• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Results 21 to 30 of 39

    Thread: VW Firmware Update after Dieselgate: Effect on Performance

    1. #21
      Hondameister
      Formerly IITK
       
      Awesome
       
      sgiitk's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      Kanpur
      Posts
      4,720
      VW was caught with its pants down, or even off.
      Drive carefully, the life you save may be your own.
      Honda Civic V AT (2010), Honda Brio V AT 2012
      Hyundai Accent GLS, 2003; Hyundai Santro AT (2005)

    2. #22

      not aware that he can set his status here!
       
      Awesome
       
      sparkls's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2013
      Location
      uss sulaco
      Posts
      1,768
      Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
      Last week, Vinayaka Skoda(Bangalore) service center requested me to provide a signed note declaring that I elect to skip the firmware update.

      Same here. Declined the software update called ''FREE CAMPAIGN'' . Was asked to give a written statement. Did that ,so no updates.

    3. #23
      Needing a Pajero!
       
      Awesome
       
      Yeti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2017
      Location
      Bangalore
      Posts
      140
      Now someone from skoda calls and offers kit worth 1500/- and a free wash if I get the car for upgrade!
      Not biting.

    4. #24

      Hungry for more POWER!!!
       
      Hungry
       
      The Flash's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Mango & Steel City
      Posts
      2,717
      I used to keep getting calls from VW Madras asking to update. After a while I blocked the numbers. They used to call atleast like 3 times a week.
      2005 Maruti Swfit
      2005 Skoda Octavia
      2008 Ford Fiesta Classic
      2013 Honda Dio - Pearl White
      2014 VW Polo 1.5 TDi - White Panther


      "Try everything in life but don't get addicted to it"

    5. #25

      #Traveling - It leaves you
      Speechless, then turns you
      into a storyteller
       
      Secret
       
      PocketRocket's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Location
      Dubai,UAE/Palakkad,kerala
      Posts
      180
      Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
      I used to keep getting calls from VW Madras asking to update
      Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
      Now someone from skoda calls and offers kit worth 1500/- and a free wash if I get the car for upgrade!
      Beware when next time taking car for service. For my GT TDI they have done the update even after my dad told them specifically not to do the update. And funny part went there for checking the brakes. not even the service. In a fight with delearship and escalated to volkswagen india about this. Though nothing happened till now regarding my complaint to Volkswagen india. Thanks to tadukuttan & Gino bought my performance almost back to the previous levels , though took around almost a day and a half.
      VW POLO GT TDI- Code6'ed
      HONDA UNICORN

    6. #26

      Hungry for more POWER!!!
       
      Hungry
       
      The Flash's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Mango & Steel City
      Posts
      2,717
      Quote Originally Posted by PocketRocket View Post
      Beware when next time taking car for service. For my GT TDI they have done the update even after my dad told them specifically not to do the update. And funny part went there for checking the brakes. not even the service. In a fight with delearship and escalated to volkswagen india about this. Though nothing happened till now regarding my complaint to Volkswagen india. Thanks to tadukuttan & Gino bought my performance almost back to the previous levels , though took around almost a day and a half.
      Shit. This is a night mare. Can’t imagine driving the car in stock.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2005 Maruti Swfit
      2005 Skoda Octavia
      2008 Ford Fiesta Classic
      2013 Honda Dio - Pearl White
      2014 VW Polo 1.5 TDi - White Panther


      "Try everything in life but don't get addicted to it"

    7. #27

      #Traveling - It leaves you
      Speechless, then turns you
      into a storyteller
       
      Secret
       
      PocketRocket's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Location
      Dubai,UAE/Palakkad,kerala
      Posts
      180
      Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
      This is a night mare. Can’t imagine driving the car in stock.
      Its much worse than stock. Louder engine clatter than stock and high end is seriously affected. To be frank i have forgotten how the car ran in stock, got used to the extra power and torque and smoothness. When i drove after the update it was like driving a stock 1.2 TDI.
      VW POLO GT TDI- Code6'ed
      HONDA UNICORN

    8. #28

      Hungry for more POWER!!!
       
      Hungry
       
      The Flash's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Mango & Steel City
      Posts
      2,717
      Quote Originally Posted by PocketRocket View Post
      Its much worse than stock. Louder engine clatter than stock and high end is seriously affected. To be frank i have forgotten how the car ran in stock, got used to the extra power and torque and smoothness. When i drove after the update it was like driving a stock 1.2 TDI.
      And last time i took my car for service at the VW Madras they reset the service timing which was 7500kms to 15000. And then I asked them to change to 7500kms. They did it. But the **** up was instead of 365 days they put 180 days. Now it’s showing inspection. Sigh. There is still 3400kms left for the oil change.
      2005 Maruti Swfit
      2005 Skoda Octavia
      2008 Ford Fiesta Classic
      2013 Honda Dio - Pearl White
      2014 VW Polo 1.5 TDi - White Panther


      "Try everything in life but don't get addicted to it"

    9. #29

      #Traveling - It leaves you
      Speechless, then turns you
      into a storyteller
       
      Secret
       
      PocketRocket's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Location
      Dubai,UAE/Palakkad,kerala
      Posts
      180
      Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
      Now it’s showing inspection. Sigh. There is still 3400kms left for the oil change
      Can reset that easily, If the service inspection message is annoying.

      VW POLO GT TDI- Code6'ed
      HONDA UNICORN

    10. #30

      Hungry for more POWER!!!
       
      Hungry
       
      The Flash's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Mango & Steel City
      Posts
      2,717
      Quote Originally Posted by PocketRocket View Post
      Can reset that easily, If the service inspection message is annoying.

      I do know how to reset. I guess next time I’m in blore I need to get it changed. And get the engine clatter update too.
      2005 Maruti Swfit
      2005 Skoda Octavia
      2008 Ford Fiesta Classic
      2013 Honda Dio - Pearl White
      2014 VW Polo 1.5 TDi - White Panther


      "Try everything in life but don't get addicted to it"

    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Engine braking and effect on clutch
      By curious in forum Engines & Transmissions
      Replies: 43
      Last Post: 16th Dec 2015, 19:26
    2. Does mud/dirt have any effect on performance ?
      By Sarav Sandhu in forum Figo
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 5th Jan 2014, 17:47
    3. G Forces in F1: Effect on Aam Aadmi :)
      By akshay380 in forum F1
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 13th May 2012, 13:48
    4. Replies: 21
      Last Post: 21st Oct 2011, 20:22
    5. Effect of tires on brake pads and rotor
      By optimus_prime in forum Alloys & Tyres
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 25th Dec 2010, 07:58

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •