• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Need advice on Used Tata Safari, 4x2 , DiCOR 2.2 VTT

Bangalore

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      For normal Oil+ Filter change FNG is fine.
      But I suggest you visit TASC and get the computer scanned and sensors tested once. FNG has zero knowledge on Safari electronics.
      thanks for the suggestion. Am not sure abt computer scanned whats that? Yesterday given my vehicle for general checkup in FNG, he cleaned up disc brakes etc and did some greasing . He was telling during last service in TASC it seems they didnt grease the bearings etc. Not sure if its true. For engine oil any recommendation? One thing he told was clutch seems to have a minor noise mainly because of usage in heavy traffic, when you release it some tak type sound you can hear . I never notice this. Also any suggestions for tyres? Am planning for Michelin .
      Next month planning a long drive close to 2k, so have to get the vehicle ready .

Hun 2die4

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rajith14 View Post
      thanks for the suggestion. Am not sure abt computer scanned whats that? Yesterday given my vehicle for general checkup in FNG, he cleaned up disc brakes etc and did some greasing . He was telling during last service in TASC it seems they didnt grease the bearings etc. Not sure if its true. For engine oil any recommendation? One thing he told was clutch seems to have a minor noise mainly because of usage in heavy traffic, when you release it some tak type sound you can hear . I never notice this. Also any suggestions for tyres? Am planning for Michelin .
      Next month planning a long drive close to 2k, so have to get the vehicle ready .
      Congratulations for the car.
      Don't replace anything that is not required, no matter what's the temptation.
      47k is normal for a Safari tyre, mine is 67k and still holds good tread. Please check the tyres before going for a replacement.
      I have been using CI4 + oil in my Safari and it runs usual. There is an inbuilt smoothness in the engine, which is not affected by the type of oil. However, in smaller engines, it is clearly perceived.
      If you plan to go for a tyre change, stock Bridgestone are good.
      I got the HP oil mentioned in this thread
      Ownership thread - Tata Safari, 2.2 VTT Dicor, EX - Page 4

Forgot to mention. Tata has an app which tells you about the service history of the vehicle. The oil runs for 15k kms and I would recommend you to only change oil after 10k kms or 1 year, whichever is earlier.
      Last edited by muztariq; 11th Aug 2019 at 23:12.
      Why walk when you can run?

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Am not sure abt computer scanned whats that?
      Car ECU
      He was telling during last service in TASC it seems they didnt grease the bearings etc
      Are you talking about Hub greasing? Its not needed at every service.
      One thing he told was clutch seems to have a minor noise mainly because of usage in heavy traffic,
      Lubricate the pedal from footwell.
      Am planning for Michelin
      Yokohama Geolander are best tyres for Safari. Goodyears are also good.
      Michelins are soft & puncture prone.

Bangalore

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by muztariq View Post
      Congratulations for the car.
      Don't replace anything that is not required, no matter what's the temptation.
      47k is normal for a Safari tyre, mine is 67k and still holds good tread. Please check the tyres before going for a replacement.
      I have been using CI4 + oil in my Safari and it runs usual. There is an inbuilt smoothness in the engine, which is not affected by the type of oil. However, in smaller engines, it is clearly perceived.
      If you plan to go for a tyre change, stock Bridgestone are good.
      I got the HP oil mentioned in this thread
      Ownership thread - Tata Safari, 2.2 VTT Dicor, EX - Page 4

Forgot to mention. Tata has an app which tells you about the service history of the vehicle. The oil runs for 15k kms and I would recommend you to only change oil after 10k kms or 1 year, whichever is earlier.
      thanks for the suggestions. Tyres and not that bad might run for few more month, but i doubt how it will be for long drives. Have intalled the app but mob is that of old owner how to change it? Need to update it in TASC?

- - - Updated - - -

Car ECU

Are you talking about Hub greasing? Its not needed at every service.

Lubricate the pedal from footwell.

Yokohama Geolander are best tyres for Safari. Goodyears are also good.
      Michelins are soft & puncture prone.
      thank you

Hun 2die4

Awesome

thanks for the suggestions. Tyres and not that bad might run for few more month, but i doubt how it will be for long drives. Have intalled the app but mob is that of old owner how to change it? Need to update it in TASC?

- - - Updated - - -

thank you
      Yes, you have to get it updated through TASC. Call them and also raise a complaint to customercare. I don't remember which one worked for me, but I did not visit TASC and everything was done over calls and email.
      Don't worry about tyres, they will hold good for any drive. You can expect atleast 65-70k kms life from the Bridgestone that are factory fitted. Yours are only 2 years old, that is another advantage.
      Why walk when you can run?

Bangalore

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by muztariq View Post
      Yes, you have to get it updated through TASC. Call them and also raise a complaint to customercare. I don't remember which one worked for me, but I did not visit TASC and everything was done over calls and email.
      Don't worry about tyres, they will hold good for any drive. You can expect atleast 65-70k kms life from the Bridgestone that are factory fitted. Yours are only 2 years old, that is another advantage.
      sure will do that. Ya planning to use the tires for few more months

Bangalore

Awesome

Hi Experts,
      Just a quick question am using my vehicle on a daily basis now. So am curious to know about turbo thing i do idling before taking it out and stopping the engine. But when i drive i can see rpm crosses 1800-2000 and turbo kicks then i switch gears to upper ones and rpm will come down, so i wanted to know is this fine driving style? Especially then i come out of traffic signals or jams . Also sometime I feels that even though rpm has reach 1800 turbo doesn't kicks. So is there any particular speed range and rpm on which this kicks in? May be this question is too immature.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

The Turbo in safari kicks in at 1700 rpm, and peaks somewhere near 2200-2300. It bleeds off after 3000. So best rpm to drive safari is somewhere around 2000.
      Don't drive below 1600 or you'll end up lugging the engine. Upshift at 2300 and downshift at 1700, is the rule.I follow.

........Loading!!

Awesome

Hi Experts,
      Just a quick question am using my vehicle on a daily basis now. So am curious to know about turbo thing i do idling before taking it out and stopping the engine. But when i drive i can see rpm crosses 1800-2000 and turbo kicks then i switch gears to upper ones and rpm will come down, so i wanted to know is this fine driving style? Especially then i come out of traffic signals or jams . Also sometime I feels that even though rpm has reach 1800 turbo doesn't kicks. So is there any particular speed range and rpm on which this kicks in? May be this question is too immature.
      This is normal and is how every car drives. You will feel the surge of power post 2k rpm.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Bangalore

Awesome

The Turbo in safari kicks in at 1700 rpm, and peaks somewhere near 2200-2300. It bleeds off after 3000. So best rpm to drive safari is somewhere around 2000.
      Don't drive below 1600 or you'll end up lugging the engine. Upshift at 2300 and downshift at 1700, is the rule.I follow.
      thanks for explaining. Mine is usually around 1700-1800 range . But sometimes its below 1700 also in top gear, i dont push it so hard didn't feel like engine is stressed or something. It usually runs smooth this am talking abt normal Bangalore ORR if traffic is less. Will keep an eye on these factors next time. Usually i don''t look into these things depending on engine behavior i keep shifting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by optimus09 View Post
      This is normal and is how every car drives. You will feel the surge of power post 2k rpm.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
      thanks

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread Information