• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linea TJet: pre-facelift or post-facelift

Yawn!

Awesome

Linea TJet: pre-facelift or post-facelift

Hello guys,

I was checking out the prices of the Linea TJet at the Fiat Caffe in Bangalore. The sales consultant gave me the following on-road prices for the Dynamic petrol variant-

Jan 2014 pre-facelift - 8.58L
      Oct 2014 post-facelift - 9.83L
      Jan 2015 post-facelift - 11.30L

I was told that the differences between the pre-facelift and post-facelift versions are the front grill and the dashboard. Is this true? I am guessing that facelifts do not include any non-cosmetic changes in a car.

I would also like to know if there are any disadvantages of buying a Jan 2014 Linea as opposed to a Jan 2015 model. Does it affect only the resale value of the car?

Cheers,
      Arun.
      Last edited by arunj; 31st Jan 2015 at 22:27.
      | Hero Honda Splendor 2000 | Royal Enfield Thunderbird 2002 | Maruti Suzuki Baleno 2000 | Fiat Linea 2014

Good cars take you to Point A
      to point B; Great cars, Well
      they just lead you into
      trouble. I own one.

Secret

arunj, if you go for pre facelift, you will save a whopping 3lacs good enough for an alto!

I don't see any problem in getting jan14 model, provided that you do a thorough pdi.
      Give special attention to tyres, battery, rust, if any. Resale value will obviously be affected. But if you are planning to keep it for 5+ years, it hardly matters.

Regarding differences, there is none. Plus opting for pre facelift will get you a timeless design.
      Hope this helps!

Yawn!

Awesome

Thanks abhi_tjet!

The problem with the pre-facelift that it is only available in white, though I can get it repainted with a colour of my choice for an additional 20k.

I remember reading a post on T-bhp on car colours that are the easiest to maintain and the ones that are the most difficult. Not able to find that, but I vaguely remember that white is a colour that not easy to maintain.

As for the PDI, which areas should I first check for rust? And how does one test for battery strength without using any equipment- is it even possible?

<added>
      Ignore that bit on colours. I found that post and it mentions white and silver as the easiest to maintain
      Last edited by arunj; 31st Jan 2015 at 23:45.
      | Hero Honda Splendor 2000 | Royal Enfield Thunderbird 2002 | Maruti Suzuki Baleno 2000 | Fiat Linea 2014

they just lead you into
      trouble. I own one.

Secret

arunj, if you want to change color of car only because it isn't easy to maintain, I won't advise that.

AFAIK, white is one of the easiest to maintain, primarily because dirt and swirl marks are not visible easily.
      Regarding battery I will suggest you to request them for a new battery without bothering about how good the old one is.
      I guess, I recently read In an other forum that a guy who is also buying a jan manufactured linea got a new battery from dealer.
      If getting the older one, I guess a voltmeter or a similar device is used to check the battery health. Prescribed range can be googled.
      For rust, check the joints , boot and bonnet joints, door hinges, a bit of under body, etc.

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
      For rust, check the joints , boot and bonnet joints, door hinges, a bit of under body, etc.
      Rust on brand new cars?

Global Moderator
      At wits end with Safari's
      auto-correct!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Indian View Post
      Rust on brand new cars?
      Once it leaves the factory, it sits in open yards exposed to the elements. Whole bunch of cars got submerged in Kerala in the last monsoon (I had event a picture up). It would get a wash just before delivery.
      A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
      It would get a wash just before delivery.
      LOL, do they sell flood damaged cars? Here they are pressed at the scrapyard.

~~Wandering Soul~~
      by the power of Grayskull

Secret

Also the cars do not see any movement , the tires also are bound to suffer. another problem are pests like rats that make their homes in the cars. as well as other insects. you never know what wires are chewed or where all pests have made a home, ac ducts carpets etc. if problems eventually creep up the money saved by buying a older model may be soon spent rectifying the problems.

and even after all this if you are still keen. get a zero dep policy to cover for any eventuality.

I am not sure how warranty is calculated for such cars. whether it is from the date of manufacture or date of delivery, it would be good to check that as well, including the extended warranty. ( as is you car is already a year old and even if you calculate depreciation at 10% per year the figures for the 2014 models price offered to you is not at a discount but at deprecated value.) just a diffrent way of looking at the proposition.
      私のドライブはホンダです

Yawn!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
      Also the cars do not see any movement , the tires also are bound to suffer. another problem are pests like rats that make their homes in the cars. as well as other insects. you never know what wires are chewed or where all pests have made a home, ac ducts carpets etc. if problems eventually creep up the money saved by buying a older model may be soon spent rectifying the problems.

and even after all this if you are still keen. get a zero dep policy to cover for any eventuality.

I am not sure how warranty is calculated for such cars. whether it is from the date of manufacture or date of delivery, it would be good to check that as well, including the extended warranty. ( as is you car is already a year old and even if you calculate depreciation at 10% per year the figures for the 2014 models price offered to you is not at a discount but at deprecated value.) just a diffrent way of looking at the proposition.

The warranty is calculated from the date of invoice, the sales consultant told me. There is no extended warranty per se, there is a flat 5 years or 150,000 kms warranty whichever comes first.

If the car is covered under a warranty, with zero-dep insurance or otherwise, wont the warranty cover any issues due to pestilence at the time of delivery itself?

they just lead you into
      trouble. I own one.

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by arunj View Post
      The warranty is calculated from the date of invoice, the sales consultant told me.
      Correct.
      Quote Originally Posted by arunj View Post
      There is no extended warranty per se, there is a flat 5 years or 150,000 kms warranty whichever comes first.
      Not correct.

fiat gives fixed 3 years/1lac warranty rest is extended one, which can be bought for some 7-8 k. Again very cheap as compared to other European cars.

Fiats are very good in honoring warranty. So no issues on that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information