• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paid service of Mahindra Quanto - Driven just 5000 kms in 2.3 yrs

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Ist service of Mahindra Quanto

Hi friends

I had bought Mahindra Quanto 3 months back and till now I have driven nearly 1100 kms which is not much in the above time frame. Now my service is due on 05th Dec, 2013 and hence I would like to know the following:

1. From which service centre should I get the service done in Delhi either from where I have bought or the nearby my home.

2. As the kms is not done much, does my vehicle oil needs to be changed & what type of oil is used by Mahindra and can we purchase it from market for getting the service done by them...

3. Currently my mileage comes to around 10 kms on full AC running. How can we increase it...

4. What care should be taken during the 1st service ...

Regards

Forget and forgive. Live and
      let live. Learn and learn to

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rohitshakti View Post
      1. From which service centre should I get the service done in Delhi either from where I have bought or the nearby my home.
      Whichever you are comfortable with. It's just the first service.

As the kms is not done much, does my vehicle oil needs to be changed & what type of oil is used by Mahindra and can we purchase it from market for getting the service done by them...
      Yes. Oil used by Mahindra is maximile feo, which is 15w40 grade (don't know the API/SAE specs). No need to procure other oil from aftermarket. It's of no use.

Currently my mileage comes to around 10 kms on full AC running. How can we increase it...
      Don't run on A/c . Kidding.. Wait till you reach 5k kms, for the engine to open up. Fuel saving tips for other cars also apply to this one

What care should be taken during the 1st service ...
      Oil and oil filter change. Clean the air filter if need be.

Thanks,
      Simple_car

Awesome

I wonder why do you say that oil should not be purchased from open market as there is a difference of nearly 25% in the normal market price and procured from the service centre.

Awesome

there is a difference of nearly 25% in the normal market price and procured from the service centre.
      Really? I would be happy to know which oil are you speaking of. At least over here, the oils which I am used to are a little more expensive than what the service center provides with. Also, the service centers usually procure oils in barrels which makes the price a lot less than open market. Unless you know the distributor personally.. then it is a different thing altogether.

No. The main reason for not going ahead with outside oil is for you to stick to the 10k kms interval, and more importantly, stay under warranty. If you were to browse the manual carefully, then you'll see that Mahindra asks you to change the oil at 6k kms interval if you were to pour outside oil. So on the whole you are not really saving much, plus you risk losing your warranty. It is better to stick to company oils atleast till the car in under warranty. After that, you are free to do whatever you like

Thanks,
      Simple_car

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
      Really? I would be happy to know which oil are you speaking of. At least over here, the oils which I am used to are a little more expensive than what the service center provides with. Also, the service centers usually procure oils in barrels which makes the price a lot less than open market. Unless you know the distributor personally.. then it is a different thing altogether.

No. The main reason for not going ahead with outside oil is for you to stick to the 10k kms interval, and more importantly, stay under warranty. If you were to browse the manual carefully, then you'll see that Mahindra asks you to change the oil at 6k kms interval if you were to pour outside oil. So on the whole you are not really saving much, plus you risk losing your warranty. It is better to stick to company oils atleast till the car in under warranty. After that, you are free to do whatever you like
      Thanks for the reply. I was not aware that the warranty would become void if I buy oil from market.

Actually I had serviced my wife's scooter 'Pleasure' many a times in last few years and found that the market price of same brand (hero honda) oil is avlb. for Rs.170 ltr whereas the same oil was sold by the service centre for Rs.215 + service tax of 12.5%. So I was thinking the same way for the mahindra car...

Awesome

I am here just to share the experience of my 1st service of Quanto.

My car had driven only 1627 kms and hence I told the service centre not to change the engine oil. Other than that, they used the engine oil flusher and use lubricants for greasing the parts. They charged me Rs.425 for flusher (FS107) and Rs.360/- for lubrication.

After the service, I did'nt find any noticeable difference in the car.

Awesome

hence I told the service centre not to change the engine oil
      May we know the reason for this?
      Mahindra recommends changing the oil in first service, and as such it is recommended to change engine oil of a new engine in 1500kms. Also, don't try and save money on engine oil, which is more important than the flush and lubrication (which is just a hogwash anyways) you got done from service center.

Will advise you to change the oil if you can. Rest is upto you, since the company can technically deny you warranty if you do not get the recommended services done as per manual.

Thanks,
      Simple_car

Driving a Code 6 remapped
      Fiesta Classic

Awesome

My car had driven only 1627 kms and hence I told the service centre not to change the engine oil
      A new engine during the initial run in, will have metal dust or particles, getting collected in engine oil.

That is why OEMs recommend, to change it so early, with less 1500 kms run.

If you want to safeguard the engine from roughness and increase engine life, you should change the oil.

Awesome

Not to change was recommended to me by a friend who is working in maruti. As per him the car should run at least 3000 for changing oil.

Awesome

As per him the car should run at least 3000 for changing oil.
      Oil changes are either as per duration or number of kms which the car runs. In your case, since your car has run less, it is better to change the oil. Just service the car as per Mahindra's manual, till the warranty period; post which you can service it as you please. Your friend will also agree on this. It works the same way with Maruti as well.

Thanks,
      Simple_car

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information