• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: My New Tata Safari Storme Vx 4x4 Astern Black

Majingilane

Awesome

Try BR hills. Slow drive, make some food parked next to the river bed, click lots of pics, do a few trails, eat at small places, visit old temples. The forest itself is nice and beautiful. Spend the whole day and get back.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Sweaty Summer Days

Secret

Last weekend I drove to Dhondenling Monastery at Odeyarapalya, it was very nice, simple and peaceful, people are very friendly, cheerful and helpful. They are facing water shortage though.

You can combine this with BR hills suggested by megazoid. They are in the close vicinity on the map. You can even drive till Dimbam Ghat or sattamangalam, experience hair pin bends and return if you wish

"why travel, when you can explore"

You can use this famous tagline as a theme for your drives with kids.

In search of POWER

Hungry

Good suggestion Nomad. Do they have Tibetan style restaurants there as well?
      2012 Cruze Eco 1.4Turbo ... Commuter Car

No Commerce, Just Fun
      Sweaty Summer Days

Secret

There is one tibetian restaurant within Tibetian settlement, but it has very limited options and mostly serves food during specific timings only.

Nearest decent South Indian or Indian restaurant is at Kollegal.

Awesome

Yesterday, while going to airport to drop my MIL, all the controls of in-built audio system of Storme stopped working. Thankfully volume was at very low level, so atleast can listen to songs on USB drive. All the audio related controls on steering wheel are gone. Also, none of the button/knobs of the Head Unit is working. No volume control, no next/last, no source change. Looks like some connector has gotten loose or something.

Today i am flying to Himachal for 11 days. Would need to take it to ASS on coming back. I shudder at idea of the dashboard being opened up by the ASS.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

I dont think you need to open the Dash. If its Standard DIN style install, only audio system will be pulled out.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      I dont think you need to open the Dash. If its Standard DIN style install, only audio system will be pulled out.
      I was away from Bangalore for 11 days. The car had shut down the complete system, so when i switched on the car, the music system was off. It has never been in off-state anytime earlier. First i thought that now i cannot even listen to USB songs as i can't select my USB source etc. It kept on displaying current time. Earlier only power on-off control was working, so i switched it on, and all the controls have been working now. Was it a software glitch, which got cleared by real shut down? or was it a loose connection of the controller? I think it is former.

Coming to my trip, i went to Amritsar, Dharamshala and Dalhousie for 11 days. Amritsar was flight arrival/departure port. In Amritsar went to Golden Temple. We had hired a cab (Etios, with driver) for 9 days for Rs. 22,500. It picked us up from Amritsar Hotel, took us to Dharamshala, Dharamshala to Dalhousie, Dalhousie to Amritsar drop, and also included local sight seeing in Dharamshala and Dalhousie. Hiring the cab was a good decision as we did not have to wait for taxi every time we needed to go out. Dharamshala was mainly temple run. We could not track to Triund in Dharamsala as my daughter fell ill. Dalhousie was beautiful and cold. We also could find left over snow (not fresh one) here and there. In Dalhousie we did track to Dainkund Peak from where one can have 360 degree view from Amritsar, Pakistan border on one side to mighty Himalayas on the other side, including Mount Kailash on India-China border or in China.

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
      9 days for Rs. 22,500
      Great deal. I believe even a self driven car from Zoomcar would have costed the same. Keep number handy - any person travelling that zone in future can use his services again.

How many days each place? Went to Wagah Bordger? Golden temple is an amazing place.

Dainkund Peak from where one can have 360 degree view from Amritsar, Pakistan border on one side to mighty Himalayas on the other side, including Mount Kailash on India-China border or in China
      Do you really get such good visibilty to see 100km away? (This just reminded me that I need to buy a good binoculors)

I think it is former.
      I think it to be the same.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      How many days each place?.
      1 night Amritsar, 4 nights Dharamshala, 4 nights Dalsousie, 1 night Amritsar.

Went to Wagah Bordger?
      We had planned to go to Wagah border on way back from Dalhousie to Amritsar. But my daughter was not well so we skipped Wagah border and directly went to our hotel.

Great deal. I believe even a self driven car from Zoomcar would have costed the same.
      Yes, Zoom car would have costed almost the same. From another operator also (from Dalhousie) the cost was same. The toll charges, parking charges, driver bhatta everything was included in the package. No extra penny over 22,500. The car/driver was from Dharamshala, and he knew every nooks,corners and streets of Dharamshala and Dalhousie like anything. We would have wasted lot of time in searching for places on one way streets.

Do you really get such good visibilty to see 100km away? (This just reminded me that I need to buy a good binoculors)
      I remember that while in Japan, we used to have visibilty of thousands of kilometers (according to Yahoo Weather). The driver said that one needs to go there at 6-7 AM in morning to see mount kailash as the mist will now have lifted off the ground by that time, and one can see for as far as possible. Rest i don't know. We did go there around 2 PM.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

I think it is former.
      Yes seems So.
      I have made a haibt when it comes to Electronics in Cars. Follow this sequence-
      1. Engine on>HID ON>Music on> Any accessory on>AC ON
      2.AC OFF> Accessory off>Music off>HID OFF> Engine off.

This sequence ensures you do not send voltage fluctutions into electronics when cranking the engine. Also AC compressor should'nt be engaged till RPMS stabilize (5~10 sec). The sequence is very helpful for gadget loaded Vehicles like XUV, as cranking engine with Music/info on will reset it with a loud pop. Probably causing long term harm (Capacitors may get hit). Also Cranking with any HID system ON will fry the ballast.
      The driver said that one needs to go there at 6-7 AM in morning to see mount kailash as the mist will now have lifted off the ground by that time, and one can see for as far as possible. Rest i don't know. We did go there around 2 PM.
      In ladakh the skies are blue like kids cartoons. You can see milky way at night. In cities we only see grey skies.
      Everything due to high amounts of Pollution.
      i went to Amritsar, Dharamshala and Dalhousie for 11 days.
      Thats a cool trip. Post pics too!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread Information