• Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i20 Service Queries

Life is too short to enjoy

Hungry

i20 Service Queries

Hello

I own an Hyundai i20 run 40,000 in last 5 years.I was planning to do service at an nearby FNG . Here's the work i have listed .
      1) Engine Oil - 5w40 Shell syntheticbought in Amazon lighting deal at 2200
      2) Air and oil filter - Hyundai's Genuine from a nearby automotive shop .Ac filter changed On April's first week 2017 while ac servicing
      3) I was planning for brake bleed as brake oil level was also low.So which is the best brand available and required quantity
      No problem in shopping online also if its COD
      4) Front Suspension Bushes ,Got changed rear one previous year .It was not genuine one,So should i go for same brand ir genuine ?. price was similar but genuine not available
      5) Brake disc,drum brakes at rear should be change ?.Its not mentioned in manual per say.I am asking as precautionary
      6) Got pads changed around 25,000 so it Will not be required
      7) Spark Plugs changed 10,000 kilometres before.Need changes now or later ?
      Any other work needed as precautionary ?

Cars are Life

Hungry

2200 bucks for 4 litres of Shell synthetic oil???!!! Oh man!!!!
      Last edited by Nomad; 4th Jun 2017 at 17:23. Reason: Avoid Posting the whole post as it inconveniences the mobile readers
      2015 Maruti Suzuki Ritz LDi - 136,000 kms
      2011 Honda Jazz iVtec X - 59,000 kms
      2015 Honda City iVtec V - 18,000 kms
      2017 Yamaha Ray ZR - 1,800 kms

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by anand_h View Post
      2200 bucks for 4 litres of Shell synthetic oil???!!! Oh man!!!!
      Was it not value for money ?.

Sorry couldn't get what you mean ?

Cars are Life

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by amg style View Post
      was it not value for money ?.

Sorry couldn't get what you mean ?
      excellent value for money bro!!!
      2015 Maruti Suzuki Ritz LDi - 136,000 kms
      2011 Honda Jazz iVtec X - 59,000 kms
      2015 Honda City iVtec V - 18,000 kms
      2017 Yamaha Ray ZR - 1,800 kms

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by anand_h View Post
      excellent value for money bro!!!

Yeah.I got in Jan 2017 lighting deal and suprisingly got Jan 17 manufacturing only.
      Gonna use it after 6 months of storage in bedroom

Any help regarding the service ?

Proud Owner Of Honda

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AMG Style View Post
      Gonna use it after 6 months of storage in bedroom
      Why bedroom? You didn't had any other place to store it?

Jokes apart, its not good for health. You would be breathing its vapor every night. I hope it didn't harm you or your family.
      Last edited by CRACING; 4th Jun 2017 at 17:37.
      I'm happy to own it, proud to drive it and be seen in it......... It is HONDA.........

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by CRACING View Post
      Why bedroom? You didn't had any other place to store it?

Jokes apart, its not good for health. You would be breathing its vapor every night. I hope it didn't harm you or your family.
      I have other rooms like balcony,store room but that didn't seem suitable to me
      In bedroom its in a wooden cupboard with my old semester books, school stuff etc ,So no point of worry i guess plus my room is well ventilated with windows open all day and closed at night

On other note what about service ?

Proud Owner Of Honda

Awesome

I didn't own Hyundai cars but will try to give you answers in general manner:

1. I have limited knowledge about engine oil grades but this oil works for both petrol and diesel cars. i20 needs oil change every 10000 Kms or 12 Month, be it diesel or petrol car. If you have crossed the mark then its good to change the oil.

2. No need to change air filter and cabin filter if it looks clean. Oil filter will be replaced along with engine oil. Atleast this is what service centers do everytime.

3. Sorry, no idea about brake oil.

4. If there is issue with bushes then no need to change. How much does it cost? if its not much and there is stock of genuine bushes then buy them as spare.

5. Incase the brakes are weak or making noise, you have to buy new brake parts. Otherwise, ignore it. Service center will check the condition of the same.

6. Same as above.

7. Spark plugs have long life (i.e every 60k for i20) so no need to replace so early.

Service adviser will help you if anything else is required (Like coolant, transmission fluid, power steering oil and checkup of belts, hose pipes or lines, battery, alternator and etc).
      I'm happy to own it, proud to drive it and be seen in it......... It is HONDA.........

Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by CRACING View Post
      I didn't own Hyundai cars but will try to give you answers in general manner:

1. I have limited knowledge about engine oil grades but this oil works for both petrol and diesel cars. i20 needs oil change every 10000 Kms or 12 Month, be it diesel or petrol car. If you have crossed the mark then its good to change the oil.

2. No need to change air filter and cabin filter if it looks clean. Oil filter will be replaced along with engine oil. Atleast this is what service centers do everytime.

3. Sorry, no idea about brake oil.

4. If there is issue with bushes then no need to change. How much does it cost? if its not much and there is stock of genuine bushes then buy them as spare.

5. Incase the brakes are weak or making noise, you have to buy new brake parts. Otherwise, ignore it. Service center will check the condition of the same.

6. Same as above.

7. Spark plugs have long life (i.e every 60k for i20) so no need to replace so early.

Service adviser will help you if anything else is required (Like coolant, transmission fluid, power steering oil and checkup of belts, hose pipes or lines, battery, alternator and etc).

First of all I am not visiting Hyundai ASS.
      Replies to all your points
      1)I usually follow the month time and its already an year old so changing
      2) Always replace air filter in service,How dusty is India's air is ,You should always replace it.It hardly cost 100-200 and at maximum 500 rs for non premium cars
      Cabin filter is to replaced every 2 years if you Regularly use Ac
      3) No issue.
      4) Nothing issue as such ,But after changing rear comfort increase and a bit of ground clearance.In rear it was of half size compared to new ,So was replaced
      It costed 400 rs or so for two new bushes for rear
      5) There is no as such issue but as a precautionary i was thinking as its 5 year old already
      7)Spark plugs according to manual require change every 30,000 or 3 years in cass if normal usage and in case of heavy 2 years with 20,000 kilometres

I will check all the hoses and battery, alternators etc
      Thanks for the advice

Hungry

Hello

I was searching google and came across following article http://anytop10.com/top-10-best-brak...-cars-reviews/

This led me to this
      https://www.amazon.com/Prestone-AS80...ds=brake+fluid

Worth importing brake fluid ? and what quantity if i should ? .Manual dosent specify regarding this .Take brake bleed into conisderation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information