• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Volkswagen Vento facelift launched at Rs 7.44 lakh, 1.5 TDI DSG at Rs 10.49 lakh

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

Volkswagen Vento facelift launched at Rs 7.44 lakh, 1.5 TDI DSG at Rs 10.49 lakh

Volkswagen has launched the facelifted Vento in India starting at Rs 7.44 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). Highlight of the facelift is the addition of the new 1.5-litre diesel motor, which also does duty in the Polo hatchback. In line with the Polo facelift, the facelifted Vento also gets a few cosmetic changes and equipment additions.

The updated Vento gets a brand new face thanks to the restrained-yet-smart use of chrome, reprofiled headlamps and a slightly redesigned bumper. It gets brand new alloys; and at the rear too, the bumper and tail-lights have been slightly restyled.

On the inside, the updated Vento gets the same new three-spoke steering wheel like the Polo and gets piano-black finish and audio and telephony controls. The dashboard gets a two-tone option for the standard car and the centre console gets silver finishing in contrast to the black.

The updated Volkswagen Vento is now available in the following trim levels:

Vento 1.6 MPI petrol manual in three variants -
      Trendline, Comfortline and Highline. Priced from Rs 7.44 lakh to Rs 8.87 lakh.

Vento 1.2 TSI petrol (7-speed DSG) -
      Comfortline and Highline trims. Rs 9.35 to Rs 9.92 lakh

Vento 1.5 TDI manual -
      Trendline, Comfortline and Highline variants. Rs 8.57 lakh to Rs 9.90 lakh

Vento 1.5 TDI (7-speed DSG) -
      Comfortline and Highline variants. Rs 10.49 to Rs 10.94 lakh

Introduction of the automatic gearbox on the Vento diesel is a good move on VW's part as there's only one other automatic diesel on offer in the segment, the Hyundai Verna. However, the Vento diesel gets a DSG unit which is far more accomplished than the four-speed auto 'box on the Verna. Given the timing of the launch, Volkswagen seems to also be making sure that it takes a fair swing to cash in on the festive season.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...kh-390623.aspx
      Last edited by Jack Sparrow; 24th Sep 2014 at 21:21.

hanging tight :/

Hungry

Well done VW, This pricing and diesel+DSG combination is surely going to put a dent on City and Verna sales, It might not be big but will be there for sure. Also, apart from TDI-DSG combination all other variants are below 10 Lakh

I am sure Rapid would be priced even more better

Updated: Is there any news on extended warranty for TDI-DSG?
      Last edited by Ghost Rider; 24th Sep 2014 at 22:04.
      Ghost Rider is Riding with the Potholes in Bangalore ..... :-[

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
      This pricing and diesel+DSG combination is surely going to put a dent on City and Verna sales
      I don't think it can make any significant damage to those other cars. They are more popular cars and majority of car buyers in this segment don't care about the techs like DSG etc. What they want is more features and this is where Vento fails.

Right now challenge for VW is to bring the Vento back to it's own place where it used to sell around 2-3K units a month (even after Rapid's launch) but now that sell has come down to less than 1K.

Gearhead

Hungry

1. Honda City automatic is 10.96 lakh whereas Vento 1.2 TSI DSG is 9.92 lakh. If this is true, then VW should have an winner in hand. Going forward, i anticipate a surge in sales of automatic versions and Vento is now comfortabily placed.

2. I guess Polo is still available in1.6 D version besides 1.5D. Then why Vento is not having 1.6 engine. Guess Polo won't be having the same for much longer.

3. Is the DSG gearbox not compatible with 1.6D engine ?

Global Tolerator
      Searching...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sanguine View Post
      2. I guess Polo is still available in1.6 D version besides 1.5D.
      No, there is no 1.6 TDI now, whatever being sold maybe the old left out stock.

White Unicorn

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sanguine View Post
      1. Honda City automatic is 10.96 lakh whereas Vento 1.2 TSI DSG is 9.92 lakh. If this is true, then VW should have an winner in hand. Going forward, i anticipate a surge in sales of automatic versions and Vento is now comfortabily placed.
      I doubt it. VW major drawback is the features offered. This is where it is lagging the leaders

Gearhead

Hungry

I think VW has provided new Vento with respectable feature list:

1. Rear parking sensor
      2. Height adjustable driver seat.
      3. Audio with Bluetooth, USB, Aux-in, SD card
      4. ACC
      5. Requisite safety features - ABS with ESP, Airbag,

There is nothing mind boggling about the list, but its not scarce as well. What are the main feature missing as compared to City ?

White Unicorn

Awesome

I was comparing the features offered in the New Vento, agree with you it seems better than what was offered earlier. But I observed following features missing even in top variant:

a. Reverse Camera
      b. Cruise Control
      c. Electrically Foldable ORVM
      d. Auto Door lock on speed

At least the above were observed in their brochure and web site.

On safety features, I appreciate VW providing Dual Airbag in all their variants, which is missing in Honda E & S variant.

But disappointed that ABS with EBD is absent in the lower variant of VW. Honda provides the same in all variants

Where there is no freedom
      there is no growth

Awesome

Vento has anti-pinch protection which is a very essential safety feature. Also from news paper ad I saw voice command feature with Bluetooth. Now I think vento is also as good as any other car in terms of features. Good that people has now more choices with both petrol and diesel AT. The best feature of Vento is its build quality.
      VERNA FLUIDIC 1.6 VTVT SX(O)

Where there is no freedom
      there is no growth

Awesome

Since TDI is below 1600CC it will attract less tax. Is it passed to customer compared to old 16TDI?
      VERNA FLUIDIC 1.6 VTVT SX(O)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information