• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Innova 2015 - A short review

In Bhai we Trust

Hungry

Innova 2015 - A short review

Had a chance to drive around a new 2K kms run Innova 2015. Thought ill pen down my views .

I did not take any pictures during the drive hence bear with me.

Looks:

As always looks are subjective and please take my view with a pinch of salt. This is probably the worst looking front end an muv can have. The grill while impressed my dad, totally felt crap and misplaced . I prefer the older look.

Comfort:

I was drving an innova with the two-two-three config, not sure if its standard with this model, however i loved the middle row. There is so much space and its probably the best seat to sit back and relax. The rear 3 seater is arguably a two seater. The third person may get some extra space in the gap between the two middle seats but the other two would be cramped for space. But as a two seater, the third row was not bad at all.

The arm rest for the driver is placed in an awkward location and with my seating position (a bit laid back) it was useless. Under thigh support was ok and nothing much to talk about.

Features:

I was driving the top end model with ABS and Airbags with steering mount controls with a two-din integrated music player and reverse camera. No sensors, just the camera.
      Apart from these, there is nothing much interesting to talk about. No auto wipers, no cruise control and no auto head lamps.
      I was extremely disappointed with the stock music system and speakers. This is probably the worst top end model in this price range when it comes to features and gizmos.

Engine:

First the good stuff. There is nil turbo lag and low-end is extremely good. I have driven the older BS3 innova as well and compared to that the low end has definitely improved. Cruising in the highway in 100-120 is effortless. And that's about it. Mid range and top end is screwed. Takes its own sweet time to reach 140 and its at 4K RPM in this speed leaving no scope for any more. Compared to the older version, i think they have screwed up something big time to make it BS4 compatible , thereby making it slower than the older Innova.
      Gives a mileage between 10-12 Kmpl.

Handling:

Bouncy in highspeeds(>120) and smooth under 100. In bad roads the suspension does soak up most of the bumps but only under 40. The side skirts scrapes in unscientific speed breakers with full load. The least i expected from an MUV. Braking is very good and confidence inspiring. Can maintain constant 100-120 in most of our highways without overlapping into other lanes during corners.

That's pretty much about it. A good car for someone to be chauffered around. Not meant for doing speeds and def not an enthusiasts drive. At best a good people mover.

I personally do not see it worth the price mainly because of lack of power and features for the money we pay. After a 700 kms trip spread over two days, all of us who traveled felt a lot of fatigue compared to our usual drive.
      Toyota brand and reliability is probably the only thing that makes it sell. The older version of Innova will be a much better buy when compared to this.

free from the clutches of the
      city!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by WildWeasel View Post
      Had a chance to drive around a new 2K kms run Innova 2015. Thought ill pen down my views ..
      how do you compare the braking, say when compared to the fiesta classic?

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Nice short review WildWeasel. And good to see you back Innova is a Innova. Its a people mover & is meant to be chaffuered. Its doing properly what its aimed at with Toyota's reliability. But absolutely crap for its pricing. I believe you've driven the 'V' trim (with airbags & inbuilt music system) & it costs bloody 18L on road if I'm not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by WildWeasel View Post
      After a 700 kms trip spread over two days, all of us who traveled felt a lot of fatigue compared to our usual drive.
      And this, I'm suprised to hear ! May be because of your driving

Quote Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
      how do you compare the braking
      Wrong question to a person who never uses brakes

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

In Bhai we Trust

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
      how do you compare the braking, say when compared to the fiesta classic?
      Well, wrong comparison however it is 10 times better than the fiesta considering this has ABS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      I believe you've driven the 'V' trim (with airbags & inbuilt music system) & it costs bloody 18L on road if I'm not wrong.
      That is correct. Its overpriced and i can find no reason to justify the price.

Thread Information