• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Orange Cheetah!!! - Mahindra XUV 500 W10 AWD

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

technically, it will be lugging only when you floor the pedal at low RPM as you suggested, but in my view, XUV is a 2 ton+ beast- Even if you don't floor it, doing 60 in 6th gear is just cruel. What RPM you get? 1100? Thats hardly above Idle. Same issue with 40 at 4th. I believe anti knock sensors are coming in at this position hence you don't actually feel that engine is struggling.

In my experience of many cars, Most diesels, I still call it lugging. So I keep RPM above 1800 as when possible.
      BTW I do not mind open discussions. So don't hesitate to ask or debate more. Thats the purpose of forum.

To go quick, you need to know
      when and how to go slow

Angry

Need a help from the experts here on a problem that has been there from the beginning and for which the service centres have not been able to get me a permanent solution.

I am facing the following problems / symptoms below:

1. At speeds above ~110/120, the steering wheel at time sways between left & right (say by 4 - 5 degrees), when hand is taken off the wheel. If you hold the steering wheel tightly, the swaying does not occur
      2. This does not happen always, unlike a wheel balancing issue
      3. The swaying/vibration is higher when the suspension is not loaded and lower when it is loaded
      4. Another observation is that, based on the camber of the road, the steering wheel would turn 4 - 5 degrees and car moves to that side. This again is not an alignment issue, as the steering wheel itself turns to the direction of the camber slightly

Following is what has been done so far:

1. Tyres have already been changed by me
      2. Everytime complaint has been raised service centre performs balancing and gives the vehicle back; but with no resolution to the issue
      3. This time, the car is at the service centre, and they claim to have retorqued the suspension, checked the steering play, rack & Pinion play, etc. and they say they haven't seen any issues

Any thoughts / suggestions.
      Fuel in the veins....
      Polo GT TSI
      Fortuner AWD
      Ciaz ZDi
      Cruze AT,Swift ZDi - code6d,A-Star AT
      Baleno RedRoosetered,Hyundai i10 1.1
      Zen Estilo, Zen D, 800 MPFi

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

1. My car was perfect for 65k Kms before Nashik service center Messed the alignment or front suspension and it now pulls just like you said, But Mine slowly goes only in one direction. I guess you need a better expert to align XUV front.
      2. If you re gunning the pedal at those speeds in shorter gears, I believe it could be torque steer.
      3. XUV needs 4 people to work well. Noticed many times. Otherwise rear suspension has a kickback.
      4. Now I have to hold the steering slightly off center (2 degs) to drive in a straight line.

To go quick, you need to know
      when and how to go slow

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      1. My car was perfect for 65k Kms before Nashik service center Messed the alignment or front suspension and it now pulls just like you said, But Mine slowly goes only in one direction. I guess you need a better expert to align XUV front.
      2. If you re gunning the pedal at those speeds in shorter gears, I believe it could be torque steer.
      3. XUV needs 4 people to work well. Noticed many times. Otherwise rear suspension has a kickback.
      4. Now I have to hold the steering slightly off center (2 degs) to drive in a straight line.
      Mine doesn't look like alignment issue as it tracks in a straight line in a flat surface... The swaying of the steering wheel happens only when there is a camber at low speeds.

Alignment has been checked and is fine (at multiple competent places) and the steering wheel is centered.

On the torque steer, this is not during any hard acceleration. It comes up even during coasting. Also, the torque steer issue of the FWD is more or less inexistent in the AWD.
      Fuel in the veins....
      Polo GT TSI
      Fortuner AWD
      Ciaz ZDi
      Cruze AT,Swift ZDi - code6d,A-Star AT
      Baleno RedRoosetered,Hyundai i10 1.1
      Zen Estilo, Zen D, 800 MPFi

love my country and love my
      vehicles

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      So I keep RPM above 1800 as when possible.
      Ditto...as and when possible!!...same here..but at times its just impossible to to lower the gear as speed is little high and traffic doesn't allow you to move ahead, so I guess what you are saying and I am saying is the same!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information