• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No.11 is home! FIAT Linea 1.3 Dynamic: Ownership Log

Wondering...

Hungry

Wink No.11 is home! FIAT Linea 1.3 Dynamic: Ownership Log

For those wondering what #11 is all about, well this is the 11th FIAT purchased in the family. The Linea comes in as a replacement of my beloved Palio MJD which is now sold. She now shares the garage along side my Select, SuperSelect, Padmini, Palio S10 and the 2011 Linea

I've been contemplating on replacing the Palio MJD since my highway drives were increasing and my confidence on the Palio brakes were also decreasing. To add to it, having two Palio's was also tempting me to move on

After much thought decided to sell it off, and a fellow FIAT'ian was glad to pick it up from me. With the satisfaction of handingover the Palio to a good home, my hunt for the new car began.

At first what seemed to be straight forward decision took many twists and finally ended up with the Linea MJD. My requirement was a diesel, but was very keen to get the Tjet for my dad and me taking his 2011 Linea MJD, but he didn't want a Petrol either and then I was considering either Punto 75 or 90.

Was almost decided on the Punto 90hp and that's when the tempting offers on 2014 stocks of Linea Dynamic was out. The price difference worked out to less than a Lakh (2015 Punto 90 vs 2014 Linea Dynamic) and so eventually zeroed in on the Linea dynamic.

The booking was done with RDC in Chennai and permanent registration is planned in my hometown Coimbatore. Entire process from booking to finance and delivery was hassle free. I had also decided to give the New Linea to my dad and take his car for my use in Chennai.

Took delivery on March 9, 2015.

That's how I saw her first

It was H56 during delivery

Initial impressions when compared to our 2011 Linea was the super silent cabin. The suspension too I felt to be more silent and comfy than the 2011 model.

The first re-fuel

Used the car in Chennai for 1 week and drove it to Coimbatore on March 14. It was a pretty slow drive as I wanted to be very gentle on its maiden highway drive. The nvh levels were reduced a lot when compared to 2011 model and so was the AC. The overall fit & finish and the quality too has improved. This was not just a mere cosmetic upgrade as I had thought. Remember, I had not done a test drive of new Linea nor have I extensively driven any other Linea. So all my comparisons are between my 2011 Linea and the new one

That's the FE from Chennai to Arcot

A tea break at Krishnagiri Aavin

This was the FE on reaching Mettur

Lunch stop at Anthiyur. Spotting Uno's in this region ain't no surprize. There are loads of well kept Uno's in this region.

The stock hu too needs a mention as it was hassle free. The 2011 one would really test your patience on playing from my flash drive. The output was much better than the old ones while the speakers remain as mediocre as ever.

Reached home and it was a special moment with the 2 Linea's parked side by side. Something similar to 2010 when the two dhamaka Palio's came home!

A quick visit to 3M Coimbatore for a wash & wax

I have swapped cars now with my dad and hope can do more justice to the remapped car with more highway runs.

Not much upgrades planned for the new car though! Maybe change of speakers and alloys might come up. Neither me nor dad are happy with the design of the alloys in the dynamic. But I do feel that these alloys will look good on a Palio. So high possibilities of swapping these alloys to my S10 in the near future

Special thanks to Muthu and Nagarajan of RDC for the hassle free buying experience! Both of them made me feel very special

Good cars take you to Point A
      to point B; Great cars, Well
      they just lead you into
      trouble. I own one.

Secret

Congratulations cvanandh! Good collection of beauties there

Life is too short to enjoy

Hungry

I thought there was a saying "A person buys Fiat only once in life",But you have brought 11 .Congratulations on new car.Drive safe and wishing niggle free ownership.

Wondering...

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by AMG Style View Post
      I thought there was a saying "A person buys Fiat only once in life",But you have brought 11 .Congratulations on new car.Drive safe and wishing niggle free ownership.
      thanks AMG Style. You can have a peek of the other's in below links:

https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?...l=1#post432340

https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?...l=1#post489152

Wondering...

Hungry

Had the New Linea in Chennai for a month and now it is back to Coimbatore with the odo a little over the 7k mark. Visited True Sai Salem on my way back to Coimbatore for the map update for the jerking issue. Some of the 'New' Linea's have an issue in 3rd gear where you experience a slight jerk (something like fuel supply block). I had this issue from day 1 and though it gradually reduced, decided to get the map update which fiat provided to resolve this issue.

Post this the issue has not happened and also felt the power delivery has also improved.

Trust me guys except for the remap, there is nothing I miss when compared to my old linea. The new linea wins comfortably in every aspect, the seats, suspension, throttle response (when compared to a stock car) are all ahead of the old linea.

I'd again insist, this is not just a mere facelift. Fiat has done a terrific job on improving even the aspects that was already great!
      1960 Select | 1962 Super Select | 1964 Amby | 2003 Palio S10 | 2015 Linea | 2017 JEEP Compass

busy driving.....

Awesome

I second that, my only feel is New linea looks smaller than old one.

Wondering...

Hungry

8692 on the Odo and got the tyres changed. Right from day 1 wasn't happy with the Good Year Duraplus and somehow was convincing myself to live with it, but the ever increasing tyre noise coupled with back to back punctures in a short time was enough to take the call to switch over.

Went in with Yoko earth 1 after the excellent experience with the same on my other Linea
      1960 Select | 1962 Super Select | 1964 Amby | 2003 Palio S10 | 2015 Linea | 2017 JEEP Compass

Wondering...

Hungry

It's a little over 9800 on the odo. Did CBE-Tiruchendur-CBE drive in the last week of Oct.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P_20151026_100413_1_p.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	194.8 KB 
ID:	213838

Name:	P_20151026_104652_1_p.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	213839

Name:	P_20151027_180428_p.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	154.3 KB 
ID:	213840

The overall trip log. Includes city driving inside Madurai and Palani too.

Name:	20151027_204913.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	677.8 KB 
ID:	213841

Learning each day

Awesome

cvanandh Congratulations on getting your 11th Fiat. Surely a good deal of just a 1 Lac difference between Linea dynamic and 90hp Punto Evo. Apart from you have mentioned I noticed the underbody coating is better on the Linea than on the Punto.

Maybe I didnt notice while I was checking the Linea, but these are a different design of alloys. Does the Linea Emotion has a different alloy design ( similar to the old linea but with slight difference in spoke design )?

Wondering...

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by kunwar.g View Post
      these are a different design of alloys. Does the Linea Emotion has a different alloy design ( similar to the old linea but with slight difference in spoke design )?
      Yes. Emotion has a diff design and its 16"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information