• Secret
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swift to Skoda Rapid 1.5TDi Elegance with Black package

GEARHEAD
      Arise, awake and Stop not till
      the goal is reached

Awesome

Swift to Skoda Rapid 1.5TDi Elegance with Black package

After driving the swift for about 6.5 years and 90k kms I was looking for upgrading to a bigger car. Having used to the handling and ftd capabilities of Code6 remapped Swift DDis, I was in the market looking for a good powerful diesel car with good handling and a budget of around 8l to 9l. After doing a survey on the prices and TDing different cars I realised that there is no upgrade for swift within the given budget and was forced to extend the budget.

The first car which came to mind was Skoda Rapid as I fell in love with it from the day it was launched, however I test drove a few other vehicles before finalising on Rapid. The vehicles Test driven/considered were Honda Amaze Idtec, Honda City Idtec, Duster, Ford Ecosport, Ford Fiests TDCi, Verna & Skoda Rapid. The first cars to be TDed were the honda siblings, the Amaze and the City powered by the same IDtec engine is rev happy but the gearing is very bad for my liking, they peak out at 4500rpm in the lower gears (may be because of rpm limiter) and the max speed they can reach is about 65kmph in 3rd gear. Amaze is not a real upgrade to Swift in terms of space, power and features. Honda city is a good upgrade in terms of space, features, luxury and road presence but the engine and gear box was a major let down. Duster was ruled out as my brother has one. The next vehicle to be TDed was Rapid, we only got a very short drive when we visited the shorwoon as the TD vehicle was booked for some other customer and we were promised for a longer test drive in a couple of days, we left the showroom after collecting the price list and details of available cars. The next vehicle to be TDed and ruled out was Ford Ecosport, I really liked the exterior design and road presence of Ecosport but didnt like the lack of power, handling and the rear seat space (its a comfortable 4 seater, it will be very uncomfortable for a 3rd person in the second row). As promised we got the Rapid TD vehicle on the 2nd day and we went for a long test drive, I was happy with the power, handling & space and took a instant decision to go with this car and at the end of the TD handed over a cheque to the driver for blocking a car (had to take immediate decision to take advantage of the December offer). After about 2/3 days got a call from Ford saying that they would be coming with the Fiesta TD vehicle, I TDed the vehicle felt that the handling and power was very good it had some additional features and some features were missing as compared to Rapid, however the central console felt to be little over done and even the exterior design was not much to my liking (May be my blind love for Rapid made me feel like that).

We had opted for Rapid Ambition plus + Alloy option but got a shocker from the sales executive that they do not have stock of said cars in our prefered colour and he could get it only in the month of January at higher price (excise duty hike) and without December discount. He informed us that a Rapid Elegance with Black package in Cappucino Beige colour is available but it was way beyond our budget and asked him to check up and get back to us about the best discount he could offer on it. After some hard negotiations we finalised it for a good price. Did a quick PDI of the vehicle, We quickly arranged for funds & loans and paid up the total amount before December end. We informed the dealer that we will be picking up the vehicle on 15th January, the registration process was done on 13th and the vehicle was kept ready by 14th January. Visited the Tafe Access showroom in J.P.Nagar on my way back home and had a final look of the before taking dellivery the next day. The Sales executive Mr. Prasath was kind enough to come on a festival holiday and hand over the vehicle after completing the formalities.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150115_104031_636.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	547.5 KB 
ID:	200586

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150115_104036_494.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	530.9 KB 
ID:	200587
      Donate BLOOD Save Lives

"Omelette du
      fromage"

Awesome

Congrats venbab. Please share more pics of the beauty.
      Ford Figo TDCi ZXI May '12 | Hyundai Accent CRDi Nov '05 | Honda Unicorn Mar '10 | Hero Honda Passion Sept '02

Reboot
      Curiosity killed the cat;
      Insecurity killed the man

Hungry

Welcome to the club, venbab when is it undergoing code 6 operation ?
      RIP Penguin May 2013 - Dec 2015

Lone Ranger

Awesome

Congratulations venbab sir The car looks brilliant!! Wishing you happy miles ahead. As mentioned earlier we need more pictures in this thread.
      "We Ride therefore we are"- RTMC(Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club) Website:http://rtmc.info/site/
      |2006- Honda Unicorn - 50K - SOLD||2007- Maruti 800 AC 43K - Happy Motoring||2008- Suzuki Zeus -25K - SOLD||2010- Schwinn Sporterra - 7K-Go Green|
      |2009- Royal Enfield Thunderbird -85K- Happily Thumping|"Rabid dog club: Bite first bark later "

A well oiled machine

Awesome

Congrats venbab
      FiiO X7 Mark II - HELIX DSP PRO MK2 - TRU Billet v2 B41-S - MOREL Elate Ti 602 - MOREL Ultimo Ti 102

GEARHEAD
      Arise, awake and Stop not till
      the goal is reached

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by alexshom View Post
      Congrats venbab. Please share more pics of the beauty.
      Thank you Alex. More pictures will be shared here as and when they are captured.

Quote Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
      Welcome to the club, venbab when is it undergoing code 6 operation ?
      Thank you Praveen. Last heard that the scientists at #Code6 are researching on a Guinea pig how to inject the 1.5TDI a new venom

Quote Originally Posted by raama View Post
      Congratulations venbab sir The car looks brilliant!! Wishing you happy miles ahead. As mentioned earlier we need more pictures in this thread.
      Thank you Raama. More pictures will be shared here as and when they are captured.

Quote Originally Posted by keerthi View Post
      Congrats venbab
      Thank you Keerthi.
      Last edited by venbab; 2nd Feb 2015 at 16:13.
      Donate BLOOD Save Lives

Lone Ranger

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by venbab View Post
      More pictures will be shared here as and when they are captured.
      Time to take sometime and click the picture of a stock car saar. Wondering what have you named your car? One is Penguin here in GH..What will this be?

Also looks like what mods our penguin Mi10 did to his car has become a standard one for 2015 cars? I can see the projectors and the front grill changes.
      Last edited by raama; 2nd Feb 2015 at 15:50.
      "We Ride therefore we are"- RTMC(Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club) Website:http://rtmc.info/site/
      |2006- Honda Unicorn - 50K - SOLD||2007- Maruti 800 AC 43K - Happy Motoring||2008- Suzuki Zeus -25K - SOLD||2010- Schwinn Sporterra - 7K-Go Green|
      |2009- Royal Enfield Thunderbird -85K- Happily Thumping|"Rabid dog club: Bite first bark later "

Hungry for more POWER!!!

Hungry

Swift to Skoda Rapid 1.5TDi Elegance with Black package

Congrats venbab saar ! The car looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by raama View Post
      Also looks like what mods our penguin Mi10 did to his car has become a standard one for 2015 cars? I can see the projectors and the front grill changes.
      True that..
      Last edited by The Flash; 2nd Feb 2015 at 15:59.
      2005 Maruti Swfit
      2005 Skoda Octavia
      2008 Ford Fiesta Classic
      2013 Honda Dio - Pearl White
      2014 VW Polo 1.5 TDi - White Panther

"Try everything in life but don't get addicted to it"

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Congrats on your new car venbab sir ! Wish you more & more happy miles on the beast...

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

The best is yet to come

Hungry

Congrats Sir! Actually it is good that your initial preferred option was not available. This one looks way too damn good

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information