• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luxury SUV????

Endodontist Here

Awesome

Luxury SUV????

Guys happy to announce the arrival of black S90 on 10th of march now looking for its stable mate which has to be a SUV so the budget is 90L OTR have shortlisted the RR discovery sport and the X5. My BIL likes the looks of Discovery Sport but I'm worried about the post sales support of JLR India. So guys need your valuable suggestions regarding the same how these guys are now have they changed???Strictly No Audi

Cruising along :D

Awesome

Hearty congratulations on acquiring the S90. I have my eyes on it as well! Getting to drive a friend's S90 this Sunday hopefully. For the SUV, the options in that price bracket are Audi Q7 (comes with a spare tyre that acquires the 7th seat permanently unless you wish to store it away at home/office), GL350 (which I own and absolutely love it, but there are few quirks that annoy my thou), Volvo XC90 (the one that I love ❤️), BMW X5 (5 seater strictly and low seller in Punjab, the BMW guys are offering to buy my existing 5+ year old 5 series 525d at about 26 lacs and offering a good 5-7 lacs discount on the new X5, but I don't really like it). Haven't had any experience with the JLR brand of cars till date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

not aware that he can set his status here!

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Sugastian G View Post
      Guys happy to announce the arrival of black S90 on 10th of march now looking for its stable mate which has to be a SUV so the budget is 90L OTR have shortlisted the RR discovery sport and the X5. My BIL likes the looks of Discovery Sport but I'm worried about the post sales support of JLR India. So guys need your valuable suggestions regarding the same how these guys are now have they changed???Strictly No Audi
      Congrats on the S90! Post some pics when you take delivery..

Current gen X5 is old now and due for replacement. Get the MB GLE350. MB aftersales is one of the best among the premium luxury cars.
      2015 Mercedes-Benz C200 Avantgarde
      1996 Mercedes-Benz E220

2016 Hyundai Creta SX(O)
      2017 Isuzu D-Max V Cross: PX5 Android HU -> AK4490EQ -> miniDSP C-DSP| Sony XM-GS4 | Kravchenko KAXBLTWT & HAT Legatia L6SE | Boston GT2125 | Vaani Vector 6.5mkII | SounDigital SD250.1| Infinity REF1200S
      2014 Hyundai Elite i20 Asta

Endodontist Here

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bamaboy View Post
      Congrats on the S90! Post some pics when you take delivery.. Current gen X5 is old now and due for replacement. Get the MB GLE350. MB aftersales is one of the best among the premium luxury cars.
      Thanks a lot Bamaboy!!! Sure will post pics and put up a detailed review after delivery!!!!

Endodontist Here

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Aakash Narang View Post
      Hearty congratulations on acquiring the S90. I have my eyes on it as well! Getting to drive a friend's S90 this Sunday hopefully. For the SUV, the options in that price bracket are Audi Q7 (comes with a spare tyre that acquires the 7th seat permanently unless you wish to store it away at home/office), GL350 (which I own and absolutely love it, but there are few quirks that annoy my thou), Volvo XC90 (the one that I love ❤️), BMW X5 (5 seater strictly and low seller in Punjab, the BMW guys are offering to buy my existing 5+ year old 5 series 525d at about 26 lacs and offering a good 5-7 lacs discount on the new X5, but I don't really like it). Haven't had any experience with the JLR brand of cars till date.

Thanks Akash!!! Can you please tell about the niggles you face with the GL350??? But comparing GL to the Q7 I feel the latter is loaded with extra features than the former no??? X5 is outdated so removing it from the wish list. Will there be any discounts for the GLS350 or Q7 currently???

Life is too short to enjoy

Hungry

Q7 i strongly feel is too big for our congested roads.Look at Q5 its a good option.Dont look at Q3 its hatchback basically.

I still suggest X5 or even X3 ,you need not spend all the 90 Lakhs you have,you can do with 50 lakhs also

Also have a look at Porsche Macan ,it was recently launched in November and its around 90 lakhs only.

If you want another volvo look at Volvo XC90.Under 90 lakhs plus recently launched

Endodontist Here

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AMG Style View Post
      Q7 i strongly feel is too big for our congested roads.Look at Q5 its a good option.Dont look at Q3 its hatchback basically.I still suggest X5 or even X3 ,you need not spend all the 90 Lakhs you have,you can do with 50 lakhs also
      Also have a look at Porsche Macan ,it was recently launched in November and its around 90 lakhs only. If you want another volvo look at Volvo XC90.Under 90 lakhs plus recently launched
      Even I don't like the Q3. X5 n X3 don't you feel outdated??? Porsche there is no dealership in Tamilnadu but still Macan will go definitely over 1C. Not looking at XC90 as S90 will be there so it just resembles the former so trying for a different brand. What about GLS350??

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Sugastian G View Post
      Thanks Akash!!! Can you please tell about the niggles you face with the GL350??? But comparing GL to the Q7 I feel the latter is loaded with extra features than the former no??? X5 is outdated so removing it from the wish list. Will there be any discounts for the GLS350 or Q7 currently???
      - I am not a fan of the overall media interface and feel that it was already outdated when I bought it. The maps are equally bad and complex to use for my liking.

- The ICE on it is not the best one and I find myself adjusting bass far too frequently with the same source on different songs. I've debated many a times with my brother about upgrading it but he is against the idea of aftermarket equipment on such an expensive car. They should upgrade the firmware somehow so that one is able to use Apple Carplay or Android Auto.

- I personally feel that the torque is a little on the lower side when you've to just get going while stuck in traffic. But once there, the 6 cylinders show their magic and give you a nice push back into the comfortable leather seats.

- It could be just my opinion but I feel that the space saver tyre, that comes with the car like it mostly is the case with all luxury cars these days, should rather be a full sized one as it comes with a speed limit of 80 kilometers an hour and on our Indian conditions, the tech support guys told me to keep it under 50. Last year I was coming back from Delhi and as luck would have had it, I got a flat tyre on the way. Me and my driver both knew how to change a tyre on the other standard cars like fortuner etc but this was way too complicated for us. It was night time and the tech support guy told me to read the manual on how to change it as both of their service guys were already assisting other mercs in the two totally different parts of the state. There were no roadside quick repair shops which could've helped us so we read through the manual and finally changed it with the space saver tyre but then again had to drive back really slow below 50 kph. Imagine coming down to those speeds after you've been cruising the highway at about 150! It reminded me of my fortuner thou. But mind you, this has only happened once!

- First 3 years of the service are free in which I got one of the shockers replaced free of charge when it went bad. But now my 4th year is going to start and I'm offered an all inclusive package of 3.45 lacs per year! It is simply too much.

- As is the case with all SUVs, few minor rattles creep in after first year of usage. The car has I guess done less than 40k on the ODO. This I think is the case with all bigger cars but given the price of this car, I feel that this shouldn't have been the case.

- The high beam is excellent and goes way far and beyond but the low beam on highways is unsatisfactory for my liking. The Beemer does a better job IMO.

Having said that, I am very happy with my purchase and love a lot many of other great features at the same time. I think that it is a perfect vehicle for larger families if you want to travel in style and pure comfort. The third row seats are the best in business. The buttons, leather seats, dashboard and other material quality is top notch as well. Third row seats go down flat at the push of a button and that alone helps in hauling a lot of bags while making loading luggage easier. The engine is immaculate for both performance and comfort. I usually reach triple digits speeds at the press of a pedal. 360 cameras on it make the car parking easy. The road presence is huge and the car commands a lot of respect wherever you take it. Only these points are coming to mind at the moment.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Endodontist Here

Awesome

Aakash Narang thanks a lot!!! Will keep you updated after the TD which is most likely to happen right after the delivery of S90 that's coming Friday. Decided to TD the GLS350,X5,Q7 and the discovery sport.

Awesome

I have a feeling that you might not like the Disco Sport because when I checked it out last month at a mall in Delhi, the interior quality leaves a lot to be desired. Plus the other 3 in your list are 6 cylinder engines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information