ (sold),2014 Skoda Rapid TDI (using)

I am aware now

Awesome

Someone should do this for the Udupi Garden Petrol bunk in Bangalore. God knows what they fill in our tanks. My puny 150 cc bike knocks with the fuel from there!
      2004 Bajaj Discover 125 DTSi - 26000 KM - Sold
      2012 Suzuki GS150R
      2012 Ford Figo Diesel Titanium

ironically a remapped tdi is
      faster than the next segment
      tdi at lesser price.

Awesome

We have discussed petrol pump problems and solutions in other threads also. Just adding something which I have not yet. The lady here claims that, upon pressing somewhere the meter altered the price.

I have no idea how that can happen on an unaltered machine? There is a mandatory legal metrology seal which controls all such systems from malpractice. Maybe that has been tampered or machine is being used when it is stated as non operational.

But to avoid any such incidents, follow these simple rules

Try to visit pumps that are automated. How to know if a pump is automated? Well, ask the manager or try to see any printers on islands which are connected to machines. These printers will be identical and bill can be taken from any printer there. Or else get into the office, look for box which holds some electronic stuff inside (refer pic).

Or atleast fill from machines that seem like the one in pic.
      In the pic you can 2 kinds of machine. The 1 in front is very advanced than the rear 1. Also you can see the printer besides it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140701_001.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	184245

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140701_002.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	184246
      Last edited by legendracer; 1st Jul 2014 at 11:22.
      Why do people post I want the best for my car... When there isn't anything that is the best on the car to begin with.

ironically a remapped tdi is
      faster than the next segment
      tdi at lesser price.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by pushkaraj View Post
      I also hate when they cheat for 10/20/30/50 Paise and argue that how does that small amount matter ( so they stop meter say at 99.50 instead of 100 ..) so when govt increase prices by 50 paise for diesel we actually end up paying more .
      You are right but sometimes its otherwise. Every machine can be preset either in liters or Rs. Its your choice. If you choose to preset litres then make sure you got right change to tender. If you see that, attendant is not presetting and simply controlling by his hand then say that you need fuel for what you paid. Now coming to, otherwise, part. Ever watched carefully, how these people work all day long? In a nutshell, when you close the shift there is big probability that money falls short with respect to sale. To counter that they try to get these small pennies. Reasons are many like, power cuts ( suppose filling starts and power goes at Rs 4.87, customer does not pay that), some buggers cheat them by saying they gave Rs 100 when they gave only Rs 50 and insist on getting balance Rs 50 ( you too know in a busy bus even we can cheat a bus conductor)... They don't make even Rs 50 at the end, maybe Rs 30 or Rs 40. Come on man, think that you gave it to charity. These pennies don't go to office but to attendant's purse. They calculate it in mind and when it becomes Rs 10 they shift it to their purse. Its funny if you observe, but sad too when thought of their plight. I just promote saying, if its less than 50 paise, don't take that money, but if its more than 50 paise, fight and get it. Above all fill only for preset... - - - Updated - - -
      If i notice that car standing next to me is getting cheated by petrol attendent i make it point to tell the owner .
      owner? better say moron? WTF is he doing inside the cabin? Driver is supposed to come out, open the tank, pay in advance and look closely to meter, close tank and exit safely.
      i filled around 2.5 Ltr - and after going for 200-300 mtrs my bike went into reserve mode , now bike had reserve of 1.4 Ltr , there was no way that it could consume 1 ltr for that distance .
      when they gave back your money, maybe you were cheated. But, didn't you look meter?
      Last edited by shishirbn; 1st Jul 2014 at 11:55.
      Why do people post I want the best for my car... When there isn't anything that is the best on the car to begin with.

“Driving is better than
      better than being hit.”

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by legendracer View Post
      when they gave back your money, maybe you were cheated. But, didn't you look meter?
      I was sure they started from Rs 50 but he kept saying that they started from Zero , that was actaully start of problem
      ----- Pushkaraj -----

“Driving is better than
      better than being hit.”

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by legendracer View Post
      I have no idea how that can happen on an unaltered machine? There is a mandatory legal metrology seal which controls all such systems from malpractice.

These guys are smart , i remember Crime branch had raided Indian Oil John and Sons Service Centre at Sainath Nagar in Virar (east) and found that an employee was using a remote control to activate an electronic chip fitted in one of the fuel-dispensing machines to increase the petrol delivery pulse while making sure that the supply and money charged was shown accurately on the machine.

How it works

* The fuel-dispensing machine is fitted with an electronic chip which increases the fuel delivery pulse through a remote control

* The remote control has the alphabets 'A', 'B' and 'C', which is pre-fed with the percentage of fuel that has to be stolen. So if 'A' is 6%, while 'C' is 5%. The remote is operated by the attendant who steals the fuel depending on the vehicle

* So, while the display board on the machine shows the correct litre and cost, the fuel that goes into the vehicle is much lesse
      ----- Pushkaraj -----

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information