• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A date with the Ciaz (review and ownership experiences) - changing perceptions

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Ciaz

Quote Originally Posted by SGM View Post
      Not quite sure if I understood the Royal Enfield part.. Sorry I'm hardly a two wheeler guy, except when the car is in a garage with 2 wheels taken off

Hi SGM I am planning to buy Ciaz Zx+ in bangalore just waiting for S cross pricing to make the final call .During the test Drive with ZXi (15 "wheels) I felt the GC was low (170 mm ) and can scrap the belly on speed breakers of bangalore ....what been your experience during monsoon in kerala where roads in the outskirts can be bumpy ?

would appreciate your feed back

Thanks

Hastalavista
      Potential to GND

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by andyV View Post
      scrap the belly on speed breakers of bangalore
      in kerala where roads in the outskirts can be bumpy
      Please do not insult roads in rural Kerala by comparing them with the marvels of civil engineering in Bangy. You either have Himalayan speed breakers or you don't have a road in Bang-galore. That being said, I do see quite a lot of Ciaz cars that traverse the hump invested pocket-roads in and around HSR-Haralur-Kudlu-Sarjapur road areas. Leaving the rest to SGM
      What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

To go quick, you need to know
      when and how to go slow

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
      Please do not insult roads in rural Kerala by comparing them with the marvels of civil engineering in Bangy. You either have Himalayan speed breakers or you don't have a road in Bang-galore. That being said, I do see quite a lot of Ciaz cars that traverse the hump invested pocket-roads in and around HSR-Haralur-Kudlu-Sarjapur road areas. Leaving the rest to SGM
      I had used my Ciaz in Bangalore as well, and never had a problem with any of the speed breakers or rather spine breakers.. The car has ample ground clearance in my opinion even with 4/5 people on board.

Wish they launched the 1.6 L version, with slightly stiffer suspension.. It would have been a hoot to drive then...

Hi SGM I am planning to buy Ciaz Zx+ in bangalore just waiting for S cross pricing to make the final call .During the test Drive with ZXi (15 "wheels) I felt the GC was low (170 mm ) and can scrap the belly on speed breakers of bangalore ....what been your experience during monsoon in kerala where roads in the outskirts can be bumpy ?
      I would anyway prefer roads in Kerala to roads in Karnataka. While many of them are still narrow two lane roads, they are pretty decently surfaced. There could be some exceptions, but exceptions are not the norm
      Fuel in the veins....
      Polo GT TSI
      Fortuner AWD
      Ciaz ZDi
      Cruze AT,Swift ZDi - code6d,A-Star AT
      Baleno RedRoosetered,Hyundai i10 1.1
      Zen Estilo, Zen D, 800 MPFi

To go quick, you need to know
      when and how to go slow

Angry

Also, forgot to mention, the car has crossed 10k kms, and the FE (with my father driving it.. He is always able to eke out few more kpls than I do) on a mixed driving cycle, say 60% town and 40% highways has mostly been 22+ kmpl with the odd 21+ kmpl given. This is on a tankful to tankful method...
      Fuel in the veins....
      Polo GT TSI
      Fortuner AWD
      Ciaz ZDi
      Cruze AT,Swift ZDi - code6d,A-Star AT
      Baleno RedRoosetered,Hyundai i10 1.1
      Zen Estilo, Zen D, 800 MPFi

following a 'Linea'r
      progression

Secret

Nicely worded review SGM, but sadly not enough pictures.

Congratulations BTW.

Secret

would appreciate your feed back

Thanks
      Hi. The Ciaz ZXi is my daily ride. In my 3 months of ownership, i have scraped the underbelly once. That was with 5 passengers onboard and 80+ kgs of luggage in the trunk. I believe the ZX+ comes with bigger wheels so that should work well. I only wish that the suspension was a little stiffer. Hope this helps.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sisinthy View Post
      Hi. The Ciaz ZXi is my daily ride. In my 3 months of ownership, i have scraped the underbelly once. That was with 5 passengers onboard and 80+ kgs of luggage in the trunk. I believe the ZX+ comes with bigger wheels so that should work well. I only wish that the suspension was a little stiffer. Hope this helps.
      Hi Sisinthy , Thanks for your inputs with S cross pricing crossing over my budgets I am settling for Ciaz ZX+ not too happy with GC but have limited choice on that front for the price I can pay . My query wondering whether its worth 3 M under belly coating ?? did you do it ??

Thanks

Feeling Automotive Hungry....

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by SGM View Post
      jack of all trades and master of none
      This explains all... Thanks for the review.

Secret

Hi Sisinthy , Thanks for your inputs with S cross pricing crossing over my budgets I am settling for Ciaz ZX+ not too happy with GC but have limited choice on that front for the price I can pay . My query wondering whether its worth 3 M under belly coating ?? did you do it ??

Thanks
      The under chassis coating was part of the deal i worked out with the dealership. I did not have to go to a 3rd party.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information