• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Gear Shifting Problem - Renault Duster RXL Opt

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Gear Shifting Problem - Renault Duster RXL Opt

Hello Ghs...

I own a Duster 85PS RXL Opt 2015 Model. So far so good. But some days I have noticed a kind of difficulty to shift the 1st gear to 2nd gear after some amount of acceleration. Its something like, if I am climbing to my parking slot @ 1st gear with a normal accelearation and need to change it to 2nd gear, it gives problem..

Does anyone had the same feels in the Duster.

My ODO meter is 17500...

Also do we need to use synthetic engine oil in duster? I understand from Service manual, it needs to be changed every 10k. So synthetic oil is really necessary?

Thanks,
      Binoj

Living the dream

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by binojpn View Post
      Also do we need to use synthetic engine oil in duster?
      Hi Binoj, My Duster 110PS has just clocked 20K kms and completed the service, the service advisors are not recommending Synthetic. I dont know whether they have knowledge of it, but they simply keep saying its safe with the Elf(company owned) regular oil, why change the pattern. I didn't want to press any further.

Regarding, the gear shift problem - i had the same in my Punto when it had run just 5K kms, the service guys messed with everything trying to rectify it, finally they changed full gear assembly kit and its just ok, not as good as when it was new. I would recommend visit your service center and if they are going to put the car on a ramp and test gear changing ask them to stop, I think that's what messed my car up.

Regards,
      Kannan
      Duster 110 -
      Source - Pioneer 80 PRS
      DSP - Helix DSP Pro
      Amplification
      - Mosconi AS200.4 (Mid Bass & Sub), AS100.4 (Tweeter & Mid Range)
      Speakers - AudioFrog GB60, GB25, GB10, Sub - GS12D4

On the lookout for more 4
      wheel victims.

Hungry

1st gear with a normal accelearation and need to change it to 2nd gear, it gives problem..
      Probably will be fine if you bleed the clutch. And if you need help with diagnostics, please do drop by our Cochin garage, and we can help you figure out if something is wrong. And if something is indeed wrong, you can go back to the showroom and ask for warranty repairs...
      In pursuit of happiness, and happiness drives very fast.

Awesome

My vehicle was due for 3rd service (20,000km). I mentioned this gear shifting problem to the service advisor and he told it will be cleared once after bleeding the clutch. And he did so. But I feel the same problem again also. I am really worried on this now. I serviced the vehicle on 30/Sep/2016, and I could feel the same problem again.
      Also my mileage is 14km/ltr. I was in an impression that it will change since all the filters has been replaced during the 20k service.

Living the dream

Awesome

My vehicle was due for 3rd service (20,000km). I mentioned this gear shifting problem to the service advisor and he told it will be cleared once after bleeding the clutch. And he did so. But I feel the same problem again also. I am really worried on this now. I serviced the vehicle on 30/Sep/2016, and I could feel the same problem again.
      Also my mileage is 14km/ltr. I was in an impression that it will change since all the filters has been replaced during the 20k service.
      I would insist you escalate the problem to the service manager and get them to rectify it.
      Regarding the fuel economy, I thought 85's used to give atleast 16, seems a bit low but then Duster is one vehicle where if you're driving pattern is a bit pedal heavy, it starts guzzling fuel.
      I get an average of 15.5 with Eco mode and a light foot. If I tend to get excited it drops to 13-14. Fuel filling is another issue with the Duster either you stop at the first pump cutoff or be patient enough till the tank is full. After the first cutoff I generally get to fill 7-8 litres, it depends if the person filling is patient to wait for it to go down.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Duster 110 -
      Source - Pioneer 80 PRS
      DSP - Helix DSP Pro
      Amplification

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kanna.sridharan View Post
      I would insist you escalate the problem to the service manager and get them to rectify it
      Escalation, I really fed up with the service of TVS & Sons. They are the one and only dealer in Kerala for Renault. On 5/Oct I received a call from them asking for the feedback of the service. I told them that the problem exists, and she told me that she will raise a complaint regarding it which she has raised (Complaint No:1-2610673573). But to my surprise none of them from the service has contacted me till day to check on the complaint.

Awesome

where if you're driving pattern is a bit pedal heavy
      If you have some suggestion on this. Happy to hear and follow.

Living the dream

Awesome

If you have some suggestion on this. Happy to hear and follow.
      I just discovered these findings yesterday on my vehicle. Was driving on a four lane and set the cruise control to 110, was fidgeting with the other data available and avg. fuel consumption for that trip read 14.1kmpl, I had clocked around 490 kms until then. The next reading showed instant fuel consumption, it kept varying from ~16 and used to drop to ~14 on inclinations. So, I reduced the cruise to 100, now it varied from ~18 drop to ~14.7, reduced cruise further to 90, now it was ~20.2 drop to ~15.5. After this I decided to keep it set there for the rest of the distance, four lane roads for another 60 kms and our regular roads for the rest 136 kms without cruise but maintained speed at 90 occassionaly 100. When i reached home the trip distance read 686kms and avg. fuel consumption for the trip read 15.4 kmpl, felt happy that I could bring the average up. Will confirm these once I refill. But genrally for this distance the fuel guage would drop to just one bar, but this time display shows 2 bars.

Looking from the instant fuel consumption meter varying, getting a good mileage depends on so many factors from terrain, to traffic and in the lower gears when accelerating it shows only around 6-9. If you are from the hilly terrains of Kerala, then you must be really happy with that mileage, because on my ghat trips, that is a full trip of 920kms from my home to Ooty and back, which has a ghat section of only 120-140kms(up & down), my fuel consumption drops to 13-13.5 kmpl on those trips.

My suggestions to get good fuel efficiency: driving habits - always shift to stay in the turbo's rpm range, anticipate traffic and corners - vary speed with gas pedal according rather than braking late, be progressive while accelerating. vehicle checks - ensure correct air pressure on all wheels, keep up with regular service maintenance schedules.

Enjoy driving, Cheers & Regards
      Duster 110 -
      Source - Pioneer 80 PRS
      DSP - Helix DSP Pro
      Amplification

Living the dream

Awesome

fuel consumption for the trip read 15.4 kmpl, felt happy that I could bring the average up. Will confirm these once I refill
      After the refill - got only 14.6 kmpl on that trip, but the main reason for the drop was, I had idled the car for almost 2 hours to fine tune audio settings.
      Duster 110 -
      Source - Pioneer 80 PRS
      DSP - Helix DSP Pro
      Amplification

Thread Information