• Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Need advice on Used Tata Safari, 4x2 , DiCOR 2.2 VTT

Bangalore

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
      rajith14, Congrats!! 9L is good price for 2 year old car, at almost half the price for new one!!

I think Storme AC has some issue. I too used to get bad smell from AC when i used to start the car on next day. After advise of someone from GH, i have started practice of switching the AC off 1 minute before end of journey or switching off the car, and keep the blower to 3 or 4 speed. For once, you can run heater at max temperature for 4-5 minutes. And afterwards follow the AC switching off before end of journey. None of my other cars had this issue.

Since you have graduated from Petrol cars, you should let the run idle for 30 seconds at end of journey and at start of journey. this would help your turbo. You may combine AC procedure with 30 seconds idling at end of journey. Follow these religiously and you wont have AC bad smell.

No Need of AC cleaning at the TASS.

Also, AC has one quirk. Sometimes it stops cooling when ambient temperature is not high, so take the AC knob to lowest temperature setting, and bring the know back to your desired temperature setting. Or switch off and switch on the AC.
      thanks for the suggestion will follow that. I usually keep the engine idling for 30-40 sec before i take it out. A/C didn't have any complaint, what i do is start the front side a/c when desired temp is reached switch to ECO mode . This issue happens when i start my a/c though it goes off after sometime, anyhow let me try the suggestions and see how it goes.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

speed79
      has given some great advise. One more thing I add, If you switch AC compressor on/off when running, just press clutch to bring Engine to Idle. Saves lots of wear & Jerks on AC compressor.

Bangalore

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      speed79
      has given some great advise. One more thing I add, If you switch AC compressor on/off when running, just press clutch to bring Engine to Idle. Saves lots of wear & Jerks on AC compressor.
      oh this i was unaware ...will keep in mind..

Bangalore

Awesome

Am using the beast for daily commute to office getting adjusted with it. One thing i noticed is when i shift fro 1 to 2 or 1 to neutral it feels bit hard. Am able to sense as if am pulling it out of some lock. Am not able to explain here . I feel like pulling a rod out of a semi circle type lock or something like that . Not sure if anyone have got this experience. I don't know if anyone understand what am trying to tell.

Sex is not the Answer. Sex is
      the Question. Yes is the
      Answer

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rajith14 View Post
      Not sure if anyone have got this experience. I don't know if anyone understand what am trying to tell.
      Is your idle speed normal?

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rajith14 View Post
      One thing i noticed is when i shift fro 1 to 2 or 1 to neutral it feels bit hard. Am able to sense as if am pulling it out of some lock. Am not able to explain here
      When was gear oil changed last time?

Try Linkage lubrication as shown here-

Bangalore

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Indian View Post
      Is your idle speed normal?
      Yes no issues in idle speed..today noticed one thing while i was driving in heavy traffic changed gear to 1st and was moving in half clutch then it started jumping for few seconds then i applied full clutch then again to half clutch for sometime and to 2nd then kept moving . I have noticed this behavior 2 times today morning need to see it in coming day was it due to my driving habit or something else.

Bangalore

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
      When was gear oil changed last time?

Try Linkage lubrication as shown here-

thanks for sharing..i was also thinking to give it to my local mechanic this week for disc brake cleaning and for applying some grease in main parts. Also notice some sort of sound is coming while i take it morning from my parking area some sort of rubbing sound not sure whats that. Planning to do wheel alignment also its been 7k run now and no alignment done may be due to it.

Bangalore

Awesome

Hi All,

One more advice needed , next month am planning to give it for servicing shall i stick with TASS or give it to a local mechanic. Near to my home one guy is there he is pretty good, used to give my other vehicles here. When i had gone to do inspection in TASS the guy there was telling engine oil for this is produced my TATA and you should stick to it bla bla . If i give outside what all should be the things which should be taken care. After last service vehicle has done 7k+ till now. As am using this on daily basis planning to do it next month.

Awesome

For normal Oil+ Filter change FNG is fine.
      But I suggest you visit TASC and get the computer scanned and sensors tested once. FNG has zero knowledge on Safari electronics.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information