• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Elite i20 - Wolverine

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by mahapatra.prabhanjan View Post
      HASS but the oil is supplied by me.
      lucky you !!! if HASS is agreeing to use the oil you provide , why dont you switch to synthetic and have a 10k km cycle . will save you an extra trip to HASS right ?

CRDi 1.4 6 Speed

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by riyaz_cobra View Post
      lucky you !!! if HASS is agreeing to use the oil you provide , why dont you switch to synthetic and have a 10k km cycle . will save you an extra trip to HASS right ?
      Don't have much option in synthetic. Also I don't want to deviate from default spec 15W40 API-CH4. Also I don't trip every time to HASS. I get the oil changed in Shell outlet.
      Second thing I prefer mineral to change every 5k Kms rather than having 10k change interval. So that car will get new oil more frequently.

CRDi 1.4 6 Speed

Awesome

Hi Friends,

After a break of around 15 days. Wolverine is again getting ready for a long drive to Sambalpur, Odisha on 12th March 2016.

Will be driving by the following route -

Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Raipur - Sambalpur.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Route - 12-03-2016.PNG 
Views:	30 
Size:	471.9 KB 
ID:	217436

Total distance 1643 Kms.

Will be posting my tlog once I am back from home.

Prabhanjan

CRDi 1.4 6 Speed

Awesome

Hello All,

During my recent drive home Bangalore - Sambalpur, Wolverine completed a journey of 30K KMs (in the return journey).
      More about the trip -

So, now the time for a service, 30K Kms servicing of Wolverine.
      While on the return journey itself, I had booked for a service slot on 26th March 2016 at 8:30 AM with Advaith Hyundai Outer Ring Road Bangalore. And as usual I was in the service center by 7:45 AM. As it was 30K servicing I was expecting a lengthy process for the service to complete since most of the fluids have to be changed. But I preferred to be there in service center and watch the car serviced.
      When the service adviser saw me, he blushed, said good morning and asked is it for servicing or is there any issue.
      And before I uttered something he told "I think you have got it serviced by January end, does it has completed 10K Kms ?", I told yes it has covered almost 10900 Kms. He was kind of
      Then he picked up a fresh job card started mentioning all the details.

One of the point was Engine decarbonization, and I promptly refused for it since I don't feel any loss in the vehicle performance, no sluggishness, no pain in pulling power. Also as a counter measure I use 3M diesel additive every 10K KMs, planned to use it every 5K Kms now onwards.

Engine oil I was carrying with me and obviously "Shell Rimula R4" and other fluids have to be sourced from service center itself like Coolant, Brake fluid, distilled water along with other items.

As usual I asked Adveesh (SA), I will be watching my car getting serviced except while washing. And he told no issues you can .

Here are the few pics of the items used -

Name:	IMG_20160326_094442.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	217990

Name:	IMG_20160326_100156.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	217991

Name:	IMG_20160326_102039.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	142.7 KB 
ID:	217992

Name:	IMG_20160326_102548.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	134.0 KB 
ID:	217993

Also, Wolverine's AVN got the software upgrade, since I complained about incorrect time getting displayed occasionally.

Name:	IMG_20160326_112749.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	3.39 MB 
ID:	217994

Now Wolverine is ready again to roar and conquer the new paths ..

Prabhanjan
      Last edited by mahapatra.prabhanjan; 30th Mar 2016 at 10:34.

CRDi 1.4 6 Speed

Awesome

Yesterday Wolverine took us safely from Isckon Temple at Kanakpura road.
      While coming back in a blind turn 1 thin Pilar kind of thing was lying in mid of road as a divider. And since I was unable to judge Wolverine ran over it although at a very low speed but the underbody cover was teared apart.
      Now at service center to get it checked for any other serious injury and get the cover replaced.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

CRDi 1.4 6 Speed

Awesome

Unhappy First ever blow to Wolverine

On Saturday, Wolverine got the first ever blow of its life.
      Yes, the first ever under body hit after being driven for around 33120 Kms.

How it happened?
      I had been to Vai****ha hill (ISKCON Temple Bangalore Kanakpura Road) and there they have partitioned a single road with a temporary divider kind of thing. That divider is made of very narrow slab kind of thing that is of very low in height so not so easily visible. More over the placement of the divider is immediately you take the turn on that "blind turn", that means you won't even get time to react because there is no space left between vehicle and divider.
      And Wolverine ran over it tearing the engine guard, bending the AC pipe, front supporter, damaging right lower arm, tearing and damaging many more fiber components. The best part is the bumper got damaged in a fashion that no body can figure out that any mishap has happened. And this all happened with a speed of 24 Km/hr, I am wondering what would be the consequences if the speed have been more.

But thank to Lord Krishna, Wolverine was still drive-able, we drove back home. But I was kind of not feeling sleepy so woke up in the morning and ran to service center. After a long waiting period (since Sunday) my vehicle got inspected. And I came to know what all were damaged.
      I was informed that altogether with labor charges repair cost will come around Rs 26000.
      So I thought to take benefit of bumper to bumper insurance and filed a insurance claim.

Now waiting for the insurance processing and Wolverine getting treated. Hope everything will be settled soon fingers crossed

Prabhanjan

revvinggg hard...

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by mahapatra.prabhanjan View Post
      And Wolverine ran over it tearing the engine guard, bending the AC pipe, front supporter, damaging right lower arm, tearing and damaging many more fiber components. The best part is the bumper got damaged in a fashion that no body can figure out that any mishap has happened. And this all happened with a speed of 24 Km/hr, I am wondering what would be the consequences if the speed have been more.
      According to me, damage is not to great extend because of low speed. Your zerp dep insurance should save your dent to pocket. Was any engine component took a hit? Because I guess there is no under body protection in the front. In addition, you need to check the suspension, front axle and steering components even after repair for any vibrations and rattling.
      Was there any leakage(engine oil/transmission oil)? Was there any warning light shown on MID cluster?

CRDi 1.4 6 Speed

Awesome

Hi All,

Got the OWS 960 Windshield Washer for WOLVERINE. Hope it will do the job well.

Will be back with the feedback soon.

Name:	IMG_20160513_181839.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	219238

Prabhanjan

CRDi 1.4 6 Speed

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by abalasub View Post
      According to me, damage is not to great extend because of low speed. Your zerp dep insurance should save your dent to pocket. Was any engine component took a hit? Because I guess there is no under body protection in the front. In addition, you need to check the suspension, front axle and steering components even after repair for any vibrations and rattling.
      Was there any leakage(engine oil/transmission oil)? Was there any warning light shown on MID cluster?
      Sorry for the delayed reply, (Actually I missed the message ) Only the AC connector pipe took the hit, underbody fiber cover was teared. Apart from that no other engine component took hit. After repair luckily there is no vibrations or rattlings. No leakage of engine oil or transmission oil. No no warning lights were shown on MID cluster.

CRDi 1.4 6 Speed

Awesome

Hello Friends,

I have one of the tire which is not having at least 1.66 mm of tread. So I have swapped the spare wheel's tire with the alloy wheel's tire.
      But now I wanted to get a new one for the spare.

Options available
      1. Apollo Alnac 4G (Rs 6300)
      2. Bridgestone B250
      3. Goodyear Assurance
      4. Continental Contact MC5 (Rs 7300)
      5. Others (Falken etc.)

Can you please suggest which one to go for?

Please help!!!

Prabhanjan

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information