• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Need advice on Used Tata Safari, 4x2 , DiCOR 2.2 VTT

Bangalore

Awesome

Story so far

so here are few updates...so far vechile is running good not much major issues other than some minor ones. My front left side lock started giving issues.Sometime door wont open after you release the lock one has to try it few time get it open, initially i thought may be child lock on checked it but it was not the reason. This issue happens quiet a few time also the window started giving some sort of noise when we operate it. So one weekend taken it to KHT i was thiking to do oil change also as it had done close to 10k after last oil change. There was some service engineer Vinod who attend the issues i explained it. He told no need to oil change now frequency is 20k so i left the vehicle there they told by evening 6 i can get it back. Later in afternoon i got a call from him telling the lock set need a replacement and it will close around 2.5k i asked him to do some fix on the present lock by doing some adjustment . He told in this model its not possible full set need replacement. I agreed to do it. Evening i gone to take the vehicle bill was aroun 4.2k or something including labor and they given some gold membership for 250( seem like some discount is there for every service we have to give those coupons) .They did some 40 point checks too. All look good to be but they did one thing the central box in dash board had a issue as its lock was broken previous owner had made this permanently close using some double sided tape, but during my service they did going extra mile and open it now this flap is always open i cant close as lock had broken. I don,t know they are so senseless that when you open it you can clearly see its not working and there are double sided tape on all side why the hell you should open it and keep it like that? I told this Vinod close this i dont want it open they he gone and bring some tape try to fix it but its not working it need few more taped he told sir you can use doubt sided tape and fix as it was late and i wanted to go out i told fine will do it myself. Later on i got this fixed need to use table on all the 3 sided even then after few min that flap will come out due it it spring action. So used some feviquick on the side and stick it. So far its working fine. Now later i notice one thing powerwind switch on left hand side is not working seems like they forget to connect it or something .
      Couple of weeks back while leaving from office my vehicle was not starting not evening cranking. I called up KHT guys they told next day they will come etc. Next day called Adya motors it was near manyata so the person come to my office in another storme then he checked my vehicle and connect his battery with mine then after few trails my vehicle started . He told me battery had gone i asked doesnt it give any warning etc to battery is low he told no. Then asked me to call kht and check how much it cost for a batter they quoted 7.4k then this guy given a no of another local battery agent he told me 5.6k or something after exchanging old. I asked him to get it replaced.I was really worried if something major had happend etc luckly it was a battery issue. I have a doubt how long does a battery last the older was Amron( i think company fitted) it lasted hardly 2.5 years is it normal? The present batter is maintenance free one need to see how it goes.
      Last week i took it to ac service as cooling was low he did a top up and did some cleaning after that cooling is fine. This was in cooltech car ac near manyata he had some good reviews. Charged 1.2k. He checked the vehicle and told they dont provide any filter for a/c nor do they give a slot for it. Its like old model cars also he remove some sponge from front grill he told its blocking the radiator fan so not air coming properly etc the sponge was full of dirt. As i told earlier i used to get some mud like smell when i start a/c this a/c repair guy told its due to dust from front panel(inside grill some mesh type) . THis need cleaning he did some cleaning with water for time being. He told full dash need to be removed and all cleaning need to do be done in coil etc then this smell will go, it will take day or so. I asked him to leave it for time being.
      So this is story so far. Also any recommendation on diesel? Currently am using Shell normal one once in a while will user that premium diesel . But somewhere read it causes lot of black smoke etc.
      Last edited by rajith14; 7th Sep 2019 at 06:21. Reason: attachment

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Lots of stuff. One Paragraph. Makes hard to read.
      For diesel, stick to Indian Oil and do not use premium.

Bangalore

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      Lots of stuff. One Paragraph. Makes hard to read.
      For diesel, stick to Indian Oil and do not use premium.
      sorry had put everything like a story . Next time will keep it short. Thanks for suggestion .

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rajith14 View Post
      Next time will keep it short. Thanks for suggestion .
      I think it was a waste of your time writing this piece. I doubt anyone would bother to read it.

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

Next time will keep it short.
      Make it atleast readable. Now it is just one big paragaraph. Split it into smaller paragraphs.
      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
      -Calvin

Dai!!!

Bangalore

Awesome

Edited post to make it more readable

So far vechile is running good not much major issues other than some minor ones. My front left side lock started giving issues.Sometime door wont open after you release the lock, one has to try it few times to open the door. Initially i thought may be child lock was on but it was not the reason. This issue happens quiet a few time also the window started giving some sort of noise when we operate it. Weekend taken it to KHT i was thiking to do oil change also as it had done close to 10k after last oil change. There was some service engineer Vinod who attend the issues. He told no need to oil change now frequency is 20k, so i left the vehicle there they told by evening 6 i can get it back.

Later I got a call from him telling the lock set need a replacement and it will close around 2.5k i asked him to do some fix on the present lock by doing some adjustment . He told in this model its not possible full set need replacement. I agreed to do it. Evening i gone to take the vehicle, bill was around 4.2k or something including labor and they given some gold membership for 250( seem like some discount is there for every service we have to give those coupons) .They did some 40 point checks too.

All look good to be but they did one thing the central box in dash board had a issue as its lock was broken previous owner had made this permanently close using some double sided tape, but during my service they did going extra mile and open it now this flap is always open i cant close as lock had broken.

I don,t know TASS are so senseless. When you open it you can clearly see its not working and there are double sided tape on all side why the hell you should open it and keep it like that? I told Vinod to fix it.I dont want Kept it open always. He bought some tape try to fix it but its not working it need few more taped he told sir you can use doubt sided tape and fix.Later on i got this fixed need to use tape on all the 3 sided even then after few min that flap will come out due to its spring action. So used some feviquick on the side and closed it.

Later i notice one thing powerwindow switch on left hand side is not working seems like they forget to connect it or something .

One issue i faced is couple of weeks back while leaving from office my vehicle was not starting not evening cranking. I called up KHT guys they told next day they will come etc. Next day called Adya motors it was near manyata so the person come to my office in another storme then he checked my vehicle and connect his vehicle battery with mine then after few trails my vehicle started . He told battery had gone, i asked doesn't it give any warning etc he told no. I bought a new battery from a dealer nearby for around 5.9k. I was really worried if something major had happen etc luckly it was a battery issue. I have a doubt how long does a battery last the older was Amron( i think company fitted) it lasted hardly 2.5 years is it normal? The present batter is maintenance free one, need to see how it goes. Also during 40 point check in TASS don''t they check battery life?

Last week i took it to ac service as cooling was low he did a top up and did some cleaning after that cooling is fine. This was in cooltech car ac near manyata he had some good reviews. Charged 1.2k. He checked the vehicle and told they don't provide any filter for a/c nor do they give a slot for it. Its like old cars, also he remove some sponge from front grill he told its blocking the radiator fan so not air coming properly etc the sponge was full of dirt.

I used to get some mud like smell for few sec when i start a/c . Mechanic here told its due to dust from front panel(inside grill some mesh type) . This need cleaning he did some cleaning with water for time being. He told full dash need to be removed and all cleaning need to do be done in coil etc then this smell will go, it will take day or so. I asked him to leave it for time being.

Awesome

My front left side lock started giving issues.Sometime door wont open after you release the lock, one has to try it few times to open the door. Initially i thought may be child lock was on but it was not the reason. This issue happens quiet a few time also the window started giving some sort of noise when we operate it.
      Are you parking in the rain or washing the car frequently?
      These happen due to Rust & Corrosion.

He told no need to oil change now frequency is 20k,
      Freq is 10k. Do not extend the interval.

powerwindow switch on left hand side is not working seems like they forget to connect it or something .
      Right. They left the switch disconnected.
      it lasted hardly 2.5 years is it normal?
      Little less. Good batteries last 4 to 5 years. But your car if stands a lot, decreases battery life.
      maintenance free one,
      If you got an SLA battery, they have very poor records in Indian heat, Engine heat. Regular Acid battery is recommended.
      also he remove some sponge from front grill he told its blocking the radiator fan so not air coming properly etc the sponge was full of dirt
      Shouldn't be any sponge there.
      He told full dash need to be removed and all cleaning need to do be done in coil etc then this smell will go, it will take day or so. I asked him to leave it for time being.
      Avoid dash teardown in Safari.
      there is 3m Coil cleaning spray. Find it on my Blue elephant thread. I have made a guide somewhere.

Bangalore

Awesome

Are you parking in the rain or washing the car frequently?
      These happen due to Rust & Corrosion
      no i dont park it on rain and yes i used to give it for water wash twice a month. Planning to switch to water less wash which i can do it myself.

Freq is 10k. Do not extend the interval.
      will do oil change this month.

If you got an SLA battery, they have very poor records in Indian heat, Engine heat. Regular Acid battery is recommended.
      need to see then how this one goes.so far no issues.

Avoid dash teardown in Safari.
      there is 3m Coil cleaning spray. Find it on my Blue elephant thread. I have made a guide somewhere.
      have bought "Xxtra Armor AC Duct Cleaner" used it once it gives a pleasant smell, but the initial smell is still there . Will try it multiple times to see if it helps.

Awesome

Just spraying it on ducts will not help. Smell comes from Mould growing on Evaporator coil. You need to undo the grilles and push down a long pipe till you reach the coil.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread Information