• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Replacement Battery for Vista

Awesome

Replacement Battery for Vista

The battery in my Tata Vista Qjd seems to be up for replacement after doing duty for 3y10m / 17k kms. The original battery is Exide Freedom 55AH. Went to the Exide battery shop. He suggested Exide Mileage for Vista. Now this battery is 65AH. 55 AH is also available but costs Rs 500 more than 65AH. Vista manual says:
      Alternator: 12V, 110 Amperes
      Battery: 12V, 50 AH

My car usage is mainly for weekend roundabouts of 25-50 kms and about 4-5 kms on some days of the week. With mild music, no amplifiers, and sometimes 1 Amp phone charger for navigation unit. No other electrical accessories.

I have some questions:
      1. Is it advisable to use 65 AH battery instead of the 55AH battery? Will it overload
      2. Vista-Manza owners - Will this 65 AH battery fit the battery bay of Vista?

Any advise/recommendation?

#VISTA #MANZA sgiitk tadukuttan

Hondameister
      Formerly IITK

Awesome

speed79; No issues, as long as the size is the same. Have you checked out Amaron as well? I very much prefer the latter.
      Drive carefully, the life you save may be your own.
      Honda Civic V AT (2010), Honda Brio V AT 2012
      Hyundai Accent GLS, 2003; Hyundai Santro AT (2005)

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
      No issues, as long as the size is the same. Have you checked out Amaron as well? I very much prefer the latter.
      I need to check on the size. I have been a user of Exide for bike/Car/inverter batteries and those have performed well. My Alto car battery (Exide) has completed 7 years. Any specific reasons for Amaron? I *heard* that Amaron and Panasonic use thin metallic plates (electrodes?) in their batteries, and that causes these batteries to deteriorate faster/have smaller life.

Hondameister
      Formerly IITK

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
      Any specific reasons for Amaron? I *heard* that Amaron and Panasonic use thin metallic plates (electrodes?) in their batteries, and that causes these batteries to deteriorate faster/have smaller life.
      Our (myself and my son) experience is that Amaron tends to last longer.
      Drive carefully, the life you save may be your own.
      Honda Civic V AT (2010), Honda Brio V AT 2012
      Hyundai Accent GLS, 2003; Hyundai Santro AT (2005)

Resident Visitor
      You ask any ricer, any serious
      ricer. It doesn't matter if
      the other guy is racing or
      not. A win is a win

Awesome

In addition to size, also check the postion of the positive and negative leads. They tend to be different for different cars. For instance, when I tried to fit an indica battery in honda city, it didnt fit even though size is same.
      Jesus had a Honda.. John 12:49: 'For I did not speak of my own Accord'

2015 Maruti Alto K10 | 2012 Honda City | 2014 Mercedes Benz B180 CDI | 2008 Skoda Octavia

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by xander View Post
      In addition to size, also check the postion of the positive and negative leads
      Exide has both variants, Right layout and Left layout. Would take care to get the correct one for my car.

Hun 2die4

Awesome

Buy Amaron, they are the best. Compare prices at batterybhai.com and then decide. It saved me 1k straight. How?
      I saw the price in batterybhai.com went to Amaron dealer. He was over quoting. I took out dealer numbers from justdial and took the same battery at batterybhai.com price in 1k less. For a battery that costs 4.5k it is a good 30 percent discount. Also make sure that the battery you buy should not be more than 2 months old. Deal everything before going for the change.
      Why walk when you can run?

Awesome

Update: My existing battery, charged externally once and filled-up with acid/distilled water seems to be working fine, and is holding the charge well too. It might last for few months, and would find a new replacement at slightest hint of the problem. The pointers in this thread would be really useful while getting the new one.

vista tdi 2010

Awesome

go for Amaron

Awesome

Got the battery replaced last week, as the old battery had final given away. Got Exide Mileage 55AH. MRP Rs. 6799. Costed Rs. 5,400 after discount and exchange of old battery. The polarity (Left/Right) of battery was opposite to what comes as default for Vista, but both the terminal cables were long enough to reach the terminals in non-default configuration. So no issues there.Also, the belt which holds the battery was cut off, probably due to coming in touch with the acid when the local mechanic had reconditioned and recharged the previous battery in february. But the battery is secured to its base by the clamps, so this strap might not be needed.

Thread Information