• Angry
  • Awesome
  • Hungry
  • Secret
  • Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Quest for a New Car.

not aware that he can set his status here!

Awesome

Smile Quest for a New Car.

FLASHBACK: (2008)

The new mighty muscular m-hawk Scorpio is launched!!

The Scorpio is purchased.

Served us well for 2 years, though unlike other Mahindra owners we had to face

high maintenance!

19th June 2010(night):

Our parking was occupied by our other cars so I decided to park the Scorpio outside the building...

20th June 2010(morning):

Disaster strikes!! Scorpio missing!!

Towed?? No!

Security sleeping?? Yes!!

Scorpio STOLEN!!

I would like to summarize the events after this:
      Police complain made, insurance company informed…two months passed, car not found so we knew now that we would not get our car back in the 3rd month we got a report from the police stating that the car could not be found (all this while the police had been very cooperative) this was submitted to the insurance company and the other papers were also submitted. Basically we were now waiting for the insurance claim and decided that we would get a car after we get the claim. We also got a new Maruti Eeco as a temporary vehicle…as it was the cheapest spacious vehicle available.

During this time we got a drive of the Aria prior to its launch…the link is below

http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?3...g-Impressions.

I really liked the car but it was in my mind that our next car is the Cruze AT!
      Basically I was (I am) in love with the Cruze! after the Aria drive my dad told me that the Aria should be considered while buying our next car(he had liked it very much) I was like ya it’s a good car[we are getting the Cruze(in my mind!!)].

3 months had passed and the insurance guy said we will get our claim in one month or two I started researching for a new car in the meanwhile Cruze prices had hiked and I came to know that Tata Aria Launches 11th October. I was like OK.

But then I told dad about the Aria launch, after some discussion we came to know that maybe we will get our claim when the car launches so…I said CRUZE? My dad knew about the Cruze and asked me to compare it to the Aria. The fun begins…

Me: Aria is not a car it’s a TATA!(me in my my mind

Me: Cruze has a better engine!

Me: (after not gaining much attention) it can’t be compared the segments are different only prices are similar. (That was it the Aria had all the features of the Cruze except a sunroof and start stop button!)

Dad: OK. What about Aria benefits?

Me: errr…the Aria looks huge……but the Cruze is better!

Dad: look at our roads, Cruze no doubt is a good product but it’s a car, would you like the roads to scrape the car every time you drive it. Also flooding occurs every year be it an emergency would you like to drive the Cruze? Also we need a car that we can make long trips on and who knows how the roads can be at some places…can the Cruze seat 7?

It was clear Dad was right and those were the reasons why we had a Scorpio admittedly a SUV or MUV is comfortable for driving is traffic than a sedan or so I felt. Also the place where we stay the roads are Pathetic is an understatement; I’ve seen Innovas getting scraped so Cruze?? No way! I love that car too much! To scrape it! (The roads had scraped cruze during a TD in our area)

Me: butt the Aria price is not known??What if it is overpriced??(Happy in mind)

Dad: I will take care of that.

Me:urgh...i also like the Aria

That was the end of the discussion the Aria was finalized, also dad believes in Tata as a group and thinks after taking on jaguar a good Indian brand has improved! I nowadays quite agree to that. Also that night when I thought about it peacefully I quite liked the Aria my driving experience was mind blowing but I was sure to miss the torque boost of the cruze it was OK and I had convinced myself to go for the Aria.

But all was not still well the insurance guy on 5th October tells us that the claim may take up to another month!!! I looked at dad (me=worried) so will we have to wait another month???(Tired of using EECO).

On this my dad told me that we will buy the car as it is launched and the claim will come when it has to!

Me=happy, sad, exited, confused=Satisfied!!

WAITING FOR THE LAUNCH OF ARIA!! HOPE TO GET IT SOON!!

Name:  _ND38976.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  70.8 KB

PS: Rest of details like the ownership report will follow in the same thread with PICTURES give me some time…until further notice thread paused!!
      Last edited by mclaren1885; 13th Oct 2010 at 03:50. Reason: Title changed as per request of the OP.

Angry OLD man...!
      Diesel'd O_o

Secret

Nice read. With lot of icons for fun.
      It takes a huge leap of faith to book a "new" (or rather unknown) vehicle.

All the best.
      Rabid Dog Club - bite first, bark later

1997 - Yamaha RxZ
      2003 - 2003 OHC vtec (AKA The Boat) - Blackworked ;) - Sold
      2012 - Schwinn Frontier Elite
      2012 - KTM Duke 200
      2016 - Honda City VX(o) BL - Diesel (AKA Diesel Boat)

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
      Nice read. With lot of icons for fun.
      It takes a huge leap of faith to book a "new" (or rather unknown) vehicle.

All the best.
      thanks for the good wishes,its not me its my dad who has the courage to take the leap!!
      he trusts in the Tata group,anyways the vehicle is not unknown we have driven it!!
      its good!

GearHead
      Forza Ferrari!!!

Awesome

that was a very good write up. looking forward to the rest

WHiTe LiGHTNiNG™
      Hyperian

Awesome

cruz LTZ is an awesome car. but, do you want a sedan or a MUV? what is that you are looking for?
      Caveman on Ketosis

Now aware!

Awesome

The wait begins - not for the delivery, but for the unveiling of the vehicle itself!

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
      The wait begins - not for the delivery, but for the unveiling of the vehicle itself!

yep,but if you go to see then everything apart from price has already been revealed,so for me the wait is purely for delivery!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
      that was a very good write up. looking forward to the rest
      thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
      cruz LTZ is an awesome car. but, do you want a sedan or a MUV? what is that you are looking for?
      i told you im getting the Aria!!
      Last edited by Road Blazer; 8th Oct 2010 at 21:13.

Now aware!

Awesome

I do think they follow up the unveiling with couple of deliveries... so that might mean that you will be invited (if you have booked / confirmed purchase you should be) to the ceremony.

Please keep you camera charged / with new batteries / with back-up batteries and take them when going. And do not forget to take photos when there.

Awesome

no its nothing like that you got me all wrong ill just try to be the first one to buy it when it is launched...

Global Moderator
      Driving Worlds fastest truck!!

Awesome

whatever it is on 12th we will have everything I guess
      Try walking into YOUR car rather than crawling. For me walking is always best ---GURU SHISHIR

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information