• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My 3rd Fiat and its a T-JET

Fun to be fast :D

Awesome

It has been all smiles everytime I take the car for a drive. Now that I have crossed more than 2000 Kms , I got to explore the full potential in the recent highway trip.

The engine pulls like crazy. 4th gear is a beauty. I was able to do 170 kmph in 4th without even me knowing it. The car happily cruises in 5th gear at speeds > 150kmph. If the engine is kept boiling no car can be seen in the rear view mirror.

And for the mileage thus far, I have got from 6.0 - 16.6 Kmpl.
      In highways with my usual style of driving at < 120 kmph I get 14-15 kmpl approx.
      With a really heavy right foot and speeds > 150 kmph it returns 10-12 Kmpl.
      With cruise control set to 90 kmph and really good roads with least traffic I got 16.6 which is the maximum thus far.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170420_121718-COLLAGE.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	225645

Name:	IMG_20170414_071621.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	225646

Name:	IMG_20170415_154007.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	225647

Name:	IMG_20170416_091958.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	2.89 MB 
ID:	225648

I have been using only PROKLEARâ„¢ RAW Xtreme CX Rinseless / Waterless Auto Wash Concentrate to clean the car. Have never done a foam wash until now. This is the first time I'm using a waterless wash and find it very easy to keep the car clean. I spend around an hour every weekend for it and I'm very happy with the results.

Name:  IMG_20170417_095947.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  58.0 KB

Name:	IMG_20170417_095923.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	225649

Getting lost is fun!!!

Awesome

Getting 10 to 12 when your driving at 150 is quite commendable. As soon as the speedo crossed 150 I used to usually see my mileage drop into single digits in my T Jet.

Glad to see you driving it the way it should be driven, drive safe !

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Driving :)

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by naveen2cool View Post
      I was able to do 170 kmph in 4th without even me knowing it.
      Very dangerous, please keep a eye on speedo while shifting into mars orbital mode , unless you apply brakes, you will never know the speed and how the body reacts for the sudden given amount of leg power,self consciousness,traumatic conditions with one miss of heart pulse.No offence.

You need some sporting stickers for the speed you travel, gun metal alloy painting ? black roof ? as this being your 3rd fiat may be you want OEM looks retained till the thought of 4th FCA product.

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnet View Post
      Very dangerous, please keep a eye on speedo while shifting into mars orbital mode , unless you apply brakes, you will never know the speed and how the body reacts for the sudden given amount of leg power,self consciousness,traumatic conditions with one miss of heart pulse.No offence.

You need some sporting stickers for the speed you travel, gun metal alloy painting ? black roof ? as this being your 3rd fiat may be you want OEM looks retained till the thought of 4th FCA product.
      Its very rare that I get to travel without my wife in the passenger seat hence got to enjoy the jet in the recent drive Otherwise I'm very sane.

I had my punto's roof blackened with Itali stickers all around but this Magnesio Linea prefers to be a sleeper. In general I feel Lineas are better left untouched. May be a white car will take subtle mods.

Damn the boy racer in me still regrets for not getting the Abarth Punto. May be a remap will void that feel to some extent in the coming years.

Hope its not against the forum rules to talk about high speeds. Please delete the post if it is.

Name:  speed.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  63.6 KB

Learning each day

Awesome

Absolutely fine to mention about the top speed you have done. I have a Punto MJD remapped. Last weekend got an opportunity to drive the T-jet ( same color ) and boy o boy was I floored. Taking turns at 100kmph was not at all an issue. And yes, give it an open road and most cars start vanishing in the IRVM. Found the bakes to be really good for the speed the car is capable of doing. On the limited stretch could touch max 130 kmph with no sign of the car holding back. For a 1st drive in the T-jet 130 was good enough i feel.

A remap will surely better the already potent performance of the T-jet. Enjoy

The only disappointment with the Fiat Linea design is the less ( almost non existing if front passengers are tall) rear legroom compared to the humungous boot space. Why couldnt they give atleast 1/4th of the boot space to the rear seat

Awesome

5000 Kms Update

Have completed the 5000Kms service from True Sai Salem which is just a check up.

1) Clutch pedal spring noise when released - Fixed by some adjustments and lubrication

2) Rear left power window switch not working - Some loose connection which was fixed in a minute

3) Brake noise when coming to a stop - Brake pads were cleaned and the noise vanished only to make its appearance occasionally

4) Got alignment done as I felt minor pulling

Name:	IMG_20170527_104507.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	226302

Name:	IMG_20170527_114600.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	849.7 KB 
ID:	226303

Name:  true sai 1.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  114.0 KB

Name:	true sai 2.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	226309

Other than that two major updates for the car

1) Now the car runs on Motul 8100 Xcess 5W-40.

Name:	IMG_20170526_111331.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	226299

I haven't found much of a difference as my senses are not so keen to find out minor differences but the NVH level has come down a bit which is already very good. Motul is fully synthetic oil and API-SN. It should keep the engine happy and long lasting and planning to stick to it throughout.

2) Got the tyres upgraded to Michelin P3st from Sundar tyres Coimbatore at 8600 Rs per tyre

Name:	IMG_20170529_121323.jpg 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	226300

Name:	IMG-20170529-WA0005.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	226301

The stock Apollos have already started the howling sound and I was dreaded to think that I have to live with it for couple of more years.
      So I let it go and switched to Michelins. Now the ride is very muted and comfortable.

As far as the average mileage goes, I have learnt to drive with light foot on the highways and can extract good mileage when I need it.
      I'm getting 15 kmpl in mix of national and state highways. In only 4 laned national highways and good roads I constantly get 16.5+ kmpl

Name:  20170521_235740-COLLAGE.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  75.3 KB

Name:	mileage1.jpg 
Size:	179.3 KB 
ID:	226304

Name:	mileage2.jpg 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	226305

Gruelling city traffic

Name:	mileage3.jpg 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	226306

busy driving.....

Awesome

5k completed so quickly... So whats the difference between the MJD and TJet powered Fiat's?

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Living the dream

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by dhans4all View Post
      5k completed so quickly... So whats the difference between the MJD and TJet powered Fiat's?
      the acceleration is insane in the Abarth, T-jet is progressive, MJD is not capable to pull that kinda weight.
      handling the Abarth is precise and the braking is brutal - balanced well for the kinda speed it can do, T-jet they've raised the height in comparison to the older version, so it doesn't feel as good as the old one, MJD the same as the T-jet.
      ride comfort the Abarth rides low and stiffer suspension creates a bit of uneasiness when the roads aren't good. the T-jet and MJD rides are very composed and they can take you through rough roads with ease. Overall the Punto's are bad in comfort when compared to the Linea's.
      Build quality is top notch but their electronics, switches and few others always turn up with niggling issues, which FIAT ASS are not able to resolve.

just my thoughts on the three, though your question was about the 2 engines, you definetly have to keep the Abarth in the equation, as it is totally in a different league. Wondering why FIAT couldn't make a Abarth Linea !! I don't think a remap alone of the T-jet would get it to the league of the Abarth's as there is something more to it, than just the power specs.
      Duster 110 -
      Source - Pioneer 80 PRS
      DSP - Helix DSP Pro
      Amplification
      - Mosconi AS200.4 (Mid Bass & Sub), AS100.4 (Tweeter & Mid Range)
      Speakers - AudioFrog GB60, GB25, GB10, Sub - GS12D4

What a CAR?

Awesome

naveen.. At last you have upgraded to the Jet.
      Bitten by Linea Bug.... Now enjoying the MJD. Navigating with Sygic in Z1.

busy driving.....

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kanna.sridharan View Post
      Build quality is top notch but their electronics, switches and few others always turn up with niggling issues, which FIAT ASS are not able to resolve.
      whats the niggling issues you have mentioned in the electronics? I haven't faced any in my punto in the last 4.5 years or 1.85L km.

few of my friends who owns fiat with more than 1L km also never found any niggles in electronics. will be glad if you specify the niggles so that I can be prepared

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information