• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: RITZ VDI BCM Failed under warranty - but dealer is not sure about claiming the warranty since after market fitting of music system

'11 Ritz VDI

Awesome

RITZ VDI BCM Failed under warranty - but dealer is not sure about claiming the warranty since after market fitting of music system

Hi,

Since yesterday, the power to music system, cabin light, seat belt warning and key reminder alarm stopped working. And giving it to service said that BCM failed and it has to be replaced, I have extended warranty (it would just expire in 8 days!). I've asked the dealer to replace it under warranty and he said he is not sure of getting the warranty since I've fit an after market music system. Since I've fit the music system long back (almost 4 years back), really don't know if the technician cut any wires are not... but I believe he did not cut any wires, let me hope for the best!

Does anyone have similar experience in claiming the warranty?

Kind Regards,
      Abbas

On the lookout for more 4
      wheel victims.

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by abbazs View Post
      Since yesterday, the power to music system, cabin light, seat belt warning and key reminder alarm stopped working. And giving it to service said that BCM failed and it has to be replaced, I have extended warranty (it would just expire in 8 days!). I've asked the dealer to replace it under warranty and he said he is not sure of getting the warranty since I've fit an after market music system. Since I've fit the music system long back (almost 4 years back), really don't know if the technician cut any wires are not... but I believe he did not cut any wires, let me hope for the best!
      You should get the warranty replacement. See no reason for them to deny warranty, unless the wiring has been messed up, or water went in etc.

Also, what is the price for the BCM?
      In pursuit of happiness, and happiness drives very fast.

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
      Also, what is the price for the BCM?
      What is a BCM?

Keep Calm and Drive Lancer

Awesome

Indian

BCM should be Body Control Module. Used to manage electronic accessories in the vehicle.
      Although this is the first time I am hearing that it failed.

On the lookout for more 4
      wheel victims.

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Aman Bungay View Post
      BCM should be Body Control Module. Used to manage electronic accessories in the vehicle.
      Yes, that is what it is. Controls Doors locks, lights, trunk locks etc. And they fail a lot. For eg, on the Cruze, it is so common for the BCM to fail with the common symptom of the boot not opening...
      In pursuit of happiness, and happiness drives very fast.

'11 Ritz VDI

Awesome

I did a quick search and found this link in team-bhp http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3783662, after going through the post I was clear that is not a BCM failure. So went to the service center again and asked the service advisor to unplug every fuse and check, initially he refused to do so, claiming that they have already done it. I then spoke to the maruti regional service manager (his number is available in every authorized service center) and with his guidance, the service advisor was now ready to do it again, and this time just like magic it was indeed a blown fuse and they replaced it, it started working!

Thread Information