• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Waxpol Auto Polish - The Forgotten Magic Wax

Do or Do Not. There is no Try.

Awesome

Waxpol Auto Polish - The Forgotten Magic Wax

Hi Everybody,

I won't go into the history of how and when I caught this detailing bug (read my earlier posts). This is my detailed review of Waxpol Auto Polish (Its actually wax but called polish) Orange Tin. The original caranauba wax formulation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150312_192127.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	203658

Sourcing

Getting the wax was a big headache initially as its not available easily online (makes sense too as there is not much profit due to low cost) the only sites where I found it online was Vicky.in (Waxpol Car Polish | Leather Polish | Rubbing Compund | Protectol) & Shoppersgreed.com (Waxpol car polish 100 gm - Buy Waxpol car polish 100 gm online at a best price with free shipping in India.). Vicky.in has a larger range of waxpol products. But still did not buy online due to higher cost (shipping was coming very high as compared to total order value) and I was not sure about the product and already has sufficient waxes, spent 5K on collinite 845 + 915. Tried to source it on local market but no luck, they had either the 2 in 1 wax or other products.

Then one day I decided to call waxpol people directly in Delhi, that was a great relief, they were very good, I talked to the sales manager directly and he gave me the no of nearest dealer. He even asked if the dealer was too far off for me, but the dealer was very close, only 15 mins away to send somebody and got (Auto Polish Wax (200gms) + Caranauba Wax (250 gms) + Protectol (200ml)) for approx Rs. 500 odd .

Costing

Rs. 187 for 200gms tin

Caranauba Wax costed Rs. 220 and balance for protectol (don't remember exact cost). So all in all its very cheap, even the carnauba wax costed me around the same gm to gm. In the market no wax is priced so cheap, even some MF are expensive than this.

Application

When I opened the tin I was like . The wax was very soft like semi melted butter, whereas in most of the posts and reviews I have heard that its very hard. See some of the pics found on the internet below

The wax I got was nothing like those, it was not at all hard and to keep it soft I have put aluminium foil below the lid when I close. See the wax quality I got. So either waxpol changed the formula (highly unlikely) or other pics are of old wax.

Name:	IMG_20150320_210426.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	203659

I applied the wax under full sun at around 10:30-11:00 on last Sunday and it was burning hot but this wax did not get sticky at all like what I had read on other posts and the only place it got a little (very little) sticky was on the sides which were not directly under the sun. It goes on easy (not as easy as collinite 845) but like any other paste wax. You have to do 50% overpass i.e. cover 50% of the earlier applied area when you move forward. You have to rub it in the paint but it has not abrasives. The best way is to dunk the whole applicator into the can (don't rotate or try to get the wax) just apply a little pressure overhead and it will get just enough wax what is needed. If you take the wax from the side of the application (as I had done initially) you will get too much wax and it will bake on the applicator and then will powder a little when you apply.

Apply it really thin, I am attaching pics for correct and incorrect application. In first pic its applied correctly so not hazing or powdery residue, in second pic its applied incorrectly (i.e. in more quantity) so some hazing is visible.

Name:	IMG_20150322_100017.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	203660

Name:	IMG_20150322_100021.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	203661

I applied this over surface treated with silicone glaze and the surface had no swirls so don't know if it fills those or not. When I applied it on my black lacquer table it did fill the scratches a little (not much) and give a good dark shine and increased the darkness a little. It did no darkening on the car may be as silicone glaze had already darkened it a bit. It gives a really good shine after buffing and beads like crazy.

The smell is very solvent high, so don't inhale for long (unless you have some other ideas).

I left this wax for 45mins - 1hour and it did not haze under the sun. I was like it should have dried, baked and left me some sticky surface to exercise and make body like this . But, it did not haze and I wiped it off pleasantly surprised. Buffing it off was also good, it will not leave any powdery residue or saturate the MF. It will leave some oily streaks after buffing when buffed with 320gsm x-static mf but when I used 500gsm Carpro BOA, I found no streaks of any sort, and in any case the streaks were gone after next wash / jopasu duster the next day.

Pics of Streaking (right side of bonnet (my right) is orange tin and left side carnauba (red tin) and you can see som oily streaks left behind)

Name:	IMG_20150322_115559.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	203662

Name:	IMG_20150322_115604.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	203663

Quick FAQ about it

Does it require Elbow Grease while buffing?

No, absolutely not. It was really a pleasure to apply and buff off. There was not stickiness when applied under the sun.

Can I apply it under the sun?

Yes, Infact apply is only under the sun, it keeps the oils / waxes active for longer period and causes no stickiness. I recommend to apply it only under the sun.

Does it leave powdery residue?

No, no powdery residue was noticed, even after letting it bake in full sun for 45 mins

Will it stain plastics?

Yes, as will any good caranauba paste wax. Don't apply it on plastics and rubber trim.

Does it streak?

It will leave little oily streaks if not buffed with good quality MF

How is the protection?

The car is very slick and water is beading like crazy 1 week after application. My car sits outside 24x7 and still the wax is holding very well.

Is it VFM?

Absolutely, I like the carauba wax even better than auto polish. But this is a really good VFM wax and for only Rs. 187 for 200gms you can't go wrong. Leaving the cost aside, purely on shine basis I find these waxes comparable to Collinite 845 & 915 and when price comes into picture its a no brainer. The carauba wax (red tin) gives 915 a good competition and IMHO is the best wax I have applied.

#detailing
      Last edited by coolash; 26th Mar 2015 at 13:31.
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25158-Sunday-Detailing-my-Honda-Amaze
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25582-The-Battle-of-Waxes

A well oiled machine

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by coolash View Post
      The carauba wax (red tin) gives 915 a good competition and IMHO is the best wax I have applied.
      Any idea about Waxpol durability? C915 is pretty strong for a carnauba.
      FiiO X7 Mark II - HELIX DSP PRO MK2 - TRU Billet v2 B41-S - MOREL Elate Ti 602 - MOREL Ultimo Ti 102

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by keerthi View Post
      Any idea about Waxpol durability? C915 is pretty strong for a carnauba.
      I had applied only 1 week back, so can't tell much about long term durability. But the car is beading like crazy everyday when I wash for last 1 week. My car sits outside and needs a daily wash (which I do rinseless) and after application of wax the dust is settling less on the car, jopasu duster has become more effective and I need to just spot clean the car. The red tin caranauba wax sheets much better than orange tin, both have good beading. I will keep updating about the long term protection. The amazing thing is a Rs. 200 wax is giving competition to Rs 3K wax. btw, you can read lots of stuff about its protection duration on other threads on forums.

My 915 coat did not last long, maybe it did not stick well to meg's sealant I had on the car when I got it detailed first time.
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment

~~Wandering Soul~~
      by the power of Grayskull

Secret

My 915 coat did not last long, maybe it did not stick well to meg's sealant I had on the car when I got it detailed first time.

Did you strip the car of earlier waxes before you applied Waxpol orange ?

Without which i am going to to take this review with a grain of salt. But yes i am intrigued by this and is on my long list of things to try. so this just brings it a little bit more up the list.

and again a video of the crazy beading ( not that it proves of the underlying protection) but i just like to see em videos.

Thanks in advance.
      私のドライブはホンダです

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
      Did you strip the car of earlier waxes before you applied Waxpol orange ?

Without which i am going to to take this review with a grain of salt. But yes i am intrigued by this and is on my long list of things to try. so this just brings it a little bit more up the list.
      I had not applied anything on the car for last 3 months other than washing, so there was really no protection and I was seeing some swirls and hologramming so decided to do waxing. There was no beading before applying these waxes so can safely say that not much was on the clear coat. Before application I did washing & Silicone glaze all over the car, which is little abrasive, so should have taken off anything left, but leave some protection of its own. But silicone is known for not letting anything adhere over it. So if these waxes give some long term protection, they prove their might IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
      and again a video of the crazy beading ( not that it proves of the underlying protection) but i just like to see em videos
      will do that also, with the foaming video, wait till the weekend.

Ps: thx for the prompt reply this time keep it up

Pps: I really love picking on you, can't help it
      Some of my Threads:

driveclean.in

Awesome

Pps: I really love picking on you, can't help it
      We all know that

Anyways, I am trying to make my own wax for the past one year(its ON and OFF tests ) went through lots of wax combinations and manuals. The very good one is "Sonic wax" progress in the internet.

I imported carnauba flakes, good quality bee wax, bought linseed oil, fragrance oils, etc...(a lot)

* If the wax give most slickness - then it has lots of lots of veg oils and very less carnauba
      * If the wax give warm look and good slickness - 30% of carnauba and bee wax + veg oils
      * If the wax give very good warm look and less slickness - 50% of carnauba and bee wax + veg oils

Keep your experiment on the roll and post the results.

A well oiled machine

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by baranjil View Post
      I am trying to make my own wax for the past one year
      Master baranjil we are still waiting for the 'Jil Jil' wax (Jil in tamil means cool or hot depending on the context it is used ). I recollect you did some beta testing. Post that no updates
      FiiO X7 Mark II - HELIX DSP PRO MK2 - TRU Billet v2 B41-S - MOREL Elate Ti 602 - MOREL Ultimo Ti 102

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by baranjil View Post
      Anyways, I am trying to make my own wax for the past one year(its ON and OFF tests ) went through lots of wax combinations and manuals. The very good one is "Sonic wax" progress in the internet.

I imported carnauba flakes, good quality bee wax, bought linseed oil, fragrance oils, etc...(a lot)

* If the wax give most slickness - then it has lots of lots of veg oils and very less carnauba
      * If the wax give warm look and good slickness - 30% of carnauba and bee wax + veg oils
      * If the wax give very good warm look and less slickness - 50% of carnauba and bee wax + veg oils

Keep your experiment on the roll and post the results.
      Looking forward to your wax my name suggestion would be "The Master Wax" and do post updates, sometimes that is what keeps us going.

Can you also tell me about hardness characteristics, the Orange Tin has very high petrochemical smell so I assume its high on VOC but many people in the past have tested its longetivity and found it good. The Red tin carnauba does not smell at all and is very hard, more like soap, does not leave any oily streaks, pic below.

Name:	IMG_20150312_192210.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	203668
      Some of my Threads:

http://i52.tinypic.com/4p
      MenTaL Powerrrrrrrrrr !!!

Hungry

baranjil Master, next time you're in this part of the city, Test out my Synth wax..
      SCROSS DDiS 220..
      Owner : Dream Audio

driveclean.in

Awesome

you also tell me about hardness characteristics
      Hardness is based on the how much you add the C-flakes and bee wax. Please note that I am not an expert in this. Still trying to get the right consistency.

Waxpol - The green one I tried long back on my pulsar. It was so hard to remove since I left it dried :-( So, from that incident I am staying away from waxpol

I love collinite 915 which has good C and the warm look on the black Volvo was super.

Baranjils beauties - Page 31

Marque D Collinite

Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh Sachdev View Post
      out my Synth wax..
      Enna athu? any brand? Please let me know
      Last edited by baranjil; 26th Mar 2015 at 19:48.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information