• Secret
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disco Volante : My Red Passion Elite i20

Good cars take you to Point A
      to point B; Great cars, Well
      they just lead you into
      trouble. I own one.

Secret

Congratualtions!!!! Where are the pics bamaboy?

not aware that he can set his status here!

Hungry

Sorry for the delay guys. Just returned from a four day trip. Posting pics in an hour.
      2015 Mercedes-Benz C200 Avantgarde | 1996 Mercedes-Benz E220 | 2016 Hyundai Creta SX(O) | 2017 Isuzu D-Max V Cross | 2014 Hyundai Elite i20 Asta

Not on GH anymore!

Secret

Congrats bamaboy on your new acquisition. i20 in red is looking stunning.
      My Flickr - www.flickr.com/photos/103602929@N08

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Dev1984 View Post
      Congratulations bamaboy for your all new i20
      Quote Originally Posted by keerthi View Post
      Congrats bamaboy! Lovely choice.
      Quote Originally Posted by bhpistorqintorpm View Post
      congratulations bamaboy !!
      Quote Originally Posted by AMG Style View Post
      Congratulations on your new car . I think an SUV or crossover would be better suited to these conditions than a hatchback . Any way wishing you niggle free ownership and post pics asap .
      Thank you all!! AMG Style, yes an SUV or crossover would've been more suited for these roads. However, the i20 has enough Ground Clearance and haven't scraped the bottom so far in 630kms and ten days of driving.

Quote Originally Posted by sanguine View Post
      bamaboy Congrats on your new acquisition. Please add some photos in your next update.

I personally detest Hyundai's design (being over styled), but elite i20 is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful hatchback at present.

Since you are shifting from Figo to i20, your feedback regarding ride/handling/steering of i20 vis-a-vis Figo would be highly interesting.
      Thanks sanguine. i20 isn't good on highways as the Figo. Figo has a better chassis, suspension tuned for better handling and precise hydraulic power steering. Very stable and confident on high speeds.
      i20 on the other hand is more of a city car. Electric assisted power steering is light and lacks feedback, you'll want to keep both hands on the steering wheel on high speeds. Suspension is tuned for comfort and ride quality although the car felt quite stable at Ghat turns at speeds over 80km/h. Its stable at high speeds but not confident.

Quote Originally Posted by keerthi View Post
      Forget all that nonsense ICE it and just enjoy your ride.
      ICEing plans have begun and removed the Front Left Door Card yesterday just to remove the Factory Midbass. Less room for huge ass Midbass. My HAT L6v1 will barely fit with double 0.75 inch spacers. Need to experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by sridhar k View Post
      Yes, even I like the i20 elite's looks. Kind of love at first sight. Would be looking forward to your comments on ride, handling and steering feedback considering that you were switching over from one of the best cars in these aspects.

Having shifted from Getz to Manza to Swift, I can't imagine myself driving a getz again after getting used to the handling of the Swift. Perhaps at speeds less than 100, it hardly matter though.
      I'll miss the Figo's handling at highways. i20 will be used mostly in city and rarely will do highways. Light steering is a boon in city.

Quote Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
      Congratulations on your new purchase. Wish you many more happy miles with your new i20. Pics please .
      Thanks brother.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmoose View Post
      Congratulations bamaboy ! May all your ICE dreams come true !
      Thank you, Biju! I just hope. Lots of hard work and labour will have to spent on ICE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
      Congratualtions!!!! Where are the pics bamaboy?
      Thank you, Abhi!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
      Congrats bamaboy on your new acquisition. i20 in red is looking stunning.
      Thank you Anubhav Bhai!! Red i20 is a head turner. Grabs a lot of attention!
      Same pinch on Safari and i20.
      2015 Mercedes-Benz C200 Avantgarde | 1996 Mercedes-Benz E220 | 2016 Hyundai Creta SX(O) | 2017 Isuzu D-Max V Cross | 2014 Hyundai Elite i20 Asta

AutoBots India

Awesome

congrats rahul.!

elite i20 especially in passion red color definitely looks stunning.
      Hyundai has seriously upgraded the car from the previous gen. Have driven it twice and the first thing i noticed was improved ride quality and less body roll as compared to the previous generations of i20.

wishing you a happy ownership experience!
      2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Avantgarde (w204)
      2017 Honda City iVtec
      1996 Mercedes Benz E220 (w124)

Winner- 301w-600w category Bass Battle (2016, Buddh International Circuit)
      Winner- 501-1000w category Bass Battle (2017, Shakedown DTU)

TEAMRMS.IN
      FACEBOOK.COM/AUTOBOTSINDIA

Allergic to Morons and
      Retards..

Awesome

congrats..when is the ICE story coming up
      Maruti Wagon R | Hyundai Verna | Volkswagen Vento

Hungry

Before setting off back to home. It was time to say goodbye to beloved Figo with a heavy heart.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141021_085037.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	194780

Name:	20141021_085044.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	3.36 MB 
ID:	194781

Name:	20141021_085049.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	194782

I set off to Bilaspur on 9AM accompanied with a cousin. Roads till Jharkhand Border are beautiful. I literally drove crazy with high revs and pushed hard. The idea was to run-in engine nicely. User manual mentioned that to not keep the car at same speed/RPM for a long time and to keep fluctuating the speed on highways for the first 1000kms. There were no speed limits mentioned.

Engine :
      It took me a little time to settle down with a small Petrol Engine. Last Petrol cars I drove were Merc E350 and Skoda Superb 1.8TSI, both were automatics and big engines. Lower end pull is quite nice but 1.2 Kappa feels clumsy on mid rev range. I liked the way how freely Petrol Engine revs. This engine is not suited for Highways. It pulls nice till 80 Km/h after that it feels clumsy and under-powered. You have to work hard. May be its because of transition from a Turbocharged Diesel Car to Naturally Aspirated Petrol Car. Can't say. i20 will be mostly used in the City only so I'm not bothered with the Highway Performance.

Transmission :
      Gears are ratio'd well for City use. Requires less changes. Shifting and slotting is makkhan : butter smooth and accurate. Although sometimes First Gear slips and misses slotting from Neutral.

Steering and Handling :
      Took me a while to settle down with the steering. Its super light! City wise its good. On highways, not good. Although, it weighs up well accordingly with high speeds. There are some instances, you'll want to hold the steering with both the hands because you aren't confident.
      Coming from Hydraulic Power Steering to Electric Motor Assisted Power Steering in i20, it takes some time getting used to. 2008 Verna's steering is better. The car felt stable at high speeds and ghat turns with minimal body roll and good control. Although it isn't planted and sticky as Figo.
      The car came with Goodyear Assurance Tyres. The grip is not nice and they tend to lose grip and squeak on sharp turns(dry conditions), ride quality is good and less road noise. I'm badly missing Potenza GIIIs.

Point to mention : Front Right Tyre developed a bulge/deformed on Outer Sidewall. Noticed this on the second day and after 490 kms of running. There were no cuts or damages. Just the deformity on Sidewall. To my understanding, this is a manufacturing defect.

Ergonomics :
      Brilliant! I'm 6'2'' tall and have set the seat at lowest, slight pulled and lowered the steering(rake and reach adjustment) and bamn! The driving position is accurate for me and gives a very sporty feeling. Seats are comfortable and back support is good. There's absolutely no sight of the bonnet at this position. Have pushed the seats back and adjusted and my knee doesn't interfere with Climate Control knobs. Armrest though fixed is useful in the City and can rest my arm and shift gears without lifting.

Gadgets and Features :
      - ACC chills fast and Auto mode works effectively. I usually keep it at 23.5 degrees and Auto. Best thing about it is that you can enable all three directions of vents simultaneously just like high-end luxury cars.
      - Reverse Parking Camera takes some time getting used to as the screen is small and angled downwards. There's always a distance judgement error once you reverse looking at ORVMs and Camera Screen. ORVMs have odd optics. Parking sensors are quite accurate and also shows at MID screen on the ODO once you are near to an object behind.
      - MID Screen on the ODO is cool! I really liked the Digital Speedo Reading. There are separate modes with two tripmeters and average speed between journeys. No DTE and actual FE.
      - Need to activate Auto-lock with speed and Auto-unlock. I really miss this feature and can be done via G Scan. Central lock button is placed on the dash below hazard lights. Although, central locking doesn't work with Driver's or Front Passenger's side Lock Switch. Once Central Lock is engaged, you can pull the door release lever and it will automatically unlock and open the door, you don't need to unlock then pull release lever.
      - Steering Remote Controls don't change the folder. Don't toggle between the dial list menu on Bluetooth. Call Recieve/End Buttons and Mute Button is mostly used.
      - Stock ICE is good. Bass is good but highs aren't very clear. Overall perfectly fine for non-audiophiles. Midbass is locked on the door baffle with rivets. Glass rests too near with the baffle, hardly any room to install big ass midbass. Need to experiment this in order to fit my HAT L6v1.

Fuel Economy :
      It did less than 500kms on its maiden full tank and trip. 45 liters of tank and refuelled with 2800 bucks of Fuel. 11 Km/liter Economy on Highway. No regrets! I literally pushed it hard and drove crazy. I did enjoy the drive. I expect it to return at least 13-14 km/l on City runs. Must drive light footed.

Nazar lag gayi : The Jinx :
      - Front windshield cracked with a flying stone chip from Lorry's Tyre ahead on the road. This happened on the drive back to home and don't remember when it happened. Will post the pics.
      - Bubble/bulge/deformity on Outer Sidewall of Front Right Tyre. More details on the Goodyear Warranty Support Experience and Pics later.

*Buri Nazar wale tera muh kaala!

Time for some more pics on the way back to home :

Name:	20141021_104021.jpg 
Size:	583.0 KB 
ID:	194783

Name:	20141021_104018.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	593.1 KB 
ID:	194784

Name:	20141021_105134.jpg 
Size:	1,008.0 KB 
ID:	194785

Name:	20141021_101813_Richtone(HDR).jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	4.14 MB 
ID:	194786

Name:	20141021_101817_Richtone(HDR).jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	3.94 MB 
ID:	194787

Name:	20141021_101724.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	3.78 MB 
ID:	194788

Name:	20141021_193427.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	194789
      Last edited by bamaboy; 1st Nov 2014 at 21:54.

^ BHP = Torque X RPM

Awesome

congratulation once again bamaboy! car looks superb..

don't worry too much about the issues.. they are perfectly replaceable and yes.. 'boori nazar wale tera mooh kala'

Save the endangered species!! Save the Two Strokes!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/130855790280909/

Limp mode

Awesome

Congrats bamaboy. Wish you many many happy miles.
      "Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." -Colin McRae

has left gearheads

Secret

congrats bro, your car looks super cool..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information