• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ford Ecosport AT Booked

Forget and forgive. Live and
      let live. Learn and learn to

Awesome

The Ecosport is nearing 30k now! I have been using it for past few days since my X-trail is grounded.

First, the issues:
      1. I am hearing the whirring noise from the ACC. Need to open up the console and check it out personally. I have a hunch that its the sensor fan which is hitting the plastic and causing the noise.

2. Jerky gear upshifts. Going to let it be for the time being, since the local Ford A.S.S. doesn't have the expertise to solve the issue. Will ask them to update the software and see if it helps. The jerks aren't noticeable from the passenger side, but evident when in the driver's seat.

3. Small vibrations from plastic of the front passenger footwell. Comes and goes only at certain rpm's.

Other than that I must say its a really impressive car. Coming from the X-trail, its refreshing to experience the european solidity and awesome built. I still have issues with the blind spots, but other than that, its just an awesome car to drive around. Recommended.

I am also amazed that the stock brake pads have lasted this long for an A/T car (my experience suggests most A/T cars pads require replacements around 20-25k). Overall f.e. is 13 kmpl.

Thanks,
      Simple_car

Awesome

The Ecosport completed 38k kms and was recently serviced. The car has run 8k kms since past service. Following services were carried out:
      1. Oil and filter change
      2. A/C filter change
      3. Air filter change
      4. Spark plug change
      5. Break cleaning.

I have no complaints other than what has been recorded in the previous post. The car now wears some nicks and small dents due to NCR traffic (I'm surprised there aren't more!).
      Special thanks to the A/C in this car: It's out of the world!

Thanks,
      Simple_car

Awesome

The Ecosport is now lying idle for most days of the month. ODO is @41k kms currently. Usage is barely a day or two a month. The typical whirring sound behind the centre console (a very common problem attributed to the climate control sensor) is present. Tyres are showing a lot of cracks in the rubber and are due for a change. I like this car a lot!

Our Figo S on the other hand went for its yearly service a couple of weeks back. There were a lot of issues with the car such as link rods kaput (@ 15k kms !!!), noise from the centre console (sigh :|), alignment which just refused to get corrected, rattling air duct inlet, slipping clutch and lots of groans from plastics in the interior. Thankfully, almost all issues were resolved after the service:
      - Ford changed the link rods under warranty (alignment was included).
      - rattling air duct was fixed and taped properly
      - I don't know what they have done with the plastics and clutch, but the problems have vanished.
      - alignment and noise from the centre console have been subdued, but still present. I know that the service centre tries to just put some padding and insulation for the sensor. They did it even on our erstwhile new fiesta.
      - apart from all this, there was an 'engine check for oil consumption' which was automatically added by their servers. I assume this must be a silent recall from Ford. I have read that these engines do tend to develop drinking problems .There was no issue in my car.

Am a satisfied customer with Bhavna Ford. They are friendly bunch and do their job in one go. No unnecessary pushing. Just simple and straightforward solutions given ususally at fairly competitive prices. They are still expensive for out of warranty jobs, but the premium isn't much. Total damage to the pocket for the 2nd paid service was 4200 bucks. Special mention about the processes by Ford. Every issue with the cars are getting documented very thoroughly. I am impressed

Both Ford's have been running less the past year due to my general decline in inclination to drive. I have been in Bombay the past few months and the roads and traffic sense have really gone to the dogs here. Especially the 2 wheelers and autos. After having near misses almost daily despite paying good attention, I decided to give up driving unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks,
      Simple_car
      Last edited by Simple_car; 5th Mar 2019 at 00:28.

Awesome

Almost 3 years!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3082.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	3.77 MB 
ID:	236533
      Pic from yesterday after early morning airport ride. Gulped down 47 litres of petrol!

The ecosport will be 3 years old in a couple of months. ODO is at 47xxx kms, and I got the yearly service done a little earlier mainly because the brakes were screeching a lot. The service consisted of the following:

1. Routine 50k kms service (additional air filter replaced on my insistence)
      2. Brake pad and disc change (discs were pretty badly scarred (??) and needed to be changed)
      3. DCT clutch pack replacement.

The routine service and brake pad/disc change was over in a days time and costed me 350 bucks since I only had to pay for the air filter.

I had been experiencing noticeable gearshifts since more than a year. Had gotten progressively worse, but I hadn't addressed it since I didn't have the opportunity to go to the service centre to sit on their heads. I had spoken to the head of service during the last service and clearly expressed my displeasure when they had tried to brush aside the issue saying it was subjective (when it was obviously NOT!). Since I had time on my hands this time, I went to the service centre personally prepared for a battle..

Only, I didn't even have to fight. They acknowledged the issue without even a test drive and mentioned they will do the necessary part replacement all under warranty. Only rider: They didn't have the part in stock (will take 1 day to arrange the part) AND I will have to leave the car in their custody for 2 days.

So I arranged to have the car dropped at the service center when I was out of town for a week. I drove the car after the replacement. Joy oh joy, the DCT magic is back! I am astounded that I had forgotten just how quick the gearshifts were! I am so happy that I went on a long drive just to enjoy the shifts

With this, the only issue with the car is tyres...and the noise from the centre console They have added padding to reduce the sound, but its there alright. I think Ford knows that there is no solution apart from complete redesign of that sensor, which they are not going to do. No complaints about the A/C. In fact, this remains hands down, the best A/C I have experience in any car. Period.

The Delhi-NCR traffic has made its presence felt in form of scratches and dents in unusual places, but overall, the look isn't bad.

I have been a satisfied customer of Tanish Ford (for most part), and they have served me well. My experience with them is similar to their Mumbai counterpart (Bhavna Ford). Good for routine servicing and warranty replacements; slight premium for out of warranty work.

Thanks,
      Simple_car
      Last edited by Simple_car; 25th Jun 2019 at 00:42.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
      I have been a satisfied customer of Tanish Ford (for most part), and they have served me well. My experience with them is similar to their Mumbai counterpart (Bhavna Ford).
      Tanish Ford, Gurgaon is better as compared to Harpreet Ford, Harpreet Ford had become too bureaucratic, things move very slowly in their service area. They have good technicians but I think their Management needs refresher courses.
      2012 Ford Figo 1.4 Titanium, 2006 Bajaj Pulsar 150

I was lonely driving here tonight so I hugged the road.

Awesome

The Figo went for its annual service @ 22k kms. Has been driven a mere 7k kms in the past 9 months. Had to send it early as the rear doors had been jammed, and weren't opening. Sent it to Bhavna Ford, Kalina and handed over the keys to Mr Kale, who is a decent technician working there.

Complaints:
      1. Rear doors were jammed.
      2. The seat height adjuster plastic handle had broken.
      3. Rattling noise from engine bay.
      4. The ****ey struts weren't opening the ****ey on their own (after I lift it to a certain height).

Amazingly (and to my chagrin), the rear doors opened perfectly in front of Mr Kale. The rattling noise from the engine bay was from the air duct (again). On the ****ey struts, Mr Kale said nothing much could be done. I persisted for a while but then left it since I wasn't in the mood to ruin my morning.

I sat down with the service advisor and asked for the routine service to be carried out. Added air filter and a/c filter from my side. Rejected balancing, but opted for alignment and wheel rotation(''Sir, the wheels have to be balanced, if you are going to rotate'')...

Left the service centre with very little hope of getting the issues resolved. Got a call in the evening to pick the car. The final bill of some ~7k !! I glanced over the bill, and surely a a/c disinfection had been snuck in cheekily by the SA. Ruined my evening after blasting the SA. Finally paid ~6k ish which was approved.

I rejected replacing the seat height adjuster handle, as it was costing a cool 5k. I will look for some jugaad solution.

Collected the car the next day, as I didn't want to sit in traffic (the service centre is located in a very heavily trafficked area). As expected, the issues are still pending, and I will have to figure out a solution on my own now. The engine rattling noise has been fixed, but like last time, I am expecting it to recur after some time.

Bhavna Ford was running some deals on painting and denting (they always do!), but I rejected as I will be doing that only after the car accumulates sufficient amount of scratches and dents (usually after 5 years).

The car has been faithful, and reliable apart from the niggles.

Thanks,
      Simple_car

Awesome

Lockdown Update!

Ecosport has been lying unused since the start of national lockdown (March 24). I still remember that day. I had flown overnight to Delhi due to an emergency and booked the second last flight back to Bombay, barely hours before the national lockdown was announced. I have been in Bombay ever since, and most likely to stay for a couple of months. The battery of the Ecosport has died; but not the car battery --> key battery! Other than that nothing to report except inactivity...

The Figo, on the other hand, did see some action during lockdown when I drove to Ahmedabad and back in May. I had all the permits in place, and it was surreal to drive on the national highway during the lockdown. I had driven in the night, and was greeted by mostly empty roads and sadly, migrant workers walking back home
      I really enjoyed driving the Figo (superb engine and handling), and am grateful that I could make the trip in an otherwise drab time. The figo covered ~1.5k kms in the past 3 months. The engine rattle has come back, and I have done a jugaad with some cable ties to minimize the noise. The right side rear door is still problematic. The link rods will need replacement by 30k kms. Other than that the car is chugging along fine.

Regards,
      Simple_car

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information