• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MotoGP Argentina

It's not how fast you drive.
      It's how you drive fast.

Awesome

and to think that Casey Stoner had said this to Rossi at Jerez in 2011 after Rossi caused a crash...

"Your ambition outweighs your talent"

spam king
      past the speed of sound

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
      Put himself in a position where the other driver/rider would have to choose if he wants to take the risk. If he chickened out, then Senna knew he had him.
      that's what Martin Brundle had to say about Senna , I agree with you however, in both Senna's case and in the case of Rossi, they knew when they could push and were faster than the other person, their comfort level on the machine on the limit is what differentiates them as champions. Also, champions very rarely fall off, or are given to acts of bravado which result in them falling off or having an accident, especially when they know their machine has developed a problem, Marc's tires were simply worn, Rossi was a second a lap faster, an immense margin, there was simply no way he could have kept him behind for two whole laps on a circuit where overtaking points are plentiful, he should have understood that. Marquez maintains that he was trying to preserve the tires, while I find some sense in it, Rossi was all over him and would have found a way past in the next few corners. Harder tires while once start losing grip, just start wearing out faster as compared to medium tires, so I do find fault in his theory. At such a high level of racing, a few hundredths of a lap can be perhaps concealed by clever defensive racing lines, but there's no way to mask such a huge margin(which would have been 8 hundredths at the very least). Also yes, he may have eased off on the throttle on that corner to shut the door, however at the exit they were both fully on the throttle, Race direction would not tolerate intentional behavior, and I am sure they have access to the data. The action of the flip by Rossi and Marc being so close is what resulted in the Crash.
      There is a Difference in Knowing the Path and Walking the Path-Anonymous Takla with Pincenez

Resident Visitor
      You ask any ricer, any serious
      ricer. It doesn't matter if
      the other guy is racing or
      not. A win is a win

Awesome

Meanwhile in Moto3..

Jesus had a Honda.. John 12:49: 'For I did not speak of my own Accord'

2015 Maruti Alto K10 | 2012 Honda City | 2014 Mercedes Benz B180 CDI | 2008 Skoda Octavia

spam king
      past the speed of sound

Awesome

^, Reminds me of "Road Rash", he also pushed Ajo's engine kill switch, while hilarious, there is really no need for this kind of nonsense on such a stage. I think he is lucky he got away with point and grid place penalty.
      Last edited by blackhorn; 22nd Apr 2015 at 12:51.
      There is a Difference in Knowing the Path and Walking the Path-Anonymous Takla with Pincenez

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information