• Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Projector DRL Vs HID/Xenon : Ford Ecsport

Let's roll...

Awesome

Post Projector DRL Vs HID/Xenon : Ford Ecsport

Hello GEARHEADS,

Greetings...

This is my first post on this forum & I'm glad to be member of this enthusiast community. I will begin my journey here with a very important requirement of mine for which I am trying to gather all possible info since last couple of weeks.

Most distinguished choice for upgrading headlights on my Ecosport :-

Option 1) HID + DRL set up (AES or Morimoto)
      Option 2) Halogen/HID (Osram or Philips)

I have visited many shops located at Minister road (HYD) but none are able to advice with best possible solution other than P8 HID or Philips HID kit. I am looking to upgrade my primary headlights + my fog lamps as well. Need valuable inputs if someone from HYD who has done similar upgrade (preferably Ecosport owner) to advice me on my requirement. I have taken some good info from Blaze India (regarding AES projector + AES DRL) but also wanted to have better solution locally here which can help me to take forward my decision to a final conclusion.

Many Thanks & Best Regards,
      Salman

Global Moderator
      At wits end with Safari's
      auto-correct!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird_m6 View Post
      Option 1) HID + DRL set up (AES or Morimoto)
      Option 2) Halogen/HID (Osram or Philips)
      Welcome to GH and enjoy your stay here.

This topic has been discussed to death in multiple threads. Please use the search function, read up all the threads, and come back to us with specific queries if any, and we'll be glad to help you. Saves a lot of time, and repetition.

Something to start you off on

Quad Bi-xenon Projector Retrofit

All you wanted to know about HID headlights (Bi-XENON / H4 / H7 / etc))

Wagon R HID Projector Retrofit

DIY | Morimoto H1 Mini 35 Watts Bi-Xenon retrofit on my Verna Headlights

Custom Bi-Xenon Projector Retrofits

AES H1 Mini Projector kit

Review of the AES kit from Blaze

AES G1 Mini Projector - Review

......and many many more - literally pages and pages of threads on this subject.
      Last edited by kb100; 20th Dec 2014 at 02:40.
      A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

HID + DRL set up
      These kits are sold in Europe which lights up at half strength. One model is a relay that turns on the DRL when the alternator starts charging and the other with a relay that turns on the lights when the ignition is switched on. When you crank, the light goes off and comes on as soon as the alternator charges.
      Mine is controlled by a relay. DRL is standard and required by law.
      Last edited by Indian; 20th Dec 2014 at 03:24.

Let's roll...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
      Welcome to GH and enjoy your stay here.

This topic has been discussed to death in multiple threads. Please use the search function, read up all the threads, and come back to us with specific queries if any, and we'll be glad to help you. Saves a lot of time, and repetition.

......and many many more - literally pages and pages of threads on this subject.
      Dear Mod (kb100),

Many thanks for links as shared, I went through same earlier & other links related to my requirement before posting up. If you can suggest someone from HYD city can make a contact in this regard, I would like to personally come & have a conversation in person.

Global Moderator
      auto-correct!

Awesome

Dear Mod (kb100),

Many thanks for links as shared, I went through same earlier & other links related to my requirement before posting up. If you can suggest someone from HYD city can make a contact in this regard, I would like to personally come & have a conversation in person.
      Hey we are all friends here... no MOD business

I dont know if any HYD member has done this on GH - don't remember reading about it.

The best approach would be to define your need (low beam, high beam, spread, high speed driving etc) while detailing what you find lacking in your current setup. Once you have defined your specific requirement, then suggestions will make sense. Having said that, almost everyone comes in with one requirement or the other (the need is VISIBILITY largely - and this is not vehicle specific). However, the solutions are pretty standard... most of the WHY, WHEN, WHERE, WHAT and HOW has been discussed many times over.

In my personal opinion, none of the retrofit projectors fare close to OEM projectors costing many times over. Approach the upgrade step by step - throw in some of those 60+ bulbs first .. then upgrade to 100W with better holders and wiring.. and so on..(which has also been discussed )

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Hi thunderbird_m6 try the below link for your eco sport. Was searching for the Polo so came across this and i had read here you were looking for something similar.

Motor Header | Car Accessories Online in India · Ford Eco Sport Headlights

Global Moderator
      auto-correct!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by palace35mm View Post
      Hi thunderbird_m6 try the below link for your eco sport. Was searching for the Polo so came across this and i had read here you were looking for something similar.

Motor Header | Car Accessories Online in India · Ford Eco Sport Headlights
      Please don't buy anything without checking out the light throw. I am yet to come across a single ready made solution (other than OEM) that is remotely acceptable - all of them were worse than stock halogens - downright unusable!
      Last edited by kb100; 21st Dec 2014 at 22:09.

<invisible>

Awesome

Put all your money in budget to headlight to buy best of things. Spending on fog light to make it bright works counterproductive as increased foreground light will impair distance vision and stresses eyes in long drives in night.

Global Moderator
      auto-correct!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
      Put all your money in budget to headlight to buy best of things. Spending on fog light to make it bright works counterproductive as increased foreground light will impair distance vision and stresses eyes in long drives in night.
      Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
      The best approach would be to define your need (low beam, high beam, spread, high speed driving etc) while detailing what you find lacking in your current setup. Once you have defined your specific requirement, then suggestions will make sense.
      I had suggested that he define his needs - the approach will then vary accordingly. A projector is not the be-all and end-all of all things lighting.

Let's roll...

Awesome

I had suggested that he define his needs - the approach will then vary accordingly. A projector is not the be-all and end-all of all things lighting.

Hi kb 100,

I am working on my exact requirement & will soon do the posting so that forum members can help me on it precisely.

Last edited by kb100; 25th Dec 2014 at 23:52.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information