Voters
    5. You may not vote on this poll
    • Volkswagen Vento Highline TDI 2011

1 20.00%
    • Chevrolet Cruze LTZ MT 2009-2011

3 60.00%
    • Skoda Laura 2.0 TDI 2011 Ambiente

1 20.00%

Thread: Used Chevrolet Cruze 2009-2011 or VW Vento TDI Highline 2011 or Skoda Laura TDI 2011 ?

Ride or Die
      ♠♠♠

Hungry

Question Used Chevrolet Cruze 2009-2011 or VW Vento TDI Highline 2011 or Skoda Laura TDI 2011 ?

Hello Gearheads,

My name is Saral and I am from Delhi. I need some help and suggestions from current/previous Chevrolet Cruze owners. I am a car enthusiast and have recently sold me Maruti Suzuki Wagon R that I drove for 8 years. Right now I am planning to buy a pre-worshipped sedan with budget upto 5 Lacs. I was inclined towards finding a Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8 G 2008-2010 or Honda City iVtec 2009-2011 in good condition since both brands are known for their reliability and ASS.

I didn't keep cars like Civic and Accord into consideration due to poor FE. I used to be in love with Skoda Laura (which i still do, secretly though) but I am scared due to horror stories and higher maintenance cost/spare parts. I am not too sure about Volkswagen Vento TDI because it shares the similar DNA as Skoda and I do not know how is VW ASS & average ownership cost. I test drove the vehicle recently at a pre-used car dealership and I liked the way its built, drive quality and engine response.
      I came across a dealer who is selling a Chevy Cruze LTZ MT 2011 model in good cosmetic condition (Bumpers show some sign of damage), and the center console of the car shows display as if its been damaged due to water. Also the AC & Fans were not working. I still drove the car because I really like the vehicle and I fell in love. It drove well and everything else felt alright about the car. I checked the sunroof which was working alright. I am yet to get the suspension & timing belt checked by a mechanic or an authorized service station. The car has clocked 29k miles as per the odometer. Some friend shared with me that he recently spent 1.50 lacs on his 2009 Cruze LTZ (got timing belt, suspension and some other things changed), so it has made me think even though I am deeply lured into that car. The dealer said he will fix the center console & AC/Fan issue before he gives the car to me (If I buy it). He quoted 5.50 Lacs but is ready to sell at 5 Lacs. Was building pressure to give him token amount to seal the deal. I am in talks with other dealers too regarding used Chevy Cruze since I am in love with the car since I drove it.
      Chevrolet Cruze owners please suggest what all electronics, sensors, features & other things that I shall check if they are working or not before I make up my mind. This car is being sold for less than market value since a 2009-2010 Cruze is selling for an average price of 7-8 Lacs.

Your inputs will be highly appreciated.

Hungry

I'd suggest you to stay away from this Cruze. I feel there is something wrong with car since the dealer is offering much less than the average market price.
      2016 Polo GT TDI
      2015 Polo GT TSI
      2014 BMW 320 d sport line
      2013 Ford Figo 1.4 TDCI Titanium

Thread Information