• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Terrano - My Experience

Aware that he can set his
      status here.

Awesome

Terrano - My Experience

When time came for upgrade, I had my eyes square on the new Diesel Honda City - didn't even consider anything else. So called Dakshin Honda for a test drive and the SE was at my home in an hour with the car. Me and my home minister went for the test drive and the decision was made almost immediately - Boss didn't like the car - it was too subdued and bland for her liking. Fortunately, I could figure out that she was hinting at a SUV and thus began the hunt.

Test drove the Duster AWD and Ecosport - Loved the former and hated the latter. But the AWD was a bit out of budget and hence came the Terrano. It ticked quite a few of our requirements and thanks to some good discounts during the Diwali season and the best exchange deal for my Micra, I booked a white 85BHP XLD+ on Oct 21st and took the delivery on November 3rd.

Initial experience was bitter-sweet - after getting used to the creature and feature comforts of the Micra, some missing things (auto AC, electronic folding ORVMs, easy-to-read MID, etc) on the Terrano did bug us. But my biggest complaint was the lack of power and grunt on the highway (so much for the decision to go for 85bhp!). So Terry's (my boss has a habit of naming our cars - the 'auto Zen was named Mini, Micra was Mickey) first long trip to Tirupati/Tirumala gave me the wake-up call. Something had to be done.

Extensive googling landed me at CMS's thread on his white bulldog and eventually led me to CODE6. Booked an appointment and met up with Digital Vampire and tadukuttan on Jan 13th. Also met bigmoose and his beast at Bay6. They opened up the fascinating world of tunes to me and what they did to my Terry got me hooked on to gearheads! I finally fell in love with my car(!) and so did my boss. And this after "just a mild remap, not a wild one" - in Anoop's words!
      So Terry is currently running a mild remap (though the acceleration is in no way mild to me) and also got a K&N filter installed at Bay6 today. Just got an OBD dongle delivered and planning to go on a long drive to measure and treasure the newly unveiled beast.

Straight roads are for fast
      cars, turns are for fast
      drivers ! :)

Secret

Congrats on the car and the remap, man ! Was nice meeting. Wishing you many more happy miles.

Good cars take you to Point A
      to point B; Great cars, Well
      they just lead you into
      trouble. I own one.

Secret

Congrats for Terrano AlokNanda!!

A few picures wont harm us

Is terrano so underpowered? I too took a testdrive of Duster 85 before finalizing on Tjet. Found it ok.

Happy MileMunching !

Ouroboros
      There is no place like

Secret

Congrats on the Terry AlokNanda.
      Every time I drove your car, that little refresh-bug keeps springing up. For a tall vehicle, the Terrano handles very well around the bends and soaks up potholes and road undulations graciously. It's almost perfect for a vehicle of its class! I could be wrong, but its fraternal-twin "Duster" didn't seem to handle this well, even though its not bad by any measure. I'm tending to believe that Nissan must have changed the suspension setting in Terrano or at least the newer ones comes with a better suspension.

It was nice to have you here at CODE6. Wishing you many happy miles with the Terry!
      CODE6.IN | DigitalVampire.com | XENG.net
      "If there is a god, atheism must seem to god as less of an insult than religion.” --Edmond de Goncour

status here.

Awesome

Both me and my camera are restless for a shoot of my car - hopefully soon!

On the lookout for more 4
      wheel victims.

Hungry

AlokNanda Congrats again on the new car!
      In pursuit of happiness, and happiness drives very fast.

Are we there yet? WHY! ...LTD

Awesome

Congrats on the Terrano and the tunes, you are sure get hooked . Wanted your opinion on Nissan's service is Bangalore and the dealer you would recommend.

Play the Lead!

Awesome

Hi AlokNanda, is your long drive with your terrano over?Share your experience about terry.

status here.

Awesome

Hi Shanr, experience has been good so far, thanks largely to the remap! FE is around 15 (driven mostly in city). First service was done last week so need to check the FE now.

Thread Information