• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Figo Broke Down due to Water-Mixed Petrol dispensed at BP Petrol Pump! Stranded at 1200kms away from home! - Ford came to Rescue!

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Figo Broke Down due to Water-Mixed Petrol dispensed at BP Petrol Pump! Stranded at 1200kms away from home! - Ford came to Rescue!

Well, I was with my family and were heading to Kanyakumari from Hogenakkal, Tamilnadu by our #Figo 1.2P. We were already behind the schedule by ~2 hours due to sudden health problem wife suffered en-route.

~5:10 pm.

We were somewhere near Madurai, on Madurai Bye-pass road, NH7, when we saw a BP petrol pump and decided to fill the petrol there.

Filled ~36lts, paid the amount, received the bill, moved the car out of the queue. Parked at side, well inside the pump area, for few minutes. Used the restrooms there. Back and cranked the car.

It didn’t start!

Next whole episode is quite interesting and should definitely be shared here, IMO.

Well, #Figo had undergone some repair and part replacements just a week before which included battery replacement. So, my first doubt was the battery/loose battery terminals or related elictricals. Checked the battery terminals. Found okay.

Tried couple of times to crank and start the car, but failed. Finally, at sharp 5:30pm I called SA in Pune FASS, Planet Ford, and reported the issue.

SA tried to understand for remote diagnosis, asked me to check the wires again. He also called the RSA, Pune and asked them to contact me immediately.

Once battery was out of doubt, RSA, SA doubted another possibility that I might have filled a diesel, which I denied. I knew, it wasn’t the case.

RSA guessed another – fuel system might have developed a bubble/air gap and fuel might not been supplied to the engine.

As per him, this could happen when we tank-up the fuel after long and continuous drive. I was not convinced at all, but decided to wait for 15-20 minutes as per his advice or else contact local Ford service station.

Contd...
      Last edited by Dev11; 8th Aug 2014 at 13:52.

Awesome

Mean while, saw a silver colour Figo stopped at roadside just in front of the petrol pump. Seeing that the family travelling by the car I approached them and told them my problem. Mr Dinkar and his family, being in travel and had to travel further, immediately showed their readiness to help us. Great! Thanks to them.

Yes, they were going to some place further south to Madurai and were driving down from Salem or Tumkur, I don’t exactly remember now.
      We decided to give a try to push-start, tried couple of times but of no use.

We then decided to call local FASS - Akshaya Ford. He reported the problem to them. Knowing local language, he was best able to communicate with them in the local language, it helped me in further communication.

6:00pm.

Received a call from SA, Pune. He also had contacted Akshaya Ford. He told me that they would call me. I also informed him that I had already talked to them.

He assured his availability on phone and asked me to keep him informing.

Well, his duty hours end on 6:00 pm.

6:10pm.

Received a call from Akshaya Ford asking about the issue, place, etc and replied that they would be sending somebody. This was in reply to the call they received from Pune, FASS.

Mr Dinkar was still with us. I requested him to continue their journey. Mr Dinkar assured me that he would be in touch and also offered further help, if any I would need. He gave me his number.

Thanks to them and brotherly spirit they shown!

6:30pm.

Received another call from Akshaya Ford, now this was in response of Mr Dinkar's another call to them. Yes, that fellow had once again called them and asked to provide us quick service, as I was with my family and far away from home.

Akshaya Ford confirmed that they had sent somebody and he would reach in some 30-40 minutes.

Rescue arrived on 7:40pm and within 10 minutes they confirmed the presence of water in the Petrol.

Contd...

Life is too short to enjoy

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
      water in the Petrol

Dude you should filled to brim from start of journey and not fill at remote places or unknown . Best of luck next time and sad to hear about your suffering and salute to silver figo for helping you .

Awesome

Ford service guys showed me the bottle in which they had collected the petrol-water mix. Well, in that ~200ml solution, no petrol layer was visible, only water!

Till then, I was thinking that some electricals or engine related issue might have caused the halt.

Approached petrol pump assistant with full of anger. Talked, but no way I was able to communicate with them, or they might be pretending like that.

6:50 pm

Received a call from SA. Informed him about the finding. He seemed worried.

He asked me about my further schedule, reservations and bookings, etc. I asked him that why he was asking me like that?

He was hesitant while replying! And yes it was a shocker to me when he explained the possibilities of damages.

At first, I felt relieved that drain out the fuel, refill and go. But SA said few things that were really worrisome.

What he told me is this –

1. water might have damaged injectors, well less possibility as Figo was not driven after that. In that case it would have been impossible to work on the car for Akshaya Ford, until the parts were inspected and repair was approved by FORD. Chances were that even the parts would have to be ordered and procured from Ford.

2. Warranty could not be claimed and water in fuel is out of the scope of warranty. And those parts are expensive, too expensive.

3. Fuel tank had to be removed and fuel filter had to be cleaned. It also might have to be replaced.

4. Fuel pump was also on the risk of damage/failure and replacement could be needed.

5. Shocker for me was this - Ford Service Stations all over India remained closed for Diwali Vacation.

And, it was the last working day before Diwali. An eve before Dhanteras!

Contd...
      Last edited by Dev11; 8th Aug 2014 at 15:26.

"Omelette du
      fromage"

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AMG Style View Post
      Dude you should filled to brim from start of journey and not fill at remote places or unknown
      Dev11 is 1200 Km far from home. Even if he fills to the brim (45 ltr) at the start of the journey, he must to refill at some point to reach this 1200 Km and again at some other unknown pump on his return.
      Ford Figo TDCi ZXI May '12 | Hyundai Accent CRDi Nov '05 | Honda Unicorn Mar '10 | Hero Honda Passion Sept '02

Hun 2die4

Awesome

The big question from my side... did the pump took back the water and gave you the refund?
      Why walk when you can run?

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by muztariq View Post
      did the pump took back the water and gave you the refund?
      Refund of what? Water? LOL.

Correction - it should have been 7:50 pm instead of 6:50 pm.
      6:50 pm

Received a call from SA. Informed him about the finding. He seemed worried.

~~Wandering Soul~~
      by the power of Grayskull

Secret

Shocker for me was this - Ford Service Stations all over India remained closed for Diwali Vacation.

And, it was the last working day before Diwali. An eve before Dhanteras!
      When did this happen ? as Deepavali there is still time

Awesome

Now, very first decision should be to call a towing truck right away! But I was hesitant and didn’t go for it that time.

Made a call to Akshaya Ford. Now Mr. Senthil, Manager Service, took the charge. He had a chat with one of the guys, KRS – Karka Raja Swamy.

I was advised not to crank the car, not at all! Towing was the only option.

Akshaya Ford responded negative on my query about taking the Figo for repair job. Yes, Akshay Ford had confirmed that workshop was already closed for 4 days from the next day.

Mechanics and other staff were already left and no one will be there other than the security. By no way car could be taken for the work, even for inspection. Only “entry” was possible.

I asked for emergency service and repair. Well, I was ready to extra charges for that, but Na, Nope!

Edit :

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
      When did this happen ? as Deepavali there is still time
      Oh Sorry! I forget to mention that all this happened on in last Diwali Vacation, on the day - Oct 31, 2013! Thanks for pointing out!

It may be due to the posting in brief about incident in another thread - a TL - Exploring Kerala!.
      Last edited by Dev11; 8th Aug 2014 at 17:03.

Confused

Awesome

Dev11

Loved your writing style. Reading this thread is like reading a suspense novel, you have to know what happens next. Eagerly refreshing the page now and again .

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information