• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ciaz hybrid (start-stop)!?

Hastalavista
      Potential to GND

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpitfire View Post
      Agree, but does that make the CIAZ a Hybrid?
      IMHO, it is not. But I'd put it in a grey area between conventional vehicles and hybrids - mild hybrid. MSIL is probably using this to their advantage, as the definition of a hybrid according to govt regulations may not mandate the use of a second power source to power the vehicle entirely, and perhaps they classify vehicles with some form of energy recovery also as hybrids.
      Also the torque generated by that motor is good enough? Do we have any actual numbers to look at?
      Sorry, not at the moment.
      Quote Originally Posted by TheSpitfire View Post
      But this might go OT.
      Have reported our posts to be moved to a separate thread. I guess these posts are more valuable than a discussion on the budget, in this forum
      What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

On the lookout for more 4
      wheel victims.

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
      During start-stop, the ISG works as a motor to provide additional torque - consider it as a parallel power source for the flywheel, in addition to the 1.3L engine.
      So this does not work when you are accelerating?
      In pursuit of happiness, and happiness drives very fast.

Hastalavista
      Potential to GND

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
      So this does not work when you are accelerating?
      Yes, it does. Quoting from the link:
      Efficient generation through increasing the generation efficiency and utilizing the deceleration energy. With the combined motor function, it enables restart of the engine and assist of the engine with a motor during acceleration.
      What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

Speed!!!!

Awesome

Would i buy it? No
      Why? Because its a Maruthi product above 7 lakhs & doesn't worth paying. & Its a wanna be hybrid with a start stop functionality.
      |Skoda Rapid Elegance TDI |--| Ford FIGO 1.4 TDCI TITANIUM| Yamaha R-15 |

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by tijokjoy View Post
      Because its a Maruthi product above 7 lakhs
      Don't take it personally, but that is the most ridiculous reason not to buy a Maruti Suzuki car. Every company evolves overtime, one who does not evolve and improve overtime is decimated. But there are lot of people with closed mind with prejudice set in their mind. If Maruti had not evolved, we would be running around in M800. If Tata would not have evolved, we would have only Tata trucks, and the iconic Safari would have been nowhere. Same applies for Mahindra as well, as we would only have Mahindra tractors and Jeeps, and not successful and much better products like XUV. But nothing can be done of those with closed mind. Good that we have some people who want to give the ones evolving and improving companies an opportunity to prove themselves.
      --------------------------------------------
      2002 Hero Honda CBZ
      2004 Maruti Alto Lx
      2011 Tata Indica Vista Aqua
      2015 Tata Safari Storme Vx 4x4

Speed!!!!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
      Don't take it personally, but that is the most ridiculous reason not to buy a Maruti Suzuki car. Every company evolves overtime, one who does not evolve and improve overtime is decimated. But there are lot of people with closed mind with prejudice set in their mind. If Maruti had not evolved, we would be running around in M800. If Tata would not have evolved, we would have only Tata trucks, and the iconic Safari would have been nowhere. Same applies for Mahindra as well, as we would only have Mahindra tractors and Jeeps, and not successful and much better products like XUV. But nothing can be done of those with closed mind. Good that we have some people who want to give the ones evolving and improving companies an opportunity to prove themselves.
      No offence taken Its a personal view.
      I believe in brand perception too. Yes they may have evolved but they have to earn trust & position the brand. DO you know why they brought Nexa? same reason.

For example TATA as you have said its a car brand now have moved to new heights in terms of quality & Design but the TATA badge is pulling them back.
      Imagine TATA aria was Toyota Aria, I believe it should have been a great hit.
      Yes i know TATA is a giant in automotive world with so prestigious brands in its kitty but after all the brand perception has to grow.
      Thats my point.
      |Skoda Rapid Elegance TDI |--| Ford FIGO 1.4 TDCI TITANIUM| Yamaha R-15 |

Reboot
      Curiosity killed the cat;
      Insecurity killed the man

Hungry

I believe in brand perception too. Yes they may have evolved but they have to earn trust & position the brand. DO you know why they brought Nexa? same reason.
      That's Brand Positioning. Brand Perception is what is conceived at customer end and is likely to vary from customer to customer (Very Subjective)

I have encountered people who just avoid Skoda and VW not because they don't have money but they perceive those brands as unreliable. This obviously may or may not be in accord with you or me! Why ? It is because the experiences they have come across have made them perceive these brands as being unreliable.
      Similarly, i have seen people blindly buying Toyota Corolla 1.4 D - which in objective comparison, loses in almost every aspect to its competition (Elantra, Cruze, Jetta, Octy, Fluence). The reason they state is peace of mind / Reliability! But will you buy an Corolla, when you can afford a Jetta, i don't think so. You perhaps wont even think on these lines! This is Brand Perception!

All Indigenous manufacturers need to punch above their bag to complete with accomplished rivals from Germany or Japan! Obviously they have perfected the right way of building a car - right from design to components, to driving experience and everything else, which understandably will take time for local guys to catch up there.
      I would certainly credit XUV, Strome and Brezza for sticking their neck out and fighting head on with the competition. All these three are iconic in their own regard for the respective manufacturers (Of course, Brezza is yet to prove its mettle, but i am guessing it should do really good)

- - - Updated - - -

That's Brand Positioning. Brand Perception is what is conceived at customer end and is likely to vary from customer to customer (Very Subjective)

I have encountered people who just avoid Skoda and VW not because they don't have money but they perceive those brands as unreliable. This obviously may or may not be in accord with you or me! Why ? It is because the experiences they have come across have made them perceive these brands as being unreliable.
      Similarly, i have seen people blindly buying Toyota Corolla 1.4 D - which in objective comparison, loses in almost every aspect to its competition (Elantra, Cruze, Jetta, Octy, Fluence). The reason they state is peace of mind / Reliability! But will you buy an Corolla, when you can afford a Jetta, i don't think so. You perhaps wont even think on these lines! This is Brand Perception!

All Indigenous manufacturers need to punch above their bag to complete with accomplished rivals from Germany or Japan! Obviously they have perfected the right way of building a car - right from design to components, to driving experience and everything else, which understandably will take time for local guys to catch up there.
      I would certainly credit XUV, Strome and Brezza for sticking their neck out and fighting head on with the competition. All these three are iconic in their own regard for the respective manufacturers (Of course, Brezza is yet to prove its mettle, but i am guessing it should do really good)
      RIP Penguin May 2013 - Dec 2015

The Real Deal

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
      IMHO, it is not. But I'd put it in a grey area between conventional vehicles and hybrids - mild hybrid.
      I still believe its not a hybrid, not even a mild one. This is what wikipedia says about hybrids:
      A hybrid vehicle uses two or more distinct types of power, such as internal combustion engine+electric motor,[1] e.g. in diesel-electric trains using diesel engines and electricity from overhead lines, and submarines that use diesels when surfaced and batteries when submerged.
      And I tend to agree with that.

I don't drive fast, I drive
      YOUNG.

Awesome

i read somewhere that in delhi ciaz gets some FAME subsidy & also that delhi govt didnt put restriction on ciaz during odd even scheme. if govt not considering ciaz as hybrid then why these exemption on ciaz?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information