• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need 4x4 - XUV Preferred

not aware that he can set his status here!

Hungry

Need 4x4 - XUV Preferred

I've been also bitten by bug of having 4X4. Now as my requirement is also same as yours (no mud slinging, steep inclining), I just want a decent softroader with capabilities to drive on most of the terrains.

There another thing is that only vehicle I want is XUV. Now I am confused between W6 and W10 AWD. My budget is 15 lacs. Either I can buy new W6 or used W10 AWD. There is one on sale which is 5 months old having 13000 KMs on odo. So I've two questions here.

Is XUV FWD is capable machine? Do I really need to take AWD? Can FWD cope up with snow on road, villages kaccha road? Anshuman's video are only done using AWD variant and they shows extreme off roading. It would be nice if we have side by side comparo of AWD and FWD.

Which is good option? A new W6 or 5 months old W10 AWD (both almost priced similarly)

Any help is greatly appreciated.
      Last edited by Nomad; 14th Apr 2017 at 17:50.

Awesome

Et tu S13?
      God! These bugs are everywhere! And No kind of repellent works!. Arh!

Btw,
      Any reason You're hell bent on XUV?
      If find it to be a Speed demon with Soft Underbelly. Infact, I won't put XUV where I can put even a 2wd bolero/Scorpio/Safari.

Stay way of used W10. XUV is not something that takes kindly to abuse. Better get a new w6. You'll have less niggles and Warranty support.

Yes I Anshuman should provide Videos of same car, Same terrain with 2wd and 4wd more. My Belief is that AWD is an half baked product which misses the most important part- Low range gearbox. So I went for 2wd when I brought XUV.

About Snow, I do not know. Maybe with Tyre chains, 2wd will do unless it gets too steep. XUV can take kutchha village roads in 2wd- No doubt about it.
      I am taking XUV on softroading (trail hunting) Next sunday, So I may be able to update you on that.

Awesome

For the FWD + Off road dilemma, I am going to try these-
      1 Pcs New Universal Adjustable Double Buckles Car Snow Tire Anti skid Chain Thickened Beef Tendon Wheel Chain for Snow Mud Road-in Snow Chains from Automobiles Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Plastic snow chains. They claim it works in Mud & Sand to.
      May work in Mud, But Do not think they'll in sand. As long as front 2 wheels are on the ground, these will work well to pull vehicle out. Could be worth a try.

Life is too short to enjoy

Hungry

Xuv has image of failing electronic and with the off-roading i would personally prefer only Japanese or bare bones cars.
      Look at Fortuner ,Thar much better option !

S-Crossed!

Awesome

Xuv is a super soft roader with a suv stance. Its one of the least capable for off road application. Duster 4wd is better than xuv in that case. Not sure whether used fortuner and will come in that price, but pajero sfx may...

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk
      Drive Safe!

JVS - S-Crossed

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      Any reason You're hell bent on XUV?
      Well that home minister is heavily inclined towards it. XUV does seems to be a balanced choice when it comes to luxury and macho feel in budget of 15 lacs. I am trying to show her other vehicles but it doesn't seems to work. I am also inclined towards it due to space management. Rear and second row seats tumble down and it becomes flat bed. An emergency motel for you when you don't get any accommodation.

I won't put XUV where I can put even a 2wd bolero/Scorpio/Safari.
      Very true. My time doesn't permit me to go for serious off road trails. As I already do have Scorpio and Bolero (Both RWD) so I know they can do rough and tricky terrains easily. Driving skills equally matters.
      Twice in a year I take loong holiday to roam around in country. XUV is chosen because it looks premium and also have ability to handle most of the usual terrains.

Stay way of used W10. XUV is not something that takes kindly to abuse. Better get a new w6. You'll have less niggles and Warranty support.
      I would like to get some more clarity on this. Is it W10 AWD variant which is problematic or is it word 'used' in W10 AWD? The W10 AWD which I have seen is 6 months old and having 13000 Kms on odo. Today I inquired about in Mahindra Service station and vehicle history is neat and clean. It has uniform usage pattern. Remaining 2.5 years warranty will also be there for me. Only thing; service advisor told me that this is first facelift XUV which has went through brake pad replacement. In last 2 service owner has repeatedly reported about brake noise.

Next sunday, So I may be able to update you on that.
      Thanks. Will wait for your update with photos.

Plastic snow chains. They claim it works in Mud & Sand to.
      God damn these chinese people. Have solution for everything in cheapest manner. Thanks for sharing the link.

Quote Originally Posted by AMG Style View Post
      Xuv has image of failing electronic and with the off-roading i would personally prefer only Japanese or bare bones cars.
      Look at Fortuner ,Thar much better option !
      So true. New Fortuner is out of budget and I do not like interior of old gen. Today I have been to Viraj ISUZU and checked V-Cross. Very impressive. More on this later.

Quote Originally Posted by jijivs View Post
      Xuv is a super soft roader with a suv stance. Its one of the least capable for off road application. Duster 4wd is better than xuv in that case. Not sure whether used fortuner and will come in that price, but pajero sfx may
      I am looking for kind of soft roader with little bit ability of handling slush mud and snow on roads. I need interiors to be upmarket as well and unfortunately no other vehicle qualifies that list. Duster is very capable vehicle but I feel it is overpriced what it offers. Old fortuner and Pajero doesn't feel premium from inside. By the way brother in owns Pajero SFX. Amazing vehicle I must say.
      Would like to add Hexa in this list but TATA's name associated with it refraining me to go for it. Had been to show room as well today and sales man cold response helped me to maintain my decision firm.

Awesome

Replies in BOLD
      Quote Originally Posted by s13 View Post
      Well that home minister is heavily inclined towards it. XUV does seems to be a balanced choice when it comes to luxury and macho feel in budget of 15 lacs. I am trying to show her other vehicles but it doesn't seems to work. I am also inclined towards it due to space management. Rear and second row seats tumble down and it becomes flat bed. An emergency motel for you when you don't get any accommodation.

Don't let a single parameter Sway your decisions. Will you believe if I told you that XUV is more delicate than i10? I own both so I know. XUV LOOKS macho. It isn't at heart.
      Yes flat bed is a novel feature missing elsewhere.

Very true. My time doesn't permit me to go for serious off road trails. As I already do have Scorpio and Bolero (Both RWD) so I know they can do rough and tricky terrains easily. Driving skills equally matters.
      Twice in a year I take loong holiday to roam around in country. XUV is chosen because it looks premium and also have ability to handle most of the usual terrains.

Buddy if you already have scorp & Bolero, You don't need other 4x4. Just install an MLD on Scorp and enjoy all off roading. You can check Anshuman Bishnoi Vids on Youtube.
      Then you may just use XUV for highway luxury trips.

I would like to get some more clarity on this. Is it W10 AWD variant which is problematic or is it word 'used' in W10 AWD? The W10 AWD which I have seen is 6 months old and having 13000 Kms on odo. Today I inquired about in Mahindra Service station and vehicle history is neat and clean. It has uniform usage pattern. Remaining 2.5 years warranty will also be there for me. Only thing; service advisor told me that this is first facelift XUV which has went through brake pad replacement. In last 2 service owner has repeatedly reported about brake noise.

There are 2 factors,
      USED- Touch that car only if there is Deccent warranty left and see if that warranty can be transferred to your name (get letter from mahindra for that)
      W10- Higher number of gadgets and Electronics. More failure points. Esp the touch screen which keeps hanging/ Restarting. Impossible to fix. Even my XUV is having break noise. FE is dropping terribly and what not.

Today I have been to Viraj ISUZU and checked V-Cross. Very impressive. More on this later.

Get V cross. Novel and interesting. Great road presence. Ride won't be as good as XUV BTW.

I am looking for kind of soft roader with little bit ability of handling slush mud and snow on roads. I need interiors to be upmarket as well and unfortunately no other vehicle qualifies that list. Duster is very capable vehicle but I feel it is overpriced what it offers. Old fortuner and Pajero doesn't feel premium from inside. By the way brother in owns Pajero SFX. Amazing vehicle I must say.
      Would like to add Hexa in this list but TATA's name associated with it refraining me to go for it. Had been to show room as well today and sales man cold response helped me to maintain my decision firm.
      Then Get Safari Storme 4x4. Very macho. Very capable. More reliable than XUV.

XUV does not qualify as 4x4 as it misses Low range box. Its just an AWD thats minorly helpful (only in Light snow). Won't help you much on Sand & Inclines.

p.s- Tata is not interested in selling vehicles. Its just the fools like us to go andd snatch the vehicles out of their showrooms. Once you get past that, Service is No-Nonsense and products are good. Have owned Multiple Tata products.

Hungry

XUV does not qualify as 4x4 as it misses Low range box. Its just an AWD thats minorly helpful (only in Light snow). Won't help you much on Sand & Inclines.
      I am 100% with you. Just inclined towards AWD because I am getting it same as new W6 price. As you say I can use Scorpio or Bolero for that. Will see if I can get W6. Wife's desire to see sun from roof will have to be dropped.

Regarding W10 AWD Mahindra site says that warranty is transferable.
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	warranty.PNG 
Views:	15 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	225608

Awesome

Shield is a different thing. Its an extended warranty costing 35k.
      I was curious about the OEM warranty that comes with the vehicle.

So coming back to the debate, What makes more sense for you would be a New, A W6, and A 2wd!
      Enjoy the brutal nature of 2.2 MHawk. Stay away from W10 niggles. Use scorp for Off road duties. I thoroughly doubt AWD in XUV is capable if at all. In Anshuman vids, you can see that they had to use a LOT of momentum to get across, Putting vehicle into a severe thrashing.
      Makes sense?

Hungry

Shield is a different thing. Its an extended warranty costing 35k.
      The price of extended warranty is 22000 upto 5 yrs or 1.5 lakhs KM(which ever occurs first). I will ask them if standard warranty is transferable.

Stay away from W10 niggles
      Words coming from existing owner worth alot. I will keep this in mind. Thank you. Now will book W6 at the end of month. (To get some more discounts)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information