• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Ritz VXi, 2014 model, Power steering wheel locked

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Ritz VXi, 2014 model, Power steering wheel locked

Hi,

My Ritz VXi was flood effected in Chennai 2015 December, got it repaired and a month later developed power steering problems, where it became tight, especially in very low speeds while turning. I used the car in this condition for about a year. Recently it started producing noises when turning the wheel, especially when first starting the car. Today, the car wheel is locked, with little movement on both sides but not enough to move the wheels. Mechanics have told, need to change the steering column first and if the problem is not solved to go to the steering motor and EPS change. This is turning out pretty expensive, approx 40k only parts cost. Could there be any other way of solving it...

Nautical Nonsense

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Toppo View Post
      My Ritz VXi was flood effected in Chennai 2015 December, got it repaired and a month later developed power steering problems, where it became tight, especially in very low speeds while turning. I used the car in this condition for about a year. Recently it started producing noises when turning the wheel, especially when first starting the car. Today, the car wheel is locked, with little movement on both sides but not enough to move the wheels. Mechanics have told, need to change the steering column first and if the problem is not solved to go to the steering motor and EPS change. This is turning out pretty expensive, approx 40k only parts cost. Could there be any other way of solving it...
      You do not have to replace the steering column to see if the problem is gone . Since the car wheels are locked with little movement get the steering column overhauled with a steering lathe .In chennai there is one guy in Nungambakkam who does the steering column reconditioning . There are a couple of mechanics near the lathe who can disassemble to column and check it at the lathe .
      Once the steering column is checked then the motor and EPS can be tested .

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Thank you so much...if you could provide the person's name or garage name in Nungambakkam, that would be very helpful.

Nautical Nonsense

Awesome

I have located the place on google maps . Sorry , I do not have the name or the garage .
      It is near the 7th cross street . After crossing the water tank take a left and on the right you can see a lathe . There is one more lathe on usman road t.nagar , but there are no mechanics nearby to disassemble the steering box .

Google Maps

Thread Information