• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tata Tiago

Hun 2die4

Awesome

Tata Tiago

Was searching through the threads and couldn't find a dedicated Tiago thread.. So here I am posting a new thread on the Tiago.

It is and was a much awaited car and Tata has delivered on most of the aspects.

I test drove the petrol version a few days ago and here are my observations:

Pros- Cost, looks, interiors, build quality, must be fuel efficient too, boot space, Rev happy second gear, nice driving dynamics and suspension set up.
      Cons-
      The petrol engine lacks the torque big time. On slightly elevated roads you need to shift to First gear all the time.
      The ingress for a 5'10" was quite Beat'ish. I mean it suffers from the same ingress problem what I encountered on the Beat.

I was there to test drive the diesel variant, but was disappointed. There is only a single diesel car on test drive for all of Concorde showrooms across Hyderabad.

The reviews of the diesel reveals a very noisy engine, wanted to feel it in person, but couldnt.

For the petrol variant, my opinion is that it is an excellent vehicle for city drives. Would be just too good for the female drivers in the house. They wont get this ride quality and overall package in this price.

The Hyderabad price list is attached.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160424_162459.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	218583  

The Terminator

Awesome

I heard that engines have been retuned by Tata Motors now. Checked out the car recently. Did not drive. Build quality and audio system is leagues of ahead of anything in the price bracket.
      Rabid Dog Club - Bite First, Bark Later.

Will it be easy ? NOPE. Is it
      worth it ? YUP.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by muztariq View Post
      Attached Thumbnails
      Does that On-Road price for XM add optional stuff (Airbag, Height adjustable seats, fullfabric seat upholstery etc) too ?

Not on GH anymore!

Secret

Tata receives 15,000 bookings for Tiago

Tata Tiago, the latest car from the homegrown manufacturer, may have ticked all the right boxes for the small car buyers. This is reflecting in the 15,000 booking numbers that the company has received since its launch. Along with this, Tata dealerships across the nation have received 1,00,000 inquiries for the car. Such response is sure to boost the manufacturer's morale, especially when it has as many as three cars lined up for this year, namely the Hexa, the Kite 5 and the Nexon.

The long feature list and the reasonable price of Tiago may have made many customers choose it over its rivals. Its chief rivals include cars like the Hyundai i10, the Maruti Suzuki Celerio and the Chevrolet Beat. However, Tata has to fortify its service network so that this response sustains for long, something that the manufacturer has always struggled with.

The Tiago is available at an introductory price tag of Rs 3.2 lakhs to 5.54 lakh (ex-showroom, New Delhi).

The Tiago is available with a petrol as well as a diesel engine, the former being the familiar 1.2-litre 85PS motor with a peak torque of 114Nm. The diesel is a newly developed 1.05-litre Rvotorq motor producing 70PS of power and 140Nm of torque. Both the engines are offered with a 5-speed manual, however, an AMT version could be in the pipeline.

Tata receives 15,000 bookings for Tiago - Times of India
      My Flickr - www.flickr.com/photos/103602929@N08

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

I had a good long enough test drive on the Tiago & it is surely going to be a game changer for Tata. On the build quality front its way ahead than Maruti & slightly ahead of Grand i10. Its no Tin can in any means & the doors feel very solid. The dashboard plastics are of good quality for the price we pay & the seats are comfortable too. I test drove Revotron Petrol and it was good. Not rev friendly as the Japenese, but for sure not like the old Tata or the Fiat Fire petrol. The Steering was too light to my liking & the brakes were a little spongy. I had my reservations as it was a TD vehicle but it had run only 650kms on the ODO, so chances of the vehicle being abused might be less considering the ODO. The Harmon kardon audio system well is leagues ahead atleast way better than my stock XUV audio system ! Its bassy & the details are good considering its a entry level hatch. The boot is also decent & overall its a thumbs up & great effort from Tata.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Not on GH anymore!

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by Lvramanan View Post
      I had a good long enough test drive on the Tiago & it is surely going to be a game changer for Tata. On the build quality front its way ahead than Maruti & slightly ahead of Grand i10
      I saw one and did the test drive during one of the Tata Safari SOUL drives. (car was showcased and available for TD). I agree that the build quality is awesome, even the audio system by Harman is good. However, I did not like the engine power tuning of petrol engine. Car was slow in City mode and super sluggish in the eco mode. I think, this car is best in city as it will struggle in overtaking on highways.

Also, currently, the waiting period on Tiago is minimum 2-3 months. My uncle (chacha) was looking to buy a new car last week (urgent req) and he really liked the Tiago, but, he went for i10 as he can't wait for 2-3 months. He was ready for 2-3 weeks, but, 70-80 days is too much for brand like Tata.

Tata is struggling to put sales number and with this long wait time, can put off lot of potential customers.

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
      super sluggish in the eco mode.
      +1 to that. Forgot to mention about the modes. Definitely a city car only. But Ironhide the car which I drove was peppy enough & not so lazy. Just that post 3.5K RPM, the engine started crazy roaring which was very much heard inside the cabin, after which I stopped revving it post that RPM range. But for light footers it should be good enough. ECO mode as the name suggests, it is slow & steady Doesn't get into a hurry mode or whatsoever once the ECO button is switched on. I had to literally stand on the throttle to keep the car moving when in ECO mode. Otherwise it was fun.

Dream is not what you see when you sleep;dream is something that doesn't make you sleep - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Gears in head!!!
      Life needs a purpose!

Awesome

For a car with
      price tag of Rs 3.2 lakhs to 5.54 lakh
      they have
      audio system by Harman
      ? That is AWESOME!!!

What was wrong with Mahindra for plugging in Premier Padmini speakers in XUV500? There are times when I feel my EON speakers sounded better than XUV500!!

Audio Enthusiast
      SO can't stop the XUV

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      What was wrong with Mahindra for plugging in Premier Padmini speakers in XUV500?
      They had concentrated more on the Visual functions than the audio quality The entire system is from Nippon with software support from Visteon.

Mahindra XUV 500
      Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
      Honda Hornet
      Honda Activa
      Honda Dio

Not on GH anymore!

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by rksingh1 View Post
      What was wrong with Mahindra for plugging in Premier Padmini speakers in XUV500? There are times when I feel my EON speakers sounded better than XUV500!
      You should try the Harman Kardon 10 speaker + DSP audio system in Tata Aria. That is pure bliss.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information