• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ford Figo Aspire Launched - Prices @ Rs. 4.89 Lakh

2016 FORD FIGO 1.5D 2017 AMEO
      1.5D

Awesome

I booked Figo Base 1.5 on September(20k booking payment) and am left waiting till now. When i was reading the sales analysis report i was shocked to find that Swift/Dezire are selling 6 times more than the figo/aspire. But I'm left waiting and the dealer says i will be waiting for a month atleast to get one. I understand the marging crunch but they are already charging 22k for "preferred" insurance and another 6.5k as handling charges without a word of protest from my side. ( ex showroom is 5.41lac and the on road price is 6.36 lac). Can any one suggest me a way to get my car any sooner?
      I'm opting for base because after 9 years in my indica zeta I'm perfectly OK with AC/PS alone and feel ripped at spending thousands on electronic gadgetry. Even if my budget is higher I would opt for a base Rapid or a base innova, black bumbper and all, such is my taste. Further im having a toddler who needs to be held in mother's hands and the mother needs to sit in front seat. These conditions make a passenger airbag outright dangerous. Beyond all that, slow speed(80kph) is the most effective safety option, above which one puts someone's life at stake, if not ones own.
      One whimsical request to all going to ford show rooms. If anyone catches a glimpse of New Ford Fogo BASE, please take a snap and upload. I need one to show to folks at home.

Sedate...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by commuter View Post
      but they are already charging 22k for "preferred" insurance and another 6.5k as handling charges without a word of protest from my side.
      You can always get the insurance from outside(not from dealer/showroom).
      Handling charges are there for every manufacturer dealer/showroom. You can try to negotiate & waive off the same but mostly will end up in vein.

Can any one suggest me a way to get my car any sooner?
      Check with your Dealer/Showroom what's the status of booking. If you are assigned a VIN, you can check with Ford India directly.

I'm opting for base because after 9 years in my indica zeta I'm perfectly OK with AC/PS alone and feel ripped at spending thousands on electronic gadgetry.
      Further im having a toddler who needs to be held in mother's hands and the mother needs to sit in front seat. These conditions make a passenger airbag outright dangerous.
      We don't know when safety features will come handy. ABS is one thing which is handy day in day out. ABS might save you out of a crash.
      If safety is the utmost importance & you feel Airbags are dangerous to them, I would prefer mother & toddler to be seated in rear seat, properly buckled up rather than mother sitting in front seat having the toddler in hand.

Beyond all that, slow speed(80kph) is the most effective safety option, above which one puts someone's life at stake, if not ones own.
      How you concluded that 80 Km/hr is a slow/safe speed to do which will save you & others even in case of a crash? Do you know at what speeds organizations like Global NCAP conduct crash tests? It is at 56 Km/hr & 64 Km/hr. Do watch out some videos for the impact & damage at those speeds. Apart from that there are lot of other factors which contribute to the damage during a crash.

I would always prefer a car with ABS & minimum 2 Airbags. More safety features/additions are always welcome.
      2010 Ford Figo TDCi Titanium - CODE 6 Tuned - Our Colorado Queen :-)
      2012 Skoda Laura Ambiente 2.0 TDI DSG - Our Czech Princess :-)
      "Taking your seat is so easy. Leaving it, however, never is." :-) - Courtesy BMW 3 Series

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information