• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 year old Itch, Scratched

Leave Home ..... Get Lost :)

Awesome

15 year old Itch, Scratched

Back from a ride through Spiti, Ladakh, Zanskar and Uttarakhand covering 8200Kms from 33 Days.

Will take some time to start the log till then, some teasers

Life is too short for traffic, take the highway .......
      Work life balance is like Air-Fuel mixture.

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

Awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee nice photos mannnnnnn Envy you
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

Awesome

Background Check:
      1999, the year it was when i followed J&K for more than just Kargil War. During those times, whenever you switched on the idiot box all you could see was the updates about the valiant efforts of the Indian Army to subdue the militants. That was when the new channels(Hardly any as against the case now) was telecasting mesmerizing videos of Snow capped mountains, wide open valleys pine forests and what not. It also described the severity of the lives of soldiers defending our country out there. That sowed a seed to visit the place " sometime in my life", just like deciding "i would study well from tomorrow" . Days passed, finished schooling and this idea of visiting the Himalayas was almost ignored. Whenever it poped up, subdued it citing Financial Reasons/Logistics/College and what not.*

Fast forward few years i started following few travelogues on Ladakh and the significance of the place in the pages of history. It was during the period of 2007-08, When some or the other was disturbing me from inside for many personal reasons, mainly because of the self woven cocoon of ill thoughts running across my mind. Had to get out of it somehow. Slowly I started following Travel Stories, mainly from India.*

After Quite a few months , Praveen comes out with his "Destination Unknown" which blew off the lids of so many people around that time. There are very few people who haven't given that ride a second look. It still is one of my biggest inspirations even though I have had the opportunity to interact with people who have toured the world, this ride of Praveen is very close to my heart, like the first love. Infact have made my mom and friends read it.*

Years Pass by, friends(In the riding circle) start doing Leh rides, multiple times. The time from Late May to Early October was the toughest to pass through after I started drooling over the Pics. Where ever i see/Read/Hear it was always Ladakh, Ladakh, Ladakh. A temporary fix to this frustration was given during the monsoons of 2012 when I rode northwards of Vindyas and Satpuras over a period of 15 days, the longest by then for me . By this time multiple rides down south had become too main stream. Every year Western ghats used to be a consolation prize for missing out on Ladakh.*

Around this time, comes*Motorcycle Travellers Meet, first of its kind in India. Unfortunately couldn't make it due to some other commitments, but very closely followed the event online. Every speaker had his/her own etiquette when asked to describe they travel stories of epic proportions. Come 2014, was determined to be a part of the second edition, and luckily I was in. The experience elevated me to a different level. One thing I observed in all these great travellers, including Praveen was the humbleness and down to earth attitude, which changed a lot inside me.It didn't bring me laurels, didn't add a penny on my salary statement, nor did it add some spice to the next day's meal. All it did was ask me a question with a Quadruple facepalm accompanied by Echo " What the Eff are you doing with your life? " couldn't answer it straightaway , but did get me into a lot of thinking. Couldn't concentrate on many of my daily chores.*

In the meantime dropped a bomb aat home about a Ladakh ride, initially they didn't take me seriously. Once I showed them the plan, mom was like " If you are going so far, go to Badrinath and Varanasi too " That was an approval signed and kept in the vault.

With a lot of uncertainty asked my Boss " I would like to have a leave from office for 25 days" the conversation went like this there after :
      B: Are you getting married?*
      Me: No.*
      B: Then why so many days?*
      Me: I wanna see the Himalayas.*
      B: Brilliant, Whats your plan ?*
      (Showing him the Itenary i had prepared over the years.)
      You sure you would be able to complete it in time.*
      Me: In all probability, Yes.*
      B: Go on, have a safe trip.
      Dont rush though things, take it easy. Enjoy. Its once in a lifetime experience.*

Happyness(Didn't care if it was an i or a Y in it ) had no bounds.*

Thus laid the foundation stone to the longest journey done by me so far. In-fact he spent the weekend researching the places. The next morning he walks up to my desk and silently slides in a News paper clipping regarding a Ladakh Travel which was published in one of the news papers and said "Found this, have a look at it. It might be useful".

The newspaper article which he got for me

To those who are interested, This was what was Planned but in the end, This was what was executed

To be Continued..............
      --

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Rain, Rain, Come Again

Secret

That is what should be called a travel or ride. I would like to exchange all my road trips done so far with one such trip. How i wish. !!

awesome pictures. please do post the log faster. Bike rides are better than T-fort drives, the travelogue also takes more time to post.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by shishirbn View Post
      Awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee nice photos mannnnnnn Envy you
      Thank You Shishir

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
      That is what should be called a travel or ride. I would like to exchange all my road trips done so far with one such trip. How i wish. !!

awesome pictures. please do post the log faster. Bike rides are better than T-fort drives, the travelogue also takes more time to post.

Wow that was a huge compliment. Im humbled Thank you for the consistent encouragement over the years Nomad

Madrasipattanam

Awesome

Awesome start there phanikar. Subscribed to this thread!

Now i like your boss so much
      Never Say Never Again :)

Specially for Photography Section - If i post any pic in photography section, Please click and view in full screen for correct resolution and clarity. Thanks !!

Hungry for more POWER!!!

Hungry

Another awesome thread!

Can't wait for the rest.
      2005 Maruti Swfit
      2005 Skoda Octavia
      2008 Ford Fiesta Classic
      2013 Honda Dio - Pearl White
      2014 VW Polo 1.5 TDi - White Panther

"Try everything in life but don't get addicted to it"

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Wow, What a start. Bikers Pride, Readers Envy

Regards
      Subbaraman

Diesel VS Petrol !

Awesome

Subscribed !! Amazing achievement
      '08 Suzuki Swift - 1.3 VXI - sold
      '13 Skoda Rapid TDI - 1.6 Code6'd - sold
      '11 Honda Civic - 1.8 VMT - FFE + Intake - sold
      '12 Hyundai Verna Fluidic - 1.4 VTVT
      '16 Hyundai Creta SX AT
      '16 Suzuki Alto K10 AMT VXI(o)

Turbo boost tearing roads
      apart.

Awesome

phanikar what an awesome thread am glued!! Top pics its like the entire Valley came right in front of me. Its like I am right there. Awesome keep it coming
      '02 Maruti Zen Lxi MPFI
      '08 Renault Logan GLX 1.4
      '12 SKODA RAPID TDI Elegance

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information