• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: News from Hyundai

@ Thiruvananthapuram
      Remapped

Awesome

News from Hyundai

India's second largest car maker Hyundai Motor India is soon likely to become the largest contributor in terms of sales to its parent company Hyundai Motor Corporation based in South Korea. As of now the Chinese subsidiary is the biggest contributor to Hyundai Motor Corporation.

Hyundai’s sales in China between January and September were 4 , 12 , 399 units while its Indian operations sold 4 , 05 , 689 units. The difference stands at just 6 , 710 units. “India contributes 15-17% to the total sales and revenues of HMC and the growing demand for small cars will help us increase our profits further in 2010 , ” said HW Park , MD & CEO , Hyundai Motor India.
      Don't drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly ...
      Ford Ecosport 1.0 Ecoboost (4000km, Golden, #Code6 #EvilSport tuned)
      Verna SX CRDI ABS (Sold)

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by [url=http://gearheads.in/post7731.html#p7731
      Silver Rocket » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:49 pm[/url]]India's second largest car maker Hyundai Motor India is soon likely to become the largest contributor in terms of sales to its parent company Hyundai Motor Corporation based in South Korea. As of now the Chinese subsidiary is the biggest contributor to Hyundai Motor Corporation.

Hyundai’s sales in China between January and September were 4 , 12 , 399 units while its Indian operations sold 4 , 05 , 689 units. The difference stands at just 6 , 710 units. “India contributes 15-17% to the total sales and revenues of HMC and the growing demand for small cars will help us increase our profits further in 2010 , ” said HW Park , MD & CEO , Hyundai Motor India.
      just the way maruti suzuki is the biggest contributor to suzuki corporation. Now with hyundai's engineering center up and running in hyderabad, the koreans' focus is more sharper.
      www.codereddy.wordpress.com

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

How does hyundai compare with suzuki on the sales front? I have a feeling that hyundai will soon overtake suzuki in years to come, they seem to be loosing their plot by launching so many hatchbacks...
      Booze, Smoke, Roll, Work, Chicken, Dream, Sleep, drive around

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

Free Car Checkup: All Hyundai Cars.

Thought this might help our GH Hyundai owners.

New Delhi, March 19, 2010: Hyundai Motor India Ltd., the country`s largest passenger car exporter and the second largest automobile manufacturer, in order to extend the advantage of its excellent services and free check-up to a larger number of customers, today launched its eighth nationwide Free Car Care Clinic.

Starting from 20th March till 29th March 2010, the Free Car Care Clinic will be conducted at 410 Hyundai dealer workshops across the country. The customers will also be able to avail this free check-up service at 30 Hyundai Authorised Service Centers (HASC) across India.

The Free Car Care Clinic will offer a comprehensive 80 point check-up and a thorough examination of the engine, transmission, electricals, under-body, AC, exterior etc. The privileged Hyundai customers can also avail free car top wash and special discounts on oil and consumables and other value added services. In addition to this, Hyundai is offering an attractive discount of 10 per cent on spare parts and selected accessories as well as a 20 per cent discount on labour charges and Extended Warranty.

To honour and reward the customers attending the camp, daily attractive gifts and exciting prizes are being offered during the entire period. These include 10 Free Extended Warranties for the entire duration of the camp which will be held for 10 days making it a total of 100 extended warranties. Prizes will be given in each of the 8 regions and the winner will receive a 32 inch LCD TV while the first runner up will get a branded wrist watch and the second runner up, a DVD player. In addition to this, one lucky customer will get a Bumper prize of a 32” LCD TV with DVD player.

Speaking on the launch of the campaign, Arvind Saxena, Director - Marketing and Sales, HMIL said, "At Hyundai, we value and cherish the bond that we share with our esteemed customers. It has become a stand out service initiative as we try to provide this value-added service to more and more customers. The response to previous camps has been very encouraging, and I’m sure that for the eighth camp, our patrons will continue to avail off this service, organized specially for them.

About HMIL

Hyundai Motor India Limited (HMIL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company, South Korea and is the second largest car manufacturer and the largest passenger car exporter from India. HMIL presently markets 54 variants of passenger cars across segments. The Santro in the B segment, the Getz Prime, i10 and the Premium hatchback i20 in the B+ segment, the Accent and the Verna in the C segment, the Sonata in the E segment and the Tucson in the SUV segment.

Hyundai Motor India, continuing its tradition of being the fastest growing passenger car manufacturer, registering total sales of 489,328 vehicles in the calendar year (CY) 2008, an increase of 49.6 percent over CY 2007. In the domestic market it clocked a growth of 22.4 percent as compared to 2007 with 245,397 units, while overseas sales grew by 92.5 percent, with exports of 243,931 units.

HMIL`s fully integrated state-of-the-art manufacturing plant near Chennai boasts of the most advanced production, quality and testing capabilities in the country. In continuation of its commitment to provide the Indian customer with global technology, HMIL commissioned its second plant in February 2008 which produces an additional 300,000 units per annum, raising HMIL`s total production capacity to 600,000 units per annum.

HMIL has invested to expand capacity in line with its positioning as HMC`s global export hub for compact cars. Apart from the expansion of production capacity, HMIL currently has 260 strong dealer network across India, which will be further bolstered in 2009.

In 2008, HMIL also successfully completed 10 glorious years of operations in India and to commemorate its achievements,initiated a unique trans-continental drive from Delhi to Paris in two of its hugely popular i10 Kappa cars. The drive created automobile history by completing a distance of 10,000km in just 17 days after which the i10s were showcased at the Paris Motor Show in October. In fact it was at the Paris Motor Show that HMIL first unveiled the Hyundai i20 and the car received a phenomenal response from the auto enthusiasts across the world. Hyundai Motor India also accomplished the landmark of producing the fastest 20th lakh cars in India in 2008.

Like 2008, the year 2007 had also been a significant year for Hyundai Motor India. It achieved a significant milestone by rolling out the fastest 400,000th export car. Hyundai exported to over 100 countries globally; even as it plans to continue its thrust in existing export markets, it is gearing up to step up its foray into new markets. 2007 also saw the launch of the i10 and yet another path-breaking record in its young journey by rolling out the fastest 1,500,000th car.

Hyundai`s new model i10 made a clean sweep of all the `Car of the Year 2008` awards from the leading automotive magazines and TV channels like BS Motoring, CNBC-TV18 AutoCar, NDTV Profit Car & Bike India and Overdrive magazine. The i10 was also the choice of the discerning automotive media of the country as they conferred the prestigious `Indian Car of the Year` (ICOTY) award to the i10 as well.

The Santro and the Accent also received the `TNS Voice of the Customer - 2008` award for the Premium Compact Car (Santro) and the Entry Mid size Car (Accent). In March 2008 it achieved yet another milestone by rolling out the fastest 500,000th export car.

In 2007, the Hyundai Verna had also bagged some of the most prestigious awards starting with the Overdrive magazine`s `Car of the Year 2007`, the `Best Mid-size Car of the Year` award from NDTV Profit Car & Bike India, the `Best Value for Money Car` from CNBC Autocar and `Performance Car of the Year` from Business Standard Motoring.

Hyundai cars have been a favorite at all awards ceremonies and has won many awards. The Sonata Embera won the `Executive Car of The Year 2006` award from Business Standard Motoring magazine and NDTV Profit Car & Bike India had declared the Tucson as the `SUV of The Year 2006`.

Not only this, HMIL has also been awarded the benchmark ISO 14001 certification for its sustainable environment management practices.

Corporate website: Hyundai Motor India

For further information contact:

VAnand
      Hyundai Motor India Ltd.
      email: anandv@hmil.net

Shekhar Das Chowdhury
      Hyundai Motor India Ltd.
      email: shekhar.dc@hmil.net

Aparna Srivastava
      IPAN
      email: aparna.srivastava@ipan.com
      Source :: Hyundai Motor India Launches 8th Nation ... are Clinic
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

Global Moderator

Awesome

guys,
      Did anyone attended these camps. KRRAJ what happened to your getz. Did you go for this.
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

Global Moderator

Awesome

Hyundai Not To Launch i10 Diesel

A news which might come as a shock to many, Hyundai India has canceled the launch of the i10 in India. The main reason for this is undoubtedly the cost factor, which in the case of the i10 seems to be too high for the company to price it competitively. However there is some hope of the next-generation i10 to boast a oil burner as the Korean automaker plans to localise the engine from the start of production. The next-gen Hyundai i10 will go live in 2013 and will also feature the current Kappa motor.

Global Moderator

Awesome

2011 Hyundai Verna

The 2011 Verna features four-door coupe styling, sweptback headlights, a swoopy grille, and LED turn signals embedded into the rear-view mirrors. Engine options include a 1.4 16V VVT and a 1.6 16V DVVT. There’s also a 1.4-liter engine producing 95 hp and 125 nm, and a 1.6-liter engine producing 122 hp and 155 Nm.Debuts in India in the second half of 2011.

Global Moderator

Awesome

Hyundai i10 diesel only to come by 2013

The i10 has been a superhit for Hyundai in India. A diesel variant of the car would have just been an icing on the cake for Hyundai. A 1.1-litre CRDI unit was expected to be launched in the i10.

But now Autocar India reports that Hyundai has shelved plans to launch the diesel i10 as it was turning out to be too expensive as the engine is not locally manufactured. Hyundai would have to price the car in the range of 6 lakh rupees which would not have made any sense as the diesel i20 starts in that range & it is doing pretty well. Is it likely that the next generation i10 that would come out in 2013 having a diesel engine that will be locally manufactured in India to keep costs down

Global Moderator

Awesome

2011 Hyundai Verna – Scheduled for a mid-2011 local debut?

Hyundai surprised everyone with the unveiling of the all new Verna at the Beijing Motor Show a short while back. The car is built on a brand new platform and looks like a mini Sonata YF. It has sweptback headlamps, a large grille, a sloping roofline that gives it a coupe like silhouette and rather sharp looking tail lamps. On the inside too, the car gets a fresh look, with the steering wheel borrowed from the i20 and a beige dashboard. The car displayed at the show was not very well equipped as it was a China specific model but markets like India would get more goodies.

Engine options include a 1.4 litre gamma petrol that punches out 106BHP of power, a 1.6-litre gamma petrol that pumps a 121 horses & also the same 1.5 litre 110BHP diesel that we currently have on the Indian Verna. The car is expected to have good driving dynamics & comfortable interiors too. The car has a wheelbase of 2570mm. Earlier Hyundai India was expected to bring the Verna ‘Transform,’ and going by instincts, the company should launch the facelifted model during the festive season this year.

The new Verna goes on sale in China in July & is expected to hit the Indian market sometime in the middle of 2011, the same time we expect the Hyundai small car also to roll out. With the new Vento from VW & the next-gen Aveo from GM also expected to come next year the fight in the midsize sedans segment is sure to get intense!

Global Moderator

Awesome

Hyundai Explores Newer Markets

Hyundai Motors India Limited is India’s largest exporter of small cars from India. the company exported large shipments of small cars from India during the Scrappage Scheme launched by various European governments. After the scheme has been recalled, there has been considerable fall in exports figures.

Hyundai is now looking at newer markets to boost exports growth. It is striving hard to maintain the export figures of 270,000 units from the last calendar year. Hyundai i20 has been extremely successful in various European markets when governments promoted swapping of bigger, inefficient and high-emission vehicles with smaller and more fuel efficient cars. Although Hyundai exports its cars to nearly 110 countries, more than 50 percent of its sales come from European Union. Now it is planning to boost its sales in other countries to keep up its export momentum.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information