• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret

Thread: Tyre size query

trolling...

Awesome

Tyre size query

Hi all.can anybody clarify if it's possible to use 185/65R15,or 185/60R15 tyres.I can live with speedo error but tyres should not rub the arches.Currently using 195/55r15 need something taller

Brio SMT

Secret

185/60 R15 is definitely the way to go if you like to change. But what were the stock tyres for your car as that should be the main reference for tyre upsize

aware that he can set his
      status here! but choose not to

Awesome

Does 195/55 R15 touches the arches?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

trolling...

Awesome

Thanks for the quick response guys.Stock size was 165/80r13.Currently running plus two upsize with 195/55r15.Diameter wise this is the recommended size for 15". However I want to try narrower tyres like 185/60 or 65 to improve the ride and chuckability.Car is being used very sparingly and rarely see a highway.

195/55R15 is not supposed to rub but in my car the rear tyres rubs against the inner fender area under load while going over bumpy sections.In my case it occurs due to weak dampers at the rear.Otherwise this size should not rub at all.

Life's Boring !!!

Awesome

Chandigarh (Paradise) - Indrapuram (Vertical Slum)
      Quote Originally Posted by thomasjude47 View Post
      Thanks for the quick response guys.Stock size was 165/80r13.Currently running plus two upsize with 195/55r15.Diameter wise this is the recommended size for 15". However I want to try narrower tyres like 185/60 or 65 to improve the ride and chuckability.Car is being used very sparingly and rarely see a highway.

195/55R15 is not supposed to rub but in my car the rear tyres rubs against the inner fender area under load while going over bumpy sections.In my case it occurs due to weak dampers at the rear.Otherwise this size should not rub at all.
      Try this by filling the parameters and stay within the limits recomended

Tyre Upsizing, Tyre Upsizing Calculator, Tyre Upgrade, Upgrading tyres, Michelin Tyre dealer in chennai, Authorised Michelin Tyre dealer in chennai, Michelin India, Michelin Tyres, tyrestore chennai

Brio SMT

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by thomasjude47 View Post

You are probably right. In that case I do not think 185/60 R15 is a good option. 185/65 R14 will give you better comfort

trolling...

Awesome

185/60r15 is the wrong size as per everyone.185/60r15 is not on the upsize charts due to the significant difference in diameter.I am OK with speedo errors as long as the tyres clear the arches.
      I am currently using 15" aftermarket alloys which to me suits the car very well and. Obviously i would like to retain them.
      Another reason is that I am getting 185/60 tyres at significantly cheaper rates from a wholesaler.

Thread Information