• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: August 2015 car sales

Enjoying Bangalore rain and
      weather

Awesome

August 2015 car sales

Car sales in the country grew moderately in August with major auto makers such as Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors witnessing increase in despatches, while Hyundai posted its best ever monthly sales with new models making significant contributions.

However, Honda Cars India and Mahindra & Mahindra reported decline in sales last month reflecting "fragmented recovery" that the auto industry is witnessing.

Market leader Maruti Suzuki India said its domestic sales increased by 8.6 per cent during the month to 1,06,781 units, as against 98,304 units in August 2014.

Sales of mini segment cars, including, Alto and WagonR, increased by 8.6 per cent to 37,665 units as compared to 34,686 units in the year-ago month, MSI said in a statement.

The company's newly launched premium crossover vehicle S-Cross clocked sales of over 4,500 units during the month.

Rival Hyundai Motor India saw its highest ever monthly domestic sales at 40,505 units last month as compared to 33,750 units in August 2014, up 20.01 per cent, while the Creta has done about 7,400 units

Tata Motors' sales of passenger cars in August were higher by 19 per cent at 9,814 units, as compared to 8,229 units in same period of last year. Its domestic passenger vehicles sales rose 2 per cent at 11,194 units as against 10,975 units in the same month of previous year.

Honda Cars India reported 6.58 per cent decline in its domestic sales at 15,655 units in August, despite the launch of its new Jazz in July. It sold 15,655 units in this month as against 16,758 units in the corresponding month last year. Jazz, in a month from its launch, has reached almost the same sales as its long standing Honda City. While City sold 5,405 units in August, Jazz was close on its heels with 5,404 units sold. Honda's hatchback Brio sold only 622 units, whereas the compact sedan Amaze sold 3,260 units.

Utility vehicle major Mahindra & Mahindra saw its domestic sales decline 3.10 per cent to 32,122 units last month as against 33,150 units in the same month last year.

Ford India August domestic sales stood at 8,331 units, up 22.49 per cent, compared to 6,801 units in the same month last year, driven by robust sales of recently launched compact sedan Figo Aspire. While exports were 13,189 vehicles compared to 7,291 units in August 2014.

Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) reported 1.29 per cent increase in its August sales at 12,547 units as compared to 12,386 units in the same period of last year. Toyota Camry sold 687 units from January to August, 2015 and currently with the existing pending orders, the total sale of Camry in 2015 sums up to exceed the total sales of Camry in 2014. Camry Hybrid constitutes more than 80 percent of this sale. This indicates the wide acceptance of hybrid technology in the Indian market.

Volkswagen sold 4,191 units in August, up 4.59 per cent, as compared to 4,007 units sold in the corresponding month of the previous year.Refreshed Polo and Vento are doing the job well every year. Jetta continues to keep the sales running too. Volkswagen has plans to make India specific cars and bring compact SUV’s in the market to increase its share.

TOP 10 CARS OF AUGUST 2015

Top 10 selling passenger cars in August 2015: Newly launched Ford Figo Aspire debuts in the list | ET Auto

Ford India's newly launched Figo Aspire marked its debut in the top 10 selling passenger cars list for the month of August 2015, according to industry data accessed by ETAuto. The compact sedan, launched on August 12, secured the tenth position after selling

This is for the first time the American automaker entered the list of top 10 selling passenger cars.

Honda Jazz, which entered the list on July 2015, this time, moved down ninth slot, from previous eighth in July 2015. In August, the hatchback sold 5,404 units.

On the other hand, Honda City, after selling one unit more than jazz, got positioned itself at eighth slot.
      The first four ranks continue to have Maruti Suzuki India's Alto, Dzire, Swift and WagonR, respectively. However, Dzire and Swift have witnessed negative sales of 2 percent and 5 percent, respectively in August 2015 when compared with same month last year.

South Korean automotive manufacturer Hyundai Motor India's Grand i10 experienced 54 percent jump in its sales in August 2015. The hatchback sold 10,255 units in August 2015 and moved two slots up to fifth position.

Hyundai Elite i20, after selling 8,521 units and witnessing an increase of 29 percent in sales in August 2015, when compared with corresponding month previous year, moved up to sixth position

Dzire Vdi 2010
      Matiz SD 2000
      TVS Streak 2009
      Kawasaki 4S 1995

"Success is like your own shadow, if u try to catch then u will never succeed, ignore it and walk in your own way....it will follow u.."

~~Wandering Soul~~
      by the power of Grayskull

Secret

The first 4 spots still retained by Maruti.

Amaze gets booted out and the jazz i have yet to still see them on the road,

Cretas's i have seen plenty the S-cross i have not even seen a single one on the road. ( any figures on these both ?)

Reference to Mumbai
      私のドライブはホンダです

Do or Do Not. There is no Try.

Awesome

The Grand i10 figures look quite interesting, any reason for such a big jump.
      Some of my Threads:
      https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?24908-My-WOWA-Waterless-Wash-amp-Wax-Experiment
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25158-Sunday-Detailing-my-Honda-Amaze
      http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?25582-The-Battle-of-Waxes

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
      Cretas's i have seen plenty the S-cross i have not even seen a single one on the road. ( any figures on these both ?)
      I have seen Creta and S-cross in almost equal numbers on Bangalore roads. I don't know why, but Creta has already lost its charm and seems boring/overdone to me, while S-Cross looks mature and elegant. At the first sight, I was impressed by Creta's exteriors, and S-Cross looked ordinary, but things have reversed, atleast for me, after seeing more of the two cars on road. The paint quality of Creta does not look very good in real world, and rear is badly designed.

Awesome

Management Punditz

See how the OEM's fared in Aug'15:

Name:  pv-aug-15.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  75.0 KB

Indian Auto Industry experienced a single digit growth in Aug'15. The industry has been in turmoil since a long time and Aug'15 was not encouraging as usual. Once again, the new launches came to the rescue and helped the so called 'performing OEM's' to gain/sustain volumes. Indian Consumers yet again proved their fascination towards new entrants and the volumes of Creta, Jazz, Aspire, S-cross delighted their respective manufacturers.
      The effect of decrease in fuel prices was not to be seen and overall consumer sentiments were neutral. Though Kerala proved to be the biggest market for all OEMs (due to Onam); other markets had a dull momentum.

Brand-wise Sales Data:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	222.0 KB 
ID:	211028

August 2015 Sales Figures - Pan India

- Alto regains the numero uno slot and posts a sales of 23,017 units. Dzire hits the sweet second spot with 18,718 numbers. Swift and Wagon R occupy the third and fourth spot religiously!
      - Bolero is now far off the number 5 slot and poses serious questions on its years long dominance in the ranking. Surprisingly its not even in the Top 10 (ranked 13th to be precise). Hyundai's i20 (Elite+Active) makes into the Top 5 and occupies a well deserving 5th place! While its cousin Grand i10 comes 6th. And Creta evolves as the highest selling SUV of the month with 7437 units. With all cylinders firing, Hyundai makes grows a stellar 20% over last year!
      - Jazz's comeback was the most crucial element for Honda's success this year. And the Japanese carmaker seems to hit the right nodes with the re-born hatchback. While Honda struggles with its usual production woes from its Tapukara facility, it was successful in dispatching 5404 Jazz & 5405 City in Aug'15. Both City and Jazz make into the Top 10 cars with the said numbers! However Brio, Amaze & Mobilio see tremendous decline and account to degrowth for overall Honda's volumes.
      - Mahindra has put all its energy now on TUV 300 and the effect was evident in Aug'15 data. Bolero could manage a petty 4804 units and Scorpio a dismal 3455 nos. It is also struggling to keep afloat the non-performers (say Quanto, Rexton, Verito, Vibe & Xylo). All eyes now on TUV 300 - will the new baby help India's biggest SUV maker regain the 3rd position?
      - Duster is unable to breathe! Scores below 1200 units consecutively for the second month and raises serious doubt on its ability to sustain volumes in coming months. Renault now wants to move towards Kwid for gaining back the numbers. Has dependency on one-product costed the French Automaker dearly?
      - Happy to see the Nano sales pepping up - The AMT effect! However, Zest struggling at 2000 units is not fair to the brand considering its potential. We eagerly wait for the Hexa to be launched as well.
      - VW manages to post growth again in Aug'15. Renewed focus on its existing portfolio has worked well with the OEM and again a refreshed Polo is launched to maintain buzz for the brand.
      Premium Car Sales Data:

Luxury Car Sales Data
      Top Luxury OEMs:

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  133.1 KB

Awesome

Just to see how Creta and S-Cross have effected sales of which other SUVs and wannabe SUVs.

Name:  suv_a.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  16.7 KB

Scorpio, XUV and EcoSport seem to be almost unaffected.
      Duster and Terrano seem to have lost the most to Creta (and S-Cross)
      I wonder what is the cause of lower sales of Safari + Storme in month of August.
      Last edited by speed79; 11th Sep 2015 at 11:17.

Thread Information