• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DANGEROUS - Do not drive with the UPPER BEAM ON.

Humanism is lost!! Mobilisim
      is Here!!

Awesome

DANGEROUS - Do not drive with the UPPER BEAM ON.

In India people are driving and riding with UPPER BEAM ON. Which is very bad and causes accidents very frequent.

Check out the video for more info..

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
      Riding By Passion, Wandering By Choice
      - Somen Singh

Detail Travelogue at my Blog : https://www.iceageonwheels.com

FB Page : www.facebook.com/iceageonwheels
      Twitter Handle : www.twitter.com/iceageonwheels
      Youtube Channel : www.youtube.com/c/iceageonwheels

#Traveling - It leaves you
      Speechless, then turns you
      into a storyteller

Secret

I know its not good to drive with high beam. But in indian highways where cattles and dogs wandering and suddenly jumping in from dividers and trucks, autos, bikes with no tail lights or reflectors, i find it better to turn the high beam on for better visibility. Yes i do change to low beam if there is a on coming vehicle or if i am behind another vehicle. But in the rest of scenarios i feel high beam on for better visibility specially if doing highspeeds and most of highways dont have any lights.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
      VW POLO GT TDI- Code6'ed
      HONDA UNICORN

Brio SMT

Secret

I do not drive in night too much. But this is one of the most annoying thing when pretty much every car is on high beam. I use it only in extreme condition when visibility is very poor for safety reason. Also I have level to 0 in low beam which is lowest setting. I do not think high beam is even required in city when there is enough light TBH

Live to Drive

Awesome

Yes, i too use high beam only when there are no oncoming vehicles and if no other vehicle preceding me.
      Recently, i missed to notice a barricade due to driving with low beam. As I was driving slow enough to suddenly react and steer to the left. I could not save my right mirror. But worse could have been happen if i was bit more fast.
      Needless to say, the barricade was kept in parallel to the median and no reflectors.
      It happens on Indian roads. Cattles, Dogs and even worse human crossing the road like walking from hall to kitchen.

On the other hand, I respect the oncoming vehicles and always lower the lights. In my opinion, those who do not care about the oncoming vehicles and using high beam always have a common name.. "Idiots".

Hondameister
      Formerly IITK

Awesome

Sometimes I wonder whether many drivers are even aware of the high and low beams. You also find people driving with the fog lights on in absolutely clear weather. I have been thinking, and maybe I have a reason. Modern beams are so well defined and confined that there is very little illumination on the sides (leakage). We have a propensity for all sorts of impediments on the sides, incl. four legged ones, and vehicles (esp two and three wheelers) with lights off. Add to these the latest menace - electric rickshaws. Moving at zilch speed, with lights off to save power (which they mostly steal off poles in any case).
      Drive carefully, the life you save may be your own.
      Honda Civic V AT (2010), Honda Brio V AT 2012
      Hyundai Accent GLS, 2003; Hyundai Santro AT (2005)

new member :D

Awesome

Happy Valentine Day

-- My father is a senior manager, earns a lot, had number of properties and owns a wagonr Lxi 07 but for three year after purchase, he was not aware that his car is equipped with Dipper switch, headlight leveling, windscreen wash, trip meter, central locking! after which he handovered the wheels to me. I instructed him to move his finger back an forth to dip beams but he said that his desi brain is only good at counting money and numerical calculations, not at judging when to dip beams or when to use which switch to work what!

-- My neighbor drives his swift with HL at level 4, high beam, no cargo.
      -- My friend never complained with the hazy light output from his cars headlight and drives with a dusty windshield from inside.

-- I request by dipping my headlights to oncoming vehicle to dip their beams to low. Some drivers accept my request and some don't, so sometime i keep my high beams ON to let them know what it feels like to be in glare range. And surprisingly they still don't dip their beams, I don't know why. May be they want to but not aware of it, just like my father. Hell lot of people are unaware of this and drives with whatever it is.

-- I keep dip the beams after 3-4 minutes to give my eyes two different scenes, this lowers the stress onto them during long night drives.

Swift does rattle a lot :-(

Awesome

Hi!
      I am from Kerala and I do a lot of night drivings, mostly from Trivandrum to Ernakulam (every weekend) and back.

I drive with low beam 95% of the time, whether in cities or highways. In highways, I flash my headlight for just a fraction of second to get a long-range-view and continue to drive in low beam.

When an oncoming vehicle stays on high beam, I flash my high beam 1 or 2 times to request them to lower their lights. Some of them acknowledge by dipping.

Even if they don't dip their lights, I stay in low beam after flashing because I want him to cross me safely without hitting me. I am already blinded by his lights. I don't want him blinded as well so that at least one party has vision. One is better than none, let him be the one. I care about safety only, I don't want to teach him a lesson. (All I do is - focus my eyes to the left edge of the road and drive).
      Last edited by sgiitk; 16th Feb 2017 at 08:39. Reason: Type corrected as pointed out.

Swift does rattle a lot :-(

Awesome

---- Done -----
      Last edited by sgiitk; 16th Feb 2017 at 08:40. Reason: Typo pointed out by the poster, corrected

Driving :)

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by circuits View Post
      Even if they don't dip their lights, I stay in low beam after flashing because I want him to cross me safely without hitting me. I am already blinded by his lights. I don't want him blinded as well so that at least one party has vision. One is better than none, let him be the one. I care about safety only, I don't want to teach him a lesson. (All I do is - focus my eyes to the left edge of the road and drive).
      +1,kudos.This is what i too follow.
      When i used to have halogen bulbs i use less flash, after switching to LED's i flash atleast 10 times(in quick intervals) to let them know that i cant see anything.

new member :D

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by circuits View Post
      Even if they don't dip their lights, I stay in low beam after flashing because I want him to cross me safely without hitting me. I am already blinded by his lights. I don't want him blinded as well so that at least one party has vision. One is better than none, let him be the one. I care about safety only, I don't want to teach him a lesson. (All I do is - focus my eyes to the left edge of the road and drive)
      My driving also includes 90% highways which involves 80% night drive. The way one use his dipper is subjective. Some people use 100w or Hids for better illumination and some use them to take revenge with those drives with high beams. I am on both sides, it all depends on the mood, time and stress on eyes in my case.
      Here, GT road is well maintained and proper lit but my drive also includes some sub-rural, village and jungle highways which are somewhat famous for unwanted materials and goons. Better to save yourself first but i still request them multiple times.
      I mean, i am not strict or offensive with the high beamers, i am a mixed user. I just can not let 50's of cars pass me with their high beams on my eyes, 15 of them also have to face my 130s.

- Is there any OTHER way to tell such idiot users to drive in low beams? It really hurts, Sir. One can not let people do stupid stuff every-time.
      - A clear windshield, clear headlight and visible left side road strip are enough to drive safely in moderate speed at night. Even in medium fog condition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information