• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Volkswagen Vento 1.6 TDi

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Are the 0-100 and in gear acceleration timings of the Vento and Verna available anywhere?

Awesome

0-100 is 11.6 sec,20-80 in 3rd and 40 -100 in 4th are9.1 and 10.2 respectively,11.2,12 and 16 for Verna. Vento thrashes even the Cruze in the in gear times. this is from the autocar table in the end of the book. Iwill receive my Vento TDI highline on thursday let me see how it feels in the real world.
      Suresh

Forum Leader
      Diesel till I die!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by drsureshmohan View Post
      0-100 is 11.6 sec,20-80 in 3rd and 40 -100 in 4th are9.1 and 10.2 respectively,11.2,12 and 16 for Verna. Vento thrashes even the Cruze in the in gear times. this is from the autocar table in the end of the book. Iwill receive my Vento TDI highline on thursday let me see how it feels in the real world.
      Suresh
      Congrats on the vento doc!
      Its value for money, and definitely fast. I almost fell for it, then decided to stick with hatchbacks. Waiting for your ownership reports.

Awesome

A quick review:
      I happened to drive my friend s TDI trendline . The car was booked exactly one month after mine and he received it last week. Mine will come this week.Before i say anything about the car let me prepare all Honda /Suzuki owners. Be ready for a rude jolt AFTER u book and wait for the car. On one occasion when i called i was told ,im in a meeting pls call me after one hour, instead of Can i have your number ,i will call back in an hour.I called about 20 times to find when my car would come, the answer would always be we will get back to you and it would never happen.I finally called VW helpline. I got an sms saying i will get a call in 24 hrs, finally i got a call saying the car will be delivered in 7- 10 working days ,which i hope will come. Sorry for going off topic but i thought it was important to let u all know how u will be treated AFTER U BOOK THE CAR.
      Exterior: The White trendline came shod with 14 inch wheels, i was impressed by the fit and finish. The chrome inlays in the front grille merges with best looking headlights ive seen, esp on a Black Vento.Paint Job is real top notch with no evidence nuances in shade (since i do ultrasound my job is to detect changes in shade).The next thing i observed was to check for image distortion in the edge of the windscreen (im a telescope guy and im aware that optics industry is not on par with Japan) to my surprise there were none(in this car) and i hope all of u would check. The front Grille looks very masculine and has a very European look.The VW logo in the front and rear is bold , The door handles were black , so were the door mirrors , actually looked nice on the White Vento.
      Interior: The livon Fabric looked nice (when new) but the floor mats will acquire dirt very quickly in our conditions and appear shoddy is what i think. I sat behind the steering wheel and my god , it was the best lumbar and thigh support ive come across in this segment- pure pleasure. You can drive for miles and miles and feel no strain. Kudos to VW.Interior was otherwise spartan .
      Drive: Im not going into tech specs which are not applicable to real world conditions. The engine can hardly be termed noisy,actually i found it rather quiet. Ouch the clutch felt like a used Fiat Uno(real dissapointment in bumper to bumper traffic). Either the clutch cover assembly is hard or that they deliberately want you develop left leg like Arnold s . This expression may vary from person to person; coming from Honda city and Swift Vdi i could feel the big difference.I sincerely hope the issue is sorted by VW.
      You stole my heart feeling came to me once the engine came to life, the road i drove was a very bumpy one and the car anhilated those bumps and potholes . I shifted to third at 20kmph and floored, the acceleration felt very linear and the tacho was nearing 5k very quickly( i didnt have a stopwatch). The best part of the car were the Brakes, simply the best ive come across. Since it was new car and that too my friend s i decided to call it off .A quick note about the rear view mirror is that i felt that the headrests of the back seat blocking the view more than it should. I shall definitely inform once my car arrives and how it performs on the slopes of Yelagiri where i go for astronomy sometime. Hope this mini review was helpful and additional to what the boss wrote.
      Suresh

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by drsureshmohan View Post
      A quick review:
      I happened to drive my friend s TDI trendline . The car was booked exactly one month after mine and he received it last week. Mine will come this week.Before i say anything about the car let me prepare all Honda /Suzuki owners. Be ready for a rude jolt AFTER u book and wait for the car. On one occasion when i called i was told ,im in a meeting pls call me after one hour, instead of Can i have your number ,i will call back in an hour.I called about 20 times to find when my car would come, the answer would always be we will get back to you and it would never happen.I finally called VW helpline. I got an sms saying i will get a call in 24 hrs, finally i got a call saying the car will be delivered in 7- 10 working days ,which i hope will come. Sorry for going off topic but i thought it was important to let u all know how u will be treated AFTER U BOOK THE CAR.
      Exterior: The White trendline came shod with 14 inch wheels, i was impressed by the fit and finish. The chrome inlays in the front grille merges with best looking headlights ive seen, esp on a Black Vento.Paint Job is real top notch with no evidence nuances in shade (since i do ultrasound my job is to detect changes in shade).The next thing i observed was to check for image distortion in the edge of the windscreen (im a telescope guy and im aware that optics industry is not on par with Japan) to my surprise there were none(in this car) and i hope all of u would check. The front Grille looks very masculine and has a very European look.The VW logo in the front and rear is bold , The door handles were black , so were the door mirrors , actually looked nice on the White Vento.
      Interior: The livon Fabric looked nice (when new) but the floor mats will acquire dirt very quickly in our conditions and appear shoddy is what i think. I sat behind the steering wheel and my god , it was the best lumbar and thigh support ive come across in this segment- pure pleasure. You can drive for miles and miles and feel no strain. Kudos to VW.Interior was otherwise spartan .
      Drive: Im not going into tech specs which are not applicable to real world conditions. The engine can hardly be termed noisy,actually i found it rather quiet. Ouch the clutch felt like a used Fiat Uno(real dissapointment in bumper to bumper traffic). Either the clutch cover assembly is hard or that they deliberately want you develop left leg like Arnold s . This expression may vary from person to person; coming from Honda city and Swift Vdi i could feel the big difference.I sincerely hope the issue is sorted by VW.
      You stole my heart feeling came to me once the engine came to life, the road i drove was a very bumpy one and the car anhilated those bumps and potholes . I shifted to third at 20kmph and floored, the acceleration felt very linear and the tacho was nearing 5k very quickly( i didnt have a stopwatch). The best part of the car were the Brakes, simply the best ive come across. Since it was new car and that too my friend s i decided to call it off .A quick note about the rear view mirror is that i felt that the headrests of the back seat blocking the view more than it should. I shall definitely inform once my car arrives and how it performs on the slopes of Yelagiri where i go for astronomy sometime. Hope this mini review was helpful and additional to what the boss wrote.
      Suresh
      Hello Suresh...

Hope U have VENTO in hand by now...Lot of friends who has booked around the same time is still looking beyond March. Something has gone with VW as this much delay wasnt atleast expected from them.

BTW , How did you feel the ergonomics of it - I meant Arm rest & seating position & so on.

Awesome

Hi, Am new here, never had much time to get acquaint with you all.
      Am waiting for my Vento tdi HL since nov '10 still waiting for the car.
      I have already done 3 TD.

Car is good to drive and very comfortable, in fact i felt it far better than Toyota Altis.
      Power is very good too, am impressed. It has enough equipments and is overall a good package. Its locking system is just like any german cars like Merc, Bmw etc(i read people complaining it as a fault).

On the down side, i felt its front looks not upto the mark, they could have done it much better (rear looks very good).
      And i felt the engine loud enough and i could feel vibration through the clutch. And also engines rev down sound during gear changes felt a little odd.
      Stereo offered is also bad.

Awesome

Another thing is the danger of getting warranty void, if u do even simple alterations like stereo change and tyre change. With these downsides i even considered base model altis diesel, which was not at all VFM compared to Vento tdi HL.

On the lookout for more 4
      wheel victims.

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by jai View Post
      Another thing is the danger of getting warranty void, if u do even simple alterations like stereo change and tyre change. With these downsides i even considered base model altis diesel, which was not at all VFM compared to Vento tdi HL.
      jai Are you sure about the warranty getting void if you change tires? If so, then that would warrant a separate thread in our grievance section!

Support Donkey
      Turbo Lag - Giving the NA guys
      just 1 extra second of false
      hope :p

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
      jai Are you sure about the warranty getting void if you change tires? If so, then that would warrant a separate thread in our grievance section!
      Most manufacturers say that changing tyres will void warranty. Atleast with regards to suspension components. But then again, I guess it depends on how well you know them and more importantly if you are going to claim anything "under warranty". That is when these issues are brought to light in order to prevent free replacement of parts.

On the lookout for more 4
      wheel victims.

Hungry

Hm ok. Does any manufacturer give it in writing that changing tires will void warranty?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information