• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Results 11 to 20 of 28

    Thread: Sun shade for car windows ?

    1. #11

      Mumbai / Pune
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Mar 2014
      Location
      Mumbai / Pune
      Posts
      9
      As amg suggested go for regular magnetic one dont go for film

      Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
      to make better world, All you need is friendship and love

    2. #12

      Life's Boring !!!
       
      Awesome
       
      back2u4u's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Chandigarh (Paradise) - Indrapuram (Vertical Slum)
      Posts
      1,661
      Quote Originally Posted by vabs View Post
      As amg suggested go for regular magnetic one dont go for film

      I got the magnetic ones with black net for my car for 250 Rs from Karolbagh Delhi.

    3. #13

      Mumbai / Pune
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Mar 2014
      Location
      Mumbai / Pune
      Posts
      9
      Quote Originally Posted by back2u4u View Post
      I got the magnetic ones with black net for my car for 250 Rs from Karolbagh Delhi.
      For set??
      Online are too expensive

      Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
      to make better world, All you need is friendship and love

    4. #14

      Life's Boring !!!
       
      Awesome
       
      back2u4u's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Chandigarh (Paradise) - Indrapuram (Vertical Slum)
      Posts
      1,661
      Quote Originally Posted by vabs View Post
      For set??
      Online are too expensive
      Got 4 for 250 Rs approx a year back. 2 front and 2 rear.

    5. #15

      reclaiming my life!
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Mar 2016
      Location
      Pune
      Posts
      169
      KimiRaikkonen I have installed 3M CR70 on my Safari's front windshield approx for 5500 rs and that too a year back. Trust me the film is completely transparent no color deformation or spreading is visible. Even if cops stop you they will have to watch too closely to register that there is a film. Difference it makes in car, huge. Before fitting the film my right hand use to get burn up pretty badly, so bad that after coming out of the car my right hand use to look way darker than my right hand and I use to have that slight burning sensation on skin. After fitting the film the temps have dropped considerably cannot quote exact difference but now with the film installed I just know that temp is hot outside, no more tanning and burning of skin. Just a luke warm feel on the hand.

      Though I may caution you, films are illegal and the cops may stop you and if they find out you have film installed they either challan you or will tear/remove up the film. Atleast this is what they do in Pune. Does not matters whats the color of film they wont listen and will go ahead with their business. My Safari has 3M CR70 on front and Garware 50% dark film on other windows. Touch wood I have not been stopped by cops even once for the film issues but even if they stop me I am pretty sure they are going to tear up the black film which anyway is cheaper in cost. God forbid if they removed the front 3M film. Right now lady luck seems to be with me.

      I would suggest if the cops are going to be hassle go for sunshade on window glasses and you could take risk with 3M CR70 on front. Its your call though whether to play safe or dirty.

      Regards,
      hawx

    6. #16

      Learning each day
       
      Awesome
       
      kunwar.g's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Location
      Gurgaon
      Posts
      854
      Quote Originally Posted by hawx View Post
      KimiRaikkonen I have installed 3M CR70 on my Safari's front windshield approx for 5500 rs and that too a year back. Trust me the film is completely transparent no color deformation or spreading is visible. Even if cops stop you they will have to watch too closely to register that there is a film. Difference it makes in car, huge. Before fitting the film my right hand use to get burn up pretty badly, so bad that after coming out of the car my right hand use to look way darker than my right hand and I use to have that slight burning sensation on skin. After fitting the film the temps have dropped considerably cannot quote exact difference but now with the film installed I just know that temp is hot outside, no more tanning and burning of skin. Just a luke warm feel on the hand.

      Though I may caution you, films are illegal and the cops may stop you and if they find out you have film installed they either challan you or will tear/remove up the film. Atleast this is what they do in Pune. Does not matters whats the color of film they wont listen and will go ahead with their business. My Safari has 3M CR70 on front and Garware 50% dark film on other windows. Touch wood I have not been stopped by cops even once for the film issues but even if they stop me I am pretty sure they are going to tear up the black film which anyway is cheaper in cost. God forbid if they removed the front 3M film. Right now lady luck seems to be with me.

      I would suggest if the cops are going to be hassle go for sunshade on window glasses and you could take risk with 3M CR70 on front. Its your call though whether to play safe or dirty.

      Regards,
      hawx
      Safari n Scorpio get stopped the least...Personality of both support it....

      Please share from where you got it for 5500 ?

    7. #17

      reclaiming my life!
       
      Awesome
       

      Join Date
      Mar 2016
      Location
      Pune
      Posts
      169
      Quote Originally Posted by kunwar.g View Post
      Safari n Scorpio get stopped the least...Personality of both support it....

      Please share from where you got it for 5500 ?
      True that, Safari and Scorpio gets stopped the least courtesy their character and on topping on that if you have kind of VIP looking number then no cops trouble.
      The film was installed by a trusted neighborhood car accessories shop near my local place. The reason for it being so cheap was that the shop guy use to directly import the film roll from 3M supplier.(atleast this is what he told me). I had my doubt so next day I went to 3M store and got the film verified and they verified that it was original.
      3M had quoted me 7000 for the same film at their store.

      Regards,
      hawx

    8. #18

      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       
      racing_2012's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Location
      Bangalore
      Posts
      58
      Getting CR70 for 5500 is a steal price, the one who sell in 3m will have hefty Margin


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    9. #19
      Life is too short to enjoy
       
      Hungry
       
      AMG Style's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Posts
      750
      According to supreme court verdict in 2014 all kind of sunfilms was banned so why take the risk and spend 8000-10,000.

      Go for magnetic shades.A lot cheaper, Type of use and throw

      Article - http://www.cartoq.com/attention-all-...s-now-illegal/

    10. #20

      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       
      racing_2012's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Location
      Bangalore
      Posts
      58
      I use sunshade in the windows, I feel it blocks more visibility to cabin compare to cr70


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Multishade Film/Tint 85%-90% VLT Blue Shade
      By Haneet in forum Parts And Accessories
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: 17th Feb 2016, 10:14
    2. Windows Blues
      By sgiitk in forum Electrical and Electronics
      Replies: 25
      Last Post: 17th Aug 2015, 15:43
    3. Sun Shade for my Figo
      By autojunkie in forum Bodywork & Interiors
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: 3rd Jun 2014, 23:47
    4. Changing your car paint shade
      By Guru in forum Bodywork & Interiors
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 7th Jan 2013, 22:15

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •