• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: My White Forest: 2014 Fluidic Verna VTVT 1.6 SX(O)

Chugging Along in Pothole City

Awesome

Gents

Sorry if I am barging onto this thread or posting in the wrong place.

Not sure how many 2014 Verna owners are from Bangalore here. But, can you please confirm if the suspension handling is better and it doesn't bottom out on our famed pothole city humps and road ditches. I regularly drive on the Wipro back-gate road near Electronic City in my Swift - have seen quite a few scrapes from the Vernas (may be old models?), Jettas & Civics. My swift scrapes the bottom only on full load (with 4 people), but on single driving (which is mostly the case) it doesn't (touchwood). Also does the top end come with the 6 airbag model or it that also phased out like they've done in the i20 - which was, in my opinion, a singularly bad move (apart from removing the average FE from the MID).

Cheers!
      TurboTurtle

A well oiled machine

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by turboturtle View Post
      Not sure how many 2014 Verna owners are from Bangalore here.
      jaguar
      Also does the top end come with the 6 airbag model
      Yes. It was temporarily discontinued but was reintroduced.
      (apart from removing the average FE from the MID).
      MID does show average FE
      FiiO X7 Mark II - HELIX DSP PRO MK2 - TRU Billet v2 B41-S - MOREL Elate Ti 602 - MOREL Ultimo Ti 102

Awesome

But, can you please confirm if the suspension handling is better and it doesn't bottom out on our famed pothole city humps and road ditches.
      I haven't driven the old verna but people who have driven both say that there is a definite improvement in the 2014 model. The stock suspension does bottom out but if you are careful, there is no underbody scraping in Bangy roads. Only with heavy loads, did I have scraping issues.

PS: I have upgraded to Teins now

Also does the top end come with the 6 airbag model
      It was a bad move and the reason why I went for SX instead of SX(O). Heard that it is re-introduced now.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
      I haven't driven the old verna but people who have driven both say that there is a definite improvement in the 2014 model. The stock suspension does bottom out but if you are careful, there is no underbody scraping in Bangy roads. Only with heavy loads, did I have scraping issues.

PS: I have upgraded to Teins now
      Thanks for sharing your experience jaguar. How much did the Teins cost you? Any feedback on how's it faring? Have you heard of anyone using / seen any feedback on the Rogers shock absorber extension (?)
      (Suspension Rogerab - Roger Motors - Car Acccessories)

To be honest, I was long contemplating on upgrading to the new City; but going by the feedback seen on a few major and lots of minor niggles, considering Verna. It wasn't in the running earlier precisely due to the suspension issue, but now that it's a contender, am looking out for alternatives to solve this problem.

It was a bad move and the reason why I went for SX instead of SX(O). Heard that it is re-introduced now.
      Just checked a few sites, SX(O) is still the only one which comes with 6 balloons, but that's priced a little over a lakh more on road in Bangalore compared to the SX version.

Also, with the facelift being rumored to launch sooner than later, let's see what surprises Hyundai springs on us. Hmm, back to the waiting game - as they say, 'there's always a good movie releasing the next Friday'.
      Last edited by turboturtle; 11th Nov 2014 at 17:11.

Awesome

Thanks for sharing your experience jaguar. How much did the Teins cost you? Any feedback on how's it faring? Have you heard of anyone using / seen any feedback on the Rogers shock absorber extension (?)
      (Suspension Rogerab - Roger Motors - Car Acccessories)
      I paid close to a lakh. I am happy with it. Takes away lot of the unpredictability in corners and the rear doesn't step out anymore.

I don't know anyone using the Rogers extension. But that won't be of any help for the verna. It is not the suspension length/ride height that is an issue in the verna. It is the entire suspension geometry which is incorrect. The Teins kit comes with new set of dampers and stiffer springs, which improves the handling without any change in the ride height.

Just checked a few sites, SX(O) is still the only one which comes with 6 balloons, but that's priced a little over a lakh more on road in Bangalore compared to the SX version.
      There are 2 variants above SX
      SX(O) --> SX + Leather seats + Start-Stop Button -- Priced about a lakh over the SX
      SX(O) with extra airbags --> SX(O) + 4 airbags -- Costs some 15k more than SX(O)

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
      I paid close to a lakh. I am happy with it. Takes away lot of the unpredictability in corners and the rear doesn't step out anymore.

I don't know anyone using the Rogers extension. But that won't be of any help for the verna. It is not the suspension length/ride height that is an issue in the verna. It is the entire suspension geometry which is incorrect. The Teins kit comes with new set of dampers and stiffer springs, which improves the handling without any change in the ride height.
      Ouch - so I will have to budget for some more dough if I am planning for the Verna knowing this could be a handicap

There are 2 variants above SX
      SX(O) --> SX + Leather seats + Start-Stop Button -- Priced about a lakh over the SX
      SX(O) with extra airbags --> SX(O) + 4 airbags -- Costs some 15k more than SX(O)
      How I wish I only had to pay 15k more than SX to get the extra balloons without paying for the leather seats and the start-stop button

Cheers!
      TurboTurtle

A well oiled machine

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by SKV View Post
      Extended warranty not available for AT
      Could you check with your dealer again? Hyundai Motor Plaza, Chennai offered me extended warranty for the AT when I was looking to replace my manual diesel with petrol AT.
      FiiO X7 Mark II - HELIX DSP PRO MK2 - TRU Billet v2 B41-S - MOREL Elate Ti 602 - MOREL Ultimo Ti 102

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by SKV View Post
      Extended warranty not available for AT
      Extended warranty is available for AT at dealer level. Popular hyundai Trivandrum offered me 3rd year extended warranty at a cost of Rs. 12495 for my verna SX(O) AT crdi

A well oiled machine

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by keerthi View Post
      Chennai offered me extended warranty for the AT
      Just to clear the confusion.... What I meant was extended warranty for the Hyundai's 4-speed automatic transmission on the Fluidic Verna, which the Chennai dealer agreed to provide.
      Last edited by keerthi; 22nd Dec 2014 at 12:40.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information